All member reviews for Meet Me in St. Louis

One of the most loving of all movie families.

Parent Written byLooking4BestMedia July 7, 2014

Outdated Movie has Lost Any Charm

While many think this movie to be a classic and a must watch, I strongly disagree. The female roles are very outdated and the women are so dependent on having a man or marriage in order to have a fulfilling or even satisfactory life. The music wasn't as impressive or engaging as I had hoped. The most interesting part of the movie is also one that might want parents of very young children to skip which is the Halloween night scene. We never knew how different the customs of Halloween were back then (1903), and clearly having kids talk of "killing" their neighbors (by throwing flour at them) and burning some of the neighbors possessions in the street was outright bizarre. We've come a long way from the customs in this movie, and nostalgic value or not, it's time to let this movie go and not recommend it as a "must see" or highly recommended as Common Sense reviewed it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZoelopez December 31, 2013

Meet Me In St.louis is a classic

Meet Me in St.Louis is a classic that the whole family will enjoy. It features beautiful songs that are so wonderful to hear. It has beautiful costumes too. The little girl in the movie is so cute and funny. Judy is so spunky, I love how she pretends like she wants the guy to help her with the candles because she's ''scared'' but really she just wants to spend some time with him. Kids will be able to relate to the characters because the movie's about the main family moving to New York City but the kids don't want to leave St.Louis, that's something kids can relate too. There's also a lady who's waiting for her boyfriend to propose to her which is something ladies can relate to. It's a charming movie and the characters melt your heart.
Kid, 12 years old November 21, 2012

A heart warming classic, for every age!

great family movie, that you can't go wrong with! Kids of every age will love the music,dancing and heart warming story!
Teen, 13 years old Written byActressofHapiness August 2, 2012

Meet Me in St. Louis

I went to watch this movie in a theater with my seven-year-old sister. She loved it, and so did I. Judy Garland is wonderful as Esther. But I liked Margeret O'Brien best. She made almost all of the audience laugh. Its on for Seven and up, and Know Your Child for Three and Up.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviefan115 May 2, 2012

See This Movie!

The songs are wonderful and the acting's fantastic, but my favorite part of it is that we see how the Smith family will always be there for one another. Note: None really, unless they're terrified of leaving home and Halloween.
Parent Written byhillview December 12, 2011

Good Family Movie but Some Bizarre and Outdated Plots

Mostly appropriate for younger audiences but the Halloween sequences were exceptionally scary and bizarre. This raised the most questions for our children and why it should be viewed by a slightly older child audience. The women roles are also dated and very passive (requiring a man to have worth in life almost).
Teen, 16 years old Written byLindsayphoto January 18, 2010

Meet Me in St. Louis

I really enjoy this movie (I love Judy Garland movies) but my sisters and brothers were so bored by this movie that 3 of them just went to bed. It's a cute light movie for the whole family (if they can stand it.) If you want a light, cute musical movie that is 100% clean or if you really like Judy Garland, then watch this. :D
Parent of a 9 year old Written byRobyns_Nomomie May 30, 2014

Great For Family Movie Night

Ties into the time period of the Samantha~ American girl books. Family friendly nothing suggestive, just a great Family Classic. Follows 1 year in the life of a Close knit family. Two older daughters (late teens early 20's) 1 son (late teens/early 20's) sweet young/first stories love is a good chunk of the story line, A girl around 10, and another girl around 5. The parents, family servant and Grandfather. The possibility of having to Move to New York from St Louis is another good chunk of the plot, and it is the year of the World Fair. Story ends on a happy note with the Family staying in their home town. Musical with great songs! Judy Garland and Margaret O'Brien steal the show.
Adult Written byclassicfilmlover39 November 19, 2012

One of my absolute favorites

I have loved this movie since I was about 4 or 5 years old. This is one of the happiest movies ever made, and it stars one of my favorite people in the world, Judy Garland. And my, she looks and sounds beautiful in the film. She was at her best. I've heard people say they enjoy watching this around Christmas, and I can see why. The song "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" was first introduced to the world in this film. If anyone were to introduce that classic, I'm glad it was Judy. All the other songs are magnificent, especially The Trolley Song! I've also always loved the Technicolor in this film. It's absolutely beautiful. This is such a fun, heartwarming, feel-good movie. Gather your family up around Christmas (or anytime, for that matter!) and watch this if you're looking for a good time.
Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byWife-mother-law... April 21, 2012

Christmas movie for the whole family

Our six year old was a bit lost and therefore a bit bored. But the 11 year old liked it. She was interested b/c of Judy Garland/Wizard of Oz even thought we had to pause and explain things a few times (why you couldn't go to the big Christmas Ball if you didn't have a tuxedo? what is a dance card?) Even so, there were some real high points -- fiesty Judy Garland beating up the boy next door when she thinks he has mistrested her little sister, Judy singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." A good Christmas time movie for families.
Teen, 14 years old Written byi heart reading December 30, 2010

a great classic

Meet me in Saint Louis is one of the classics you cant miss. you will be singing " zing zing zing went my heart strings" with Judy Garland in no time. This heart warming film about a loving family in 1903 will appeal to old and young.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bysmabadi April 11, 2009

Great movie for the whole family. I loved this movie maybe more than my kids did (2 boys), but they still enjoyed it.