All member reviews for Men in Black

Lots of fun, but too scary for some kids.

Kid, 9 years old May 22, 2014

Too Sexy

There a gun and battling aliens and the music is sexy on the "nick" channel when it shows the trailer. Too sexy and violence!
Kid, 9 years old March 6, 2014

AWESOME!!!!

Really good not a lot of violence but I get PG-13 for language but seriously I think it should be PG
Kid, 10 years old February 3, 2014

Hmmmn...

I like this, I watched this when I was 9, I found it interesting but some bits were a bit scary.
Kid, 11 years old December 19, 2013

Good movie

I saw this when I was 5 I didn't get to see it all but I've seen it all now and it was good
Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2013

kids can handle it

good but some gore and swearing
Kid, 9 years old October 23, 2013

good

good but scary for small kids
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2013

Intended to be a Family Movie, but more of a teens comedy.

This movie was complained by critics: Too Violent, but that is not even a grain of truth. This movie has cartoonish violence, and is probably less violent than Despicable Me. It has explosions, ray guns, but that's not as bad as some movies? Language is a huge issue, "d--k", "s--t" and "p---k" are all mentioned. The aliens will be very scary for children under nine, but the language is probably appropriate for eleven year olds. It is very funny, but 11+
Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2013

Humor, action, and a great sci-fi story in MIB

The only problem with this film is that the humor gets old after the first time you see it. The visuals are good and so is the story. The violence is cartoonish but gory. There is tons of language but no f-words.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymusicforver July 2, 2013

Cool movie

Men in Black is a great, fun movie. There is a ton of swearing and a lot of moderate violence. It is fun for adults and younger kids. I'd recommend this to be off for 7 and under, not for kids 8-10 without a parent or guardian, iffy for 11 and ok for 12+.
Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2013

MIB

Sex: 3/10 Some sexual humor/dialouge. Language: 6/10 possible f-word, sh*t, b*tch, etc. Violence: 7/10 Lots of sci-fi violence with laser blasts, big guns, alien creatures, some gore. One graphic scene that is edging rated-R: A bug extermination vacuum-type hose is shoved down a man's throat, we see briefly his eyes roll back into his head, and green gas from the hose fly everywhere. Some alien gore, etc: an alien is shot, and his blue gooy blood flies everywhere, an alien's head is shot off, but grows back again. All on a PG-13 scale. Really good movie! Have tweens and teens watch it!
Kid, 10 years old January 26, 2013

men in black

if can see 2 and 3 it is ok . there is a real dog(so we think) and k shakes him all around obvesly the dog hates it (kids may to)
Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2013

A Great Sci Fi Comedy

This movie's funny and exiting. There's a lot of cartoonish violence. Also there's also a lot of swearing.. It's unpredictable. The 2 main characters are great role models. It's like Ghostbusters with aliens.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhomealonefan123 November 12, 2012

awesome movie. great for the whole family.

great family film. but has it's bad moments
Teen, 15 years old Written byWayward Girl October 4, 2012

WEIRD... but hilarious :)

Language, a few sexual jokes, gun fights, and disturbing aliens. That's all that might concern young viewers. Aside from that, this movie is insanely funny and... well, it's really just weird. A pleasant waste of time, it is. :)
Kid, 10 years old October 4, 2012

Really cool movie, consumerism, scariness, violence and language advisory.

This, is, my first review ever (at least on here). My younger sister watched this, but she had to cover her eyes on one bit. Expect lots of cartoon violence, scariness, and, slime. Language is so-so. There is some icky images. It centres on this cool police officer (Will Smith), in whom he meets this man (Tommy Lee Jones), then you know what. Cooooooool action, including a certain little scene (which I won't spoil, that it is so cool). Violence includes comic but dark violence, scary aliens. Language includes mild to moderate stuff. Average PG-13 fare. The consumerism, definitely. This movie spawned an animated series, two sequels (the 3rd movie I saw in cinemas (really cool) and only got through half of the 2nd), probably a novelisation, some apps (based on the franchise altogether), videogames, and, soundtracks, of course. You must (or at least should) watch this at least once. Really. Load of consumerism surrounding it. Please note: If you call things like 'Burger King' and 'McDonalds' consumerism, keep reading. The company (studio) logo at the start (Columbia Pictures, A Sony Pictures Entertainment Company), is, consumerism, as well. Pause for 10. Off for 8 and under. Super-cool. Some classic lines. Awesome. Anyway, overall, (comically), violent, a little bit profane, so, PG-13 should be appropriate. (I do know the MPAA but I'm really a downunder person). The ratings for me: G. - General. Examples: Bee Movie, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Space Chimps, WALL-E, etc. Supposed to be suitable for all audiences. Can contain very mild content. Equivalence: Your G and PG. PG. - Parental Guidance. - Parental guidance is recommended, especially for people (persons) under 15. Examples: The Simpsons Movie, Hairspray (2007), Men in Black II. Can contain mild content. Equivalent to (sometimes) your G, (commonly) your PG, and, (sometimes, again), PG-13. M. - Recommended for Mature Audiences. - Also M15+. - Recommended for mature audiences, 15 years and over, but not restricted. Examples: Men in Black (this movie), The Blues Brothers, Jaws, Poltergeist, Easy A, The House Bunny, and, Click. Equivalent to (sometimes) your PG (Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, Eragon, older Spielberg movies such as Jaws), (commonly) your PG-13, and, (sometimes, yet again), R. - May contain moderate content. MA15+. - Not suitable for people under 15 years. Persons under 15 must be accompanied by a parent or an adult guardian. - Similar to R (a little bit). This means, that, if you're under 15, you need to be accompanied by an adult at all times. If you're over 15, it's not so bad. You don't need the (two rows above), forementioned. Otherwise, (under 15s without guardians), this rating is RESTRICTED. It is a federal offence to not accompany an under 15 during an MA movie. They can charge you a LOT of MONEY. Examples: 127 Hours, Black Swan, Blade, The Punisher, and, Sin City. May contain STRONG content. Equivalent to (sometimes) PG-13, (and, all of the time), R. R18+. - RESTRICTED. - Restricted to 18 and over. Adults only. May contain HIGH IMPACT CONTENT. No one under 18 is allowed, what-so-ever. Equivalency: (most of the time), R, and, (sometimes), NC-17. - Examples: Fight Club, and, Chopper. Anyway, back to Men in Black, really, good, movie. Thank you for reading. MoviesAreAwesome.
Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2012

Good Movie!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. June 22, 2012

Very funny movie.

This movie always scared me when I was a kid but know that I rewatched it and am old enough to understand it, and can handle the gross out moments (like a creature in the begining being blown up and his blue guts and goo are splatered all over the place.) I really enjoyed it.but it can be scary to younger kids.
Kid, 9 years old June 15, 2012

MEN IN BLACK

A great sci-fi Will Smith vs. alien movie.
Adult Written byage 10+ May 27, 2012

Overrated Sci-Fi Comedy Is Ok

Parent Written byshanerocks May 25, 2012

A favorite of mine!

Great movie!! A lot of bad words but it's nothing older tweens can't handle! This is a favorite, i love it!