Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Mean Girls 2

Mildly amusing sequel follows same "be yourself" storyline.

Adult Written byRoxyroller February 13, 2011

TERRIBLE MOVIE. DO NOT SEE

WOW. All I can say it was a HUGE waste of time and money. The movie was not good in any way. The cast was so ugly an they areDISNEY STARS! once I saw that I knew it was going to be bad. Mean Girls is about sass and the stuff you have to go through at highschool; being popular, dealing with the girls that give you a hard time, etc. But none of that was happening. It totally disgraced Mean Girls 1 and whoever thought it is a good movie is so mistaken. There is no funny bits, the actors are terrible there is barely and bad language (the blonde chick o the antiplqstics says the b word like ONCE) Overall it's just a sad pathetic excuse for q movie. I wouldn't let my dog have to go through this painful movie. Like wow, 'she didnt come have a coffee with me so I'm gonna mess with her dad' then 'damm she messed around with my dad so now I'm gonna face her in a game of football' WHO SETTLES THAT WITH A GAME OF FOOTBALL?!?! oh wait the Plastics do -.-  theres a reason why they are plastic, how do they even know how to play football???? Ugh
Adult Written byBishop Loves Gir October 3, 2011

uggh

i hated this movie!it attacked the first one.a lot of profanity.UNAPPROPRIATE!A lot of disappointing and awkward scenes.you will be surprised!

Parent of a 13 year old Written byMeangirls2 February 1, 2011

SUCKED. Not good for any age.

This movie SUCKED . The profanity seemed forced and unnatural. The actors were just horrible. The story line was almost the exact same as the first. And can someone name one REAL person that tries to sabotage someones dad's job because they said they don't feel like getting coffee with the popular girls? This movie wasn't even realistic. I'm sorry for all the people that put time , effort , and money into this but it was kind of a huge waste. I disliked this movie sooo much. >:(

Parent of a 6, 15, 15, and 17 year old Written by79awesome August 26, 2013

Mean girls 2 sucked

Dumb just plain dumb disney needs to leave other movies alone they made mean girls 2 look bad it was cheesy and annoying especially the main charecter was annoying. Dont bother stick with the first one

Parent of a 8 year old Written byBIG BAD DAD January 28, 2011
I thought it was down right one one of disneys worst movies my daughter watches these girls on disney channel. I don't know if they know or not but they are roll models wether i want them to be or not,Im thinking of getting rid of the channel so my daughter can't watch them any more my opinion is that WALT would put a stop to what there doing at disney if he was alive I, think that all parents should boycot disney for what they have done to a family oriented icon

Adult Written byrude beauty April 10, 2012

got any problem

funny and fun...

Adult Written byscouthathaway August 3, 2018

(not) Mean Girls 2

Wow, just...wow. This was such a bad movie! How dare people call this a sequel to the great movie that the (real) Mean Girls is! I have no words to describe how much I hated it! It felt like a 1979 movie because it was just so cliché! And how dare they DRAG Jennifer Stone into this GARBAGE! Don’t even BOTHER with this one. Highly disappointed!

Parent of a 10 year old Written byLyssa R. September 9, 2018

So horrible.

I do not recommend this movie especially if you liked the first one. It’s way softer. I know a lot of people were conplaining about all the sex and drug references in the first movie, but they made it funny. This movie says it still relates to teen struggles, but I can disagree with that.
Adult Written byKarrie21 September 5, 2012

Mediocre at best

Not nearly as good as the first one. When the first movie had so much success I believe it would have been easy for them to follow it up with an equal hit. Unfortunately that didn't happen. Not only is Mean Girls 2 very predictable, but Jo (the main character) isn't much of a realistic role model for most kids. Even though in the original Mean Girls Cady had a very unique background, her attitude and actions were realistic unlike Jo in Mean Girls 2. If you're really bored and it's free to watch, give it a shot but it's not something worth spending money on. You could easily find other ways to talk to your kids about cliques and decisions.

Adult Written byThe cool parent February 1, 2012

Not a good movie.

Yuck. Bad movie. But my 12 year old daughter just loves Meghan Martin.

Adult Written bydvdgirl December 15, 2018

good.

I liked it. not as good as the first but I would have to watch it again.

Parent Written byTorelle S torelle December 3, 2018

This movie is pure trash

I cannot tell you how much hate I have for this movie. This shouldn't even have a similar name to its fantastic original. Mindy (or whatever the heck her name is) the so-called "mean girl" is just atrocious. Shes obnoxious and rude, and is like a super babyish version of regina george. The fashion sense in the movie is pure trash. In the original, the clothes were hip and stylish. But these--these outfits (don't even get me started on the headbands) looked like these apparently, "junior" highschoolers walked out of justice. The acting is just awful, and I cannot tell you how lazy the directors got with the character casting. It's almost as if they said "throw in a couple of disney stars, dumb down each character, over-exaggerate the acting, try and make quotes like 'on wednesdays we wear pink' but make sure they don't work out, and get negative reviews, and we'll have a bad movie for sure." Don't bother, it's pure trash. I thought I was watching the disney channel for a long time, but every time a character cursed I got shocked, and realized the movie was just plain stupid. Honestly, I guess the most inappropriate thing they mention is the fact that our main character (tess from camp rock) and side kick (harper from wizards of waverly place) are virgins. I watched this when I was 9, and I didn't care at all. TRASH>
Parent of a 18+ year old Written byMehak Singh S. August 27, 2017

Not too bad. But still prefer Mean Girls (original)

The sequel wasn't too bad. It was alright. But everyone, stick to the original mean girls. I still believe that there is a sequel out there for this film which will be as good as the first one.

Parent of a 6, 12, and 15 year old Written byHailey Spring March 31, 2019

Blah

Given how iconic Mean Girls is, there’s no way a straight-to-DVD sequel would be good. The entire time I couldn’t help but feel it was a Disney channel original movie. Why does it have to suck?! They throw in some old childhood TV stars and own actor from the original(the character was TOTALLY ruined). The lead actress has the WORST line delivery EVER!! I just hate this movie. You CANNOT take an iconic YA chick-flick comedy and dumb it down into a children’s movie. At least not with the intent of making people like it. It felt like I was just watching a Wattpad fanfiction.
Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written byTamaraCarol August 14, 2018

Disappointing

The first movie was quite good, but this is totally not! The story is boring. Couldn’t watch it till the end.