All member reviews for Meet the Robinsons

Clever but sometimes scary time-travel adventure.

Adult Written byhockey mommy April 9, 2008

Great Family Movie with a Great Message

We took our 7 year old to see this movie in 3D -- great fun! The movie had a wonderfully fun beginning, however the story became a bit confusing in the middle. The end of the movie was brilliant, tying up all the loose ends. My 7 year old understood the entire concept of the movie. This was a wonderful movie to see as a family, as there were no language issues other than typical playground talk. The animation was beautiful, and the movie's message was a good one..."keep moving forward" and it stressed the importance of family - unusual for today's Hollywood movies. I highly recommend this movie for all ages. However, children under age 5 may not understand the movie's message.
Adult Written bylndevine April 9, 2008

What a waste of Money and Talent....Boring!

It is a shame that so much talent and money went to waste on a movie with such a bad story. The Art Direction in this film is great, but the story is convoluted and muddled. And the villain was much too tragic and dark for any child under the age of 6. Disney should have put some money into writers....They are thanking their lucky stars that they have Pixar back....
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

one of the best movies ever!

I loved Meet the Robinsons it was really funny!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written bybaby angel April 9, 2008

i laughed

i thought the movie was the best i have seem yet. i whant to see it again becouse i only saw it once. but it was still the best. i laughed so much. i loved it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

AWESOME, CLEAN, and CLEVER!!!

The first half of the movie I was thinking "What a random, bizarre, stupid Disney flick." Then the second half blows your mind. It was AWESOME!!! It is incredibly clever and totally family-friendly! A Disney classic!

Comedy/Adventure for Elementary Kids and Family

This movie was hilarious!!! The villian has a little pink pony notebook, and I'm sure you've heard, 'I have a big head, and little arms.' This movie will be a disney classic in a snap. Every body from 2+ will love this!!! It does get a little violent and scary. A T-rex (who is later they're pet) attacks the family and puts Lewis in his mouth but Wilbur saves him. And Doris the hat rules the world at the end and everybody are clones and chase Wilbur!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byk.nichole April 9, 2008

ummm about this movie

this movie was okay not the best movie in the world but then again im an adult... i think it had a good story line too it and it was very interesting the future stufff... but i think the besdt part was the4 dinosaur there should have been more funny stuff to keep the watchers attention.... It could have been better... its not what i expected =)
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek222 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byKCMom April 9, 2008

Abandoned isn't orphaned

As mother to an adopted child, I find films like this unsettling. I would not recommend it for younger adopted children. The orphanage model -- wherein a parade of prospective parents interview potential children who were abandoned by their birth parents -- makes it appear that children with winning personalities get to be loved. The rest grow up lonely. While there are pick-a-child orphanages in some parts of the world, here in the US we have a quite different system. When these plots (Oliver, Little Orphan Annie) are set in other times, one can explain it away, but set in today's age? No. Plus our young hero is not even an orphan; his obsession it to find his birthmother and claim the love he's been denied. While the plot has many charms, the film's beautifully made and the creative talent is top-notch, it's always hard on my family to have school friends start telling my kids you "came from an orphanage" and that "your mother didn't want you" when that is not at all the case. And for kids where it actually IS the case, it's even harder. I regret that Hollywood isn't more sensitive to the impact of this message on impressionable children.
Adult Written byTonitonetony April 9, 2008

One of the latest greatest family movies

I loved this movie. My husband and I viewed it with our 3,5, and 7 year old children. It was a very nicely made family movie with a great theme that family should stick together and should protect each other. It is great to see a movie geared for children that is G rated free of language, sexual inuendos, and violence. In addition, not having to explain inappropriate material to the kids. I look forward to a Meet the Robinsons 2.
Adult Written bycasongbird April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymicaramore April 9, 2008

Slow-Slower-Awesome Ending

This movie had great graphics, it was fun, and had some great comedic moments (dinasour and frog who were being manipulated by the creepy boler guy). However it was a little hard for my 7 year old to follow in the middle and it was rather slow. The ending however was real great and wrapped up the whole story in a nutshell. My 14 year old daughter whom we adopted when she was 13 identified with the movie. It is hard for teenagers to be adopted, and if you are different(smart)people make fun of you. But she realized that it doesn't matter who gave you birth, it matters who raises you..you become what you can be with who you are, it's not given to you at birth and you're stuck with it. The movie had meaning :)
Teen, 16 years old Written bymho19 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byms_linda April 9, 2008

Great

My kids, 5 and 6, loved it!!!!

Adult Written byTerrie April 9, 2008

Adult Written byscpearls April 9, 2008

If it kept my kids attention it will keep anyones

My 41/2 yr old son had been wanting to watch this movie since seeing the commercial with the T-Rex saying "I have a big head and little arms" so as a reward for being good all week in his 4K class we took him and his 2yr old brother to see it last weekend. Not only did it captivate my 41/2 yr old who loved it, it also held the attention of my 2 yr old and that is hard to do. Although most of the really funny stuff was shown on the commercials, I found this movie interesting, funny and touching (I cried at the beginning and end). This movie was great and I want to thank Disney/Pixar for another great movie. We loved CARS and The Incredibles also.
Adult Written byluvmyboys April 9, 2008

Interesting concept

A fun movie with a great story/message. Kids and parents all enjoyed it!
Adult Written bykjs213 April 9, 2008

Wow!

About time a kid's movie is released with near zero objectionable content! While I realize that a lot of adults like a little something for them in it (innuendo, jokes that go over the heads of most younger children, etc), I, for one, think it is refreshing to see a kid's movie who's sole purpose is to entertain and uplift a child. (When I want a movie for me, I'll go see one for me, sans children) Teens with "mature" tastes and adults may not care for kiddie nature of this movie, but I AM IMPRESSED!