All member reviews for Mean Girls

Mature but often-hilarious teen comedy.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygabilovesyouhh February 7, 2010
i lvoe this movie, but it would be awkward to watch it with family.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypopstar1049 May 15, 2010
I LOVE THIS MOVIE! it's one that will really make you laugh! There's a few iffy stuff in it, I would say it's good for pre-teens and teens. It sends out a mesage saying popularity is not everything and how gossiping hurts. I would rate it 5 stars! :-)
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpeedy1108 December 14, 2009

Good Movie

I think it was a funny movie.. Idk what everybody else thinks but this is something that younger teens like... and they dont like to be treated like a baby and have to watch G rated films.
Adult Written byPollyRoger April 9, 2008

Over hyped teen movie

Once again, commonsensemedia over exaggerates. The language is strong, yes, but not for a PG-13. There are no f-words in the movie. Also, there's was a lot of suggestive dialogue in the movie, and a few sexual scenes, but no scenes actually depicting sex. It should not have had an R-rating. PG-13 is appropriate. However, I think it's disgusting that there are 11 and 12 year olds who have seen this. Even though I think the rating is appropriate, I wouldn't have let a 13 year old watch this either. It's probably best for 15+. I saw this with my best friend when I was 15, almost 16. I would never have watched it with my mother. I watch a lot of suggestive things with my younger sister, who is 12 (and watches things like Friends regularly) , but I would never have let her see this. And to all of the kids whose parents won't let them see this: Don't feel bad. You're not missing much. Rachel McAdams is the only actress in this worth watching, and the whole movie reminds me of why I hated high school. All in all, for your average 15-17 year old, this would probably be a fun movie to see with friends, NOT a younger sibling or parent.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

YUK!!!

Trash mouth...nasty girls with absolutely stupid adults. Sex is the number one topic and it is pushed to the limit. It is terrible to be a nice girl...and to be a virgin is unacceptable. Just an awful waste of time and money.
Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

not for any children.

I absolutely hated this film. It is not appropriate for children. A lot of sexual themes in this one. But OK for someone over 16 I think. I saw it when I was about 12 (?) and was quite shocked.
Parent of a 5, 11, 11, and 14 year old Written byThe Random Reviewer August 21, 2010

Perfect for kids over 7

i love it it taught my 5 year old to not go into peeer pressure but because of the language i would wait for a little more yearrs
Teen, 17 years old Written bymovieviewer101 May 19, 2012

Fantastic!

I watched Mean Girls when it first came out on DVD; I was just ten years old. My mom knew it was a bit much for my age (some of the jokes were above my head), but she watched it with me anyways. Throughout middle school (when my peers began to watch it) and high school(when even the football team can quote it) Mean Girls has been my go-to movie. It is hilarious! Although it has plenty of crude humor it does not endorse bad behavior, instead it satirizes it. The main character, Cady, is an excellent role model. Yes, she makes bad decisions, but ultimately she and her peers learn the importance of being kind and true. The negative aspects of the movie (sex, drinking, bitchy behavior) are truly positive ones, for they teach girls how NOT to behave. This movie is excellent for mature 6th graders, and is a must-see for 7th graders and beyond. It is cruel to forbid your child from watching this gem of a cult comedy. Please moms, let your girls watch and learn from it... maybe you can learn too.
Parent of a 10, 12, and 15 year old Written byFrobie April 29, 2014

Not for kids under 12!

Although this film has a positive message in the end, it is highly inappropriate for those under 12 due to the general raunchiness and the plethora of sex and drug references and actual scenes of a sexual nature. The profanity/language is pretty pervasive throughout, although there were no f-bombs. I really regret allowing my daughter to watch this film...I assumed that because it received a PG-13 rating, it must be okay for a mature 12 year old. Boy, did I miscalculate that one!! Parents, be vigilant. Ratings don't always reflect the content of the movie. Great for ages 14 and up. Funny movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBookLover2 April 11, 2010

SOOOOOO FUNNY!

This is the best movie I have ever seen! And I laughed soooo hard. My friends and I refer to the jokes all the time and we watch it ever time we have a sleepover.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byroyalblue246 August 7, 2010

A great movie with a lesson to be learned

This movie is not as bad a reviews crack it up to be. When watching this chick flick I actualy observed a good life lesson
Teen, 13 years old Written bycullenlovato81396 May 16, 2010
Adult Written byMom_and_Son February 10, 2009

Funny, Moderately perverted at times, but LOL FUNNY!!!

This movie stars Lindsey Lohan and SNL star Tina Fey. It has a good message in the end but lots of High School potty mouth. Comic violence, language, and suggestive content are moderate but mature 8th graders and up shouldn't have a problem. I suggest watching it when it comes on ABC family so that most of the stuff is edited! Still made me LOL the whole time!!
Parent Written byBishop Loves Gir October 3, 2011

Great movie about being yourself.

this movie expresses be yourself and the popular crowd isnt everything,this movie is great and i love it!i watched it 3 times in one day.i hope you will love it too
Kid, 12 years old April 6, 2010

Fantastic for girls and boys alike!

This film provides so many laugh-out-loud moments that even got my mum chuckling, such as Karen sticking a 'K' on her chest in jewels that turns out backwards. This also has a handful of sexual references, such as "is your muffin buttered? would you like us to assign someone to butter your muffin?" All in all, this is a must see for everyone, young and old!
Parent of a 11 year old Written byPatty101 July 7, 2009

Great for mature tweens

Loved it but some iffy stuff
Written byAnonymous February 21, 2013

Classic!

Cady learns a good lesson at the end of the movie, but it takes a while to get there. Members of the "Plastics", a mean-girl popular clique, are shallow. However, this movie has become a rite of passage for teens and a constant go-to classic for high school. It's HILARIOUS and has tons of hilarious quotes. Do your kid a favor and let them watch it.
Parent Written bylovemonkeys November 17, 2012

innapropriate

i would never let any child under 15 watch this i saw this with my 14 year old and this movie has a lot of things that no parent would want their child watching my 14 year old wanted to see this and she is my oldest kid i knew this would be innapropriate cause it is rated pg 13 i did not need my other kids seeing so i agreed to let her watch when my younger kids went to the movie theatre i watched with her and it was very innapropriate my 14 year old is mature so i let her watch it but i wish i hadn't
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Realistic, hilarious, but sometimes mature movie for older tweens and up.

Mean Girls tells the story of Cady Heron (Lindsay Lohan), a girl who's been homeschooled in Africa since she was 4, and is going to an American public high school for her junior year. On her second day, she makes friends with a gothic girl (Lizzy Caplan) and a gay boy (Daniel Franzese). But on her third day, three popular girls (Rachel McAdams, Lacey Chabert, and Amanda Seyfried) known as the Plastics, invite Cady to eat lunch with them. The gothic girl, Janice, hates the leader of the group, Regina, so after Regina humiliates Cady at a Halloween party, she recruits Cady to spend more time with the Plastics and try to take down Regina. But the more time she spends with the Plastics, the more of a "mean girl" she becomes. Eventually, when the whole school turns against her, she has to set things right. There is strong sexual content for a PG-13, including a lesbian couple kissing at a party and a few perverts who want to "butter muffins" and see girls in the nude. The language isn't too bad: one use each of "hell" and "effing", and several uses of "bitch", "slut", "ass", "crap", and "damn". Two instances of teen partying, including one where Cady drinks to the point where she vomits.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrimTheDemigod April 2, 2015

Fabulous Movie

I swear to God, this is the best movie I have ever seen. Although it does include quite a lot of swearing and sex, it's still an incredible movie that I totally recommend {its on Netflix} and Janis Ian is amazing.