All member reviews for Mean Girls

Mature but often-hilarious teen comedy.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygabilovesyouhh February 7, 2010

i lvoe this movie, but it would be awkward to watch it with family.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypopstar1049 May 15, 2010

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! it's one that will really make you laugh! There's a few iffy stuff in it, I would say it's good for pre-teens and teens. It sends out a mesage saying popularity is not everything and how gossiping hurts. I would rate it 5 stars! :-)
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpeedy1108 December 14, 2009

Good Movie

I think it was a funny movie.. Idk what everybody else thinks but this is something that younger teens like... and they dont like to be treated like a baby and have to watch G rated films.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

YUK!!!

Trash mouth...nasty girls with absolutely stupid adults. Sex is the number one topic and it is pushed to the limit. It is terrible to be a nice girl...and to be a virgin is unacceptable. Just an awful waste of time and money.
Adult Written byPollyRoger April 9, 2008

Over hyped teen movie

Once again, commonsensemedia over exaggerates. The language is strong, yes, but not for a PG-13. There are no f-words in the movie. Also, there's was a lot of suggestive dialogue in the movie, and a few sexual scenes, but no scenes actually depicting sex. It should not have had an R-rating. PG-13 is appropriate. However, I think it's disgusting that there are 11 and 12 year olds who have seen this. Even though I think the rating is appropriate, I wouldn't have let a 13 year old watch this either. It's probably best for 15+. I saw this with my best friend when I was 15, almost 16. I would never have watched it with my mother. I watch a lot of suggestive things with my younger sister, who is 12 (and watches things like Friends regularly) , but I would never have let her see this. And to all of the kids whose parents won't let them see this: Don't feel bad. You're not missing much. Rachel McAdams is the only actress in this worth watching, and the whole movie reminds me of why I hated high school. All in all, for your average 15-17 year old, this would probably be a fun movie to see with friends, NOT a younger sibling or parent.
Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

not for any children.

I absolutely hated this film. It is not appropriate for children. A lot of sexual themes in this one. But OK for someone over 16 I think. I saw it when I was about 12 (?) and was quite shocked.
Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written bymoviemum July 10, 2009

FUNNY! for adults..

This is a very funny movie if you're over 15. Younger kids won't get all of it and Most of the content just isn't appropriate.
Parent of a 14 and 16 year old Written bystayathomemom45 March 2, 2009

Great teen movie!

My 15 year old son watched this movie with his 16 year old sister, and all of their friends from high school, and they were laughing so ahrd i had to shut the basement door! Mean Girls tells the story of a homeschooled teenage girl who tries to make it through public high school. As everyone knows must homeschooled teens are socially intept, so it takes the main charatcer a lot more knowledge of the five biggest things in public high school - sex, fitting in, boys, girls, and humiliation! This movie was very funny! Most parents are offended by the bullying, and humiliation teens are exposed to i the movie, but come on! Thats what schools all about! The movie is real, and deals with real stuff public schooled teens do! Parents need to step asside and let their teens decide whats right for them to watch! The movie also deliveres a good message! 4 Stars!
Parent Written byBishop Loves Gir October 3, 2011

Great movie about being yourself.

this movie expresses be yourself and the popular crowd isnt everything,this movie is great and i love it!i watched it 3 times in one day.i hope you will love it too
Parent of a 13 year old Written byroyalblue246 August 7, 2010

A great movie with a lesson to be learned

This movie is not as bad a reviews crack it up to be. When watching this chick flick I actualy observed a good life lesson
Parent of a 5, 11, 11, and 14 year old Written byThe Random Reviewer August 21, 2010

Perfect for kids over 7

i love it it taught my 5 year old to not go into peeer pressure but because of the language i would wait for a little more yearrs
Teen, 13 years old Written bycullenlovato81396 May 16, 2010

Kid, 12 years old August 12, 2010

Mean Girls Reviewed

Mean Girls is quite the movie! It has a good message of popularity. Having Tina Fey scripting the movie was nice to see. Though there are some inappropriate parts, especially what Regina says as she is getting hit by the bus, this movie has a good feel, hilarious script and a few aha! moments. Very good movie.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byPatty101 July 7, 2009

Great for mature tweens

Loved it but some iffy stuff
Adult Written byMom_and_Son February 10, 2009

Funny, Moderately perverted at times, but LOL FUNNY!!!

This movie stars Lindsey Lohan and SNL star Tina Fey. It has a good message in the end but lots of High School potty mouth. Comic violence, language, and suggestive content are moderate but mature 8th graders and up shouldn't have a problem. I suggest watching it when it comes on ABC family so that most of the stuff is edited! Still made me LOL the whole time!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysoccergirly567 April 9, 2008

very cliche.

When I first watched this movie I laughed, a LOT! It was overall a good movie, but some parts were really stupid. It's the typical" trying to fit in by getting a hot guy" chick flick. Very cliche. Anyways; I found it wasn't actually that bad of a movie, once you watch it a few times. Overall, 4 stars!
Parent Written bylovemonkeys November 17, 2012

innapropriate

i would never let any child under 15 watch this i saw this with my 14 year old and this movie has a lot of things that no parent would want their child watching my 14 year old wanted to see this and she is my oldest kid i knew this would be innapropriate cause it is rated pg 13 i did not need my other kids seeing so i agreed to let her watch when my younger kids went to the movie theatre i watched with her and it was very innapropriate my 14 year old is mature so i let her watch it but i wish i hadn't
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2011

Some language, sexual innuendo, mature 11 year olds and up

I thought this film was pretty good. There was some language with multiple uses of b--ch, sl-t and wh--e. Some sexual innuendo. The "Plastics" are bad role models and send bad messages whereas the people trying to prove popularity isn't everything are good role models and send positive messages.
Adult Written byerinkellycleo June 3, 2010

A Great Comedy Won't Disappoint

OMG so funny but would not reaccomend for tweeners under To Much (IFFY) stuff LOL GOOD FOR ABOUT 12 UP
Teen, 13 years old Written byBookLover2 April 11, 2010

SOOOOOO FUNNY!

This is the best movie I have ever seen! And I laughed soooo hard. My friends and I refer to the jokes all the time and we watch it ever time we have a sleepover.