All teen and kid member reviews for Mean Girls

Teen, 13 years old Written bygabilovesyouhh February 7, 2010

i lvoe this movie, but it would be awkward to watch it with family.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpeedy1108 December 14, 2009

Good Movie

I think it was a funny movie.. Idk what everybody else thinks but this is something that younger teens like... and they dont like to be treated like a baby and have to watch G rated films.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypopstar1049 May 15, 2010

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! it's one that will really make you laugh! There's a few iffy stuff in it, I would say it's good for pre-teens and teens. It sends out a mesage saying popularity is not everything and how gossiping hurts. I would rate it 5 stars! :-)
Teen, 17 years old Written bymovieviewer101 May 19, 2012

Fantastic!

I watched Mean Girls when it first came out on DVD; I was just ten years old. My mom knew it was a bit much for my age (some of the jokes were above my head), but she watched it with me anyways. Throughout middle school (when my peers began to watch it) and high school(when even the football team can quote it) Mean Girls has been my go-to movie. It is hilarious! Although it has plenty of crude humor it does not endorse bad behavior, instead it satirizes it. The main character, Cady, is an excellent role model. Yes, she makes bad decisions, but ultimately she and her peers learn the importance of being kind and true. The negative aspects of the movie (sex, drinking, bitchy behavior) are truly positive ones, for they teach girls how NOT to behave. This movie is excellent for mature 6th graders, and is a must-see for 7th graders and beyond. It is cruel to forbid your child from watching this gem of a cult comedy. Please moms, let your girls watch and learn from it... maybe you can learn too.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycullenlovato81396 May 16, 2010

Kid, 12 years old August 12, 2010

Mean Girls Reviewed

Mean Girls is quite the movie! It has a good message of popularity. Having Tina Fey scripting the movie was nice to see. Though there are some inappropriate parts, especially what Regina says as she is getting hit by the bus, this movie has a good feel, hilarious script and a few aha! moments. Very good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBookLover2 April 11, 2010

SOOOOOO FUNNY!

This is the best movie I have ever seen! And I laughed soooo hard. My friends and I refer to the jokes all the time and we watch it ever time we have a sleepover.
Kid, 12 years old April 6, 2010

Fantastic for girls and boys alike!

This film provides so many laugh-out-loud moments that even got my mum chuckling, such as Karen sticking a 'K' on her chest in jewels that turns out backwards. This also has a handful of sexual references, such as "is your muffin buttered? would you like us to assign someone to butter your muffin?" All in all, this is a must see for everyone, young and old!
Kid, 11 years old November 21, 2009

Mean girls are good!

the language isn't that bad, they use words like s-ut, b--ch, h-o, wh-re, ska-k, and f-gly. It is very funny though.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysoccergirly567 April 9, 2008

very cliche.

When I first watched this movie I laughed, a LOT! It was overall a good movie, but some parts were really stupid. It's the typical" trying to fit in by getting a hot guy" chick flick. Very cliche. Anyways; I found it wasn't actually that bad of a movie, once you watch it a few times. Overall, 4 stars!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrimTheDemigod April 2, 2015

Fabulous Movie

I swear to God, this is the best movie I have ever seen. Although it does include quite a lot of swearing and sex, it's still an incredible movie that I totally recommend {its on Netflix} and Janis Ian is amazing.
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2011

Some language, sexual innuendo, mature 11 year olds and up

I thought this film was pretty good. There was some language with multiple uses of b--ch, sl-t and wh--e. Some sexual innuendo. The "Plastics" are bad role models and send bad messages whereas the people trying to prove popularity isn't everything are good role models and send positive messages.
Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2010

LOL movie

its a good and really funny movie but there is a LOT of iffy stuff for people my age but it is a LOL movie
Teen, 15 years old Written bymardoggie2013 April 6, 2010

Title is a tad bit misleading.

It has good messages, just lots of iffy stuff for young ones.
Kid, 12 years old December 8, 2009

Teen, 17 years old Written bytinaangel17 May 17, 2009

Hilarious

This is one of my favorite movies! They did a good job on exaggerating the issues of cliques and drama in high school resulting in an extremely funny film! I recommend for 14+ however, because there is some iffy content intended for mature viewers such as innuendos, sexuality, and underage drinking.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancingbubble38 April 13, 2015

great movie

It was a really good movie. It did have some mature material for a pg-13 movie, and the language was pretty mean and bad, but it did have a be yourself message.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytumblrchic22 April 6, 2015

Amazing Movie

I spent the whole day watching Mean Girls over and over again. When i was watching it there was some mature parts but if your daughter understands the movie without any question than your eleven year old could watch it
Teen, 13 years old Written bymisumi April 4, 2015

one of the best teen flicks

Has sex references and also offensive language. This is also funny and has some great messages though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiAmJoanne February 14, 2015

Don't hesitate to watch it!

It is so hilarious! There are some high-school/cultural/female/teenage stereotypes, but that just adds to the humour. I love the acting, especially Rachel McAdams acting as the Queen Bee - she was even able to convey arrogance while being polite! Mean Girls may be awkward to sit through with your family... it is more of a film for teenagers to laugh about and relate to (older people may keep asking the meaning of some swear words/phrases...). Go watch it - it is a staple that teenage girls should never miss!