All teen and kid member reviews for Megamind

Kid, 10 years old December 21, 2010

Cute movie!

This was an awesome movie! I really loved and wouldn't mind seeing it again. It's animated and fun and shows teamwork, although it also depicts that what's the point of being bad when you can be good? Make sure to discuss this with younger kids before watching it. There is one very long kissing scene, but in the end it has a Disney-happy ending and all is well. Even interests and cracks up adults.
Kid, 11 years old July 24, 2012

Awesome Movie!!! REALLY Underrated!

This is one of the funniest animated movies ever made. When I first watched it, I laughed so hard my soda almost came up my nose. There are jokes for everyone in the family, with a lot of stuff that will go over younger kid's heads. All of the characters are wonderful and some of them, such as Roxanne Richie and Megamind (When he's not being "evil"), are good role models too. The movies has positive messages about what makes people 'good' or 'evil' and how when there's evil in the world, there will be good to stop it. There are tons of great quotes too, and my family could probably fill up a book of them. There are some relatively scary bits though, which make it a little too much for kids 6 and under. At the beginning of the film, there's a big explosion. The character Hal is obsessed with Roxanne, the main female character, and when she rejects him even once he's a superhero, he becomes very violent and dangerous. After that scene, the film becomes much more violent. There's a lot of fighting, stuff blowing up, and mayhem in general, but it's an animated film, and there are always jokes to lighten the mood. I think this is the perfect film for kids 7 and older.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2013

Not good...

This movie disappointed me. It seemed like it was going to be great, when really, it was not that good.
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus May 23, 2012

Love it!

The animation is great. The characters are well made. It is very humorous and will have you laughing very often. There is a small dose of mild language, sex (flirting and kissing), and mild violence throughout (perfectly okay far a PG movie). I thought this movie was very similar to Monsters vs. Aliens. The animation was almost identical and one of the main characters looked a lot like a character from M vs. A.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 March 25, 2012

sequel?

some quite intesne action, including explosions, guns, lots of super powered fights, and a scene where t appears a character has died (a skeleton is shown)
Kid, 10 years old May 23, 2015

used to be my best

megamind is an awesome movie that used to my favorite for a long time although megamind attempts to torture roxy he fails and is a hilarious failure lololololololol
Kid, 10 years old December 21, 2014

some scary scenes

My dad brought me this film about 3 years ago and I enjoyed but there are some scary scenes like when Megamind kills one of his rivals a skeleton lands on his face
Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2014

Great, but a tiny bit of swearing and very mild battle violence

The story is about a super villain who defeats the superhero, but finds that being evil is no fun without good to fight against, so he uses some of the dead superhero's DNA to create another hero to fight - who turns evil! Megamind (the main character) has the weakness of this news reporter, Roxand Richie, who may convince him to fight against evil after all! there are some mildly epic battle scenes which may scare very young children and includes some kissing. there is one or two spots where it says the word fr - - - ing. Also, a character states that the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny don't exist (as well as the queen of England...har har!).
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheBombFunn August 9, 2013

Good when I first saw it, but so-so now...

When I got the movie on DVD in 2011, I loved it. It like, totally blew my mind! But now looking back at it, it's not too good, not terrible. There's some action that might be too intense for the youngest viewers and younger children might get upset that the movie states the tooth fairy and easter bunny aren't real, but tweens already know that. Other than that, it's fine...
Teen, 15 years old Written byLordoftheRings1997 July 26, 2013

Perfect Pick for the Family!

Wow, for once a family friendly Dream Works movie. After Madagascar and Ice Age, I was losing hope for Dream Works, until my mom found this gem! Squeaky clean (except for one use of the "b-u-t-t" word), funny, and full of powerful messages about our callings and that even the worst person can change! I found this movie absolutely delightful, and my four younger siblings LOVED IT! The youngest was 3, and handled it well! I laughed, I even felt like crying a few times, and the whole film I was rooting on this bad guy who desperately wants to find a purpose in life. MegaMind tries to fill the void inside with power and wealth and all that, but in the end, he realizes that hurting others only makes the hole worse. In the end, he chooses to protect the city, and the woman he loves! Great for the whole family!
Teen, 15 years old Written byskeletonslife441 July 5, 2013

I liked this film, it had a perfect script.

Megamind is a good film that I remember seeing in theaters I would give 4 stars and and age of 4/5.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTVwatcher001 July 1, 2013

Not funny, not scarry

It's not really funny. It's also not scarry, so it's for children between 6 and maybe 10...
Kid, 9 years old January 11, 2013

Great choice for a kids' Birthday!

There were definitely a couple intense scenes. Language: "crap" Sex: A couple falls and love, and almost constant flirting. Violence: look at the main review.
Teen, 15 years old Written byArpy November 23, 2012

Completely Funny

Mostly just a hilarious laugh all the way through, it has a superb script and wonderful voice acting. The animation is also fun, and for the Machiavellian, there is a sort of fascination in Megamind's professional villainy. Roxanne is a good role model, and eventual, despite being a villain, Megamind saves the day, showing that bad people can change. It is fine for younger kids except for the fact that they might like the villain just a bit too much.
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd November 17, 2012

watch the incredibles instead

if it weren`t for those stupid ac\dc songs i would have given it a higher score
Kid, 7 years old November 10, 2012

Very funny

I love the movie Megamind it's funny and funny and also funny.
Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2012

teen

this movie is fine for boy teens
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2012

five stars!

Megamond is an excellent story that your family will enjoy time and time again! Um, however, you should know that a lot of the movie involves the main character trying to gain the love of a girl. So if your children haven't been exposed to guys fighting over girls (mildly of course) then you may want to watch it first or explain to them that in the movies the guy always wants the girl. Its not that bad though, it's cute how they do it. The only bad words I caught were crap and I think the d word but I'm not sure
Kid, 12 years old March 19, 2012

info on a movies family friendliness

it is a very funny movie but it kinda makes it look like the bad guy is good and it has some violence.
Kid, 11 years old March 14, 2012

really good

look at the title, and behold my review