All member reviews for Men in Black

Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2012

Good Movie!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. June 22, 2012

Very funny movie.

This movie always scared me when I was a kid but know that I rewatched it and am old enough to understand it, and can handle the gross out moments (like a creature in the begining being blown up and his blue guts and goo are splatered all over the place.) I really enjoyed it.but it can be scary to younger kids.
Kid, 9 years old June 15, 2012

MEN IN BLACK

A great sci-fi Will Smith vs. alien movie.
Kid, 10 years old May 27, 2012

Overall, great

This film is a must-see, but if you have kids who are 9 or under you should take precautions. There is very mild language, like d*mn, and the film is pretty good. Overall, great.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykelsall May 22, 2012

chris kelsall

with the film being a SYFI film i think that the film men in black is enjoyable to all ages, and to me ths film is five star rating, with my favourite actor Will Smith playing agent J. The start of the is very simple with will smith is part of the LAPD and is chasing an alien that has commited a crime and then will smith discovered he is an alien, then the alien jumps of the side of a building. please write a comment about my thoughts and feelings about the men in black
Kid, 10 years old April 4, 2012

A nine year olds view

Language 2/5. words such as,''D a m n" "S h * * "Hell" Violence: 3/5 Gore: Alien explodes upon impact of laser. Unrealistic 2/5 blood: Some characters have scars. Sexual content: Some minor flirting Educational: They have to work together to defeat the rebel aliens. THE END!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 February 15, 2012

Good Sci-Fi movie

I watched it a while ago, and I liked it! There's plenty of violence, though (there's fighting), and the aliens could be scary-looking. I don't remember much language, but there was some.
Kid, 8 years old January 19, 2012

okay review

good movie some cussing your kids may ask what does this word mean and it is a bad word and i would say 10+
Kid, 12 years old December 25, 2011

great

great movie
Kid, 12 years old October 25, 2010

more funny than scary:)

pretty good but aliens are hilarious. except one part, the woman pointed down, and he thought she was pointing "yiu know where". overall pretty good movie!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bylivyjedi August 6, 2009

Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2009

ZOMG really funny!

I laughed alot while watching this. The only violence was this one part where he blew up this alien. My mom didnt like the converstion between Agent J & that lady at the mourge.

Weak Story line but Good Effects make movie probably OK for ages 12 and up.

Men in Black earns its PG-13 rating. It is very frightening (if your child scares easily, tell them no or be up at night for a week), and when it isn't frightening it's violent. When it's not violent the characters are cursing. This makes the movie innapropriate for anyone under 12, and if your 12 year old scares easily you might want to raise that age to 13. The movie follows a creative idea, but the story line is relatively weak. It is almost made up by good special effects and admirable acting by Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith, but the blemish still shows. Amazon.com called this an essential viedo, and I agree that you should definently see it once. Whether it's worth more than that, that's up to you.

Great Film but the language is bad

Hey, this is a great film and would be a family one too if not for the language. I think it should be 10+ people who watch this. There is a constant barrage of language by Will Smith. But, the great theme and comedy aspect just pushes that small problem out of the way. (Anyone under 10 would be scared of it anyway =D)
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadow21 January 10, 2015

Gross out comedy doesn't disappoint!

I think this movie was great, except it was disgusting. Blood of all different colors, alien vomit, men with giant cockroaches inside them, gooey stuff, all in all, its disgusting. language is a bit of a problem though. There is a sex joke that most kids probably won't get( the demon is under the cart controlling her, and she's jerking her head to indicate it, but Agent J thinks she's pointing at her crouch and starts talking about how he'll "drive". Otherwise, 11+!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 5, 2014

Funny but campy movie is too scary for young kids but fine for older tweens

My rating:PG-13 for comic sci-fi violence and action,crude sexual content,nudity and drug references
Kid, 11 years old October 15, 2014

Exciting and fun sci-fi action comedy

Some gross-out humour, a couple of uses of s**t and some mild violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIan_hga116 June 20, 2014

Suggested MPAA rating

Rated pg-13 for comic sci-fi violence throughout and some language.
Kid, 9 years old May 22, 2014

Too Sexy

There a gun and battling aliens and the music is sexy on the "nick" channel when it shows the trailer. Too sexy and violence!
Kid, 9 years old March 6, 2014

AWESOME!!!!

Really good not a lot of violence but I get PG-13 for language but seriously I think it should be PG