All member reviews for Men in Black

Lots of fun, but too scary for some kids.

Kid, 11 years old February 21, 2012

MIB

I think that it would be a bit scary for some kids but I loved it a lot it was one of the best films I have seen!!!
Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2010

People, people! Why hate on a funny and kid friendly show?

I saw this one, and it was hilarious! I really liked the alien disign and the whole idea of men in black. What I do not understand is why people think that it's too violent and gross! Anyone here watch superhero movies? Those are worse! I say this is kid friendly and a great film altogether.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCurley August 7, 2009

An exciting action movie that's great for older kids...

There was one awkward moment, but other than that it's a pretty good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhappyharry July 24, 2009

really funny. But they say even sh!t.And a little cartoon violence
Kid, 11 years old June 19, 2009

Teen, 15 years old Written byJoey123 April 29, 2009

Great movie, but...

This movie was really funny. I loved it! The only concerns are the language and one brief moment of innuendo. The language consists of one f-word, many s-words, and a smattering of most others.

This movie is really funny! I love it!
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

A SCARY MOVIE

MEN IN BLACK IS A LITTLE BIT SCARY..... EXPECILLY WITH THE COCROACH! NUMBER 2 I BET IS SCARIER!
Kid, 10 years old January 26, 2013

men in black

if can see 2 and 3 it is ok . there is a real dog(so we think) and k shakes him all around obvesly the dog hates it (kids may to)
Teen, 15 years old Written byWayward Girl October 4, 2012

WEIRD... but hilarious :)

Language, a few sexual jokes, gun fights, and disturbing aliens. That's all that might concern young viewers. Aside from that, this movie is insanely funny and... well, it's really just weird. A pleasant waste of time, it is. :)
Kid, 10 years old October 4, 2012

Really cool movie, consumerism, scariness, violence and language advisory.

This, is, my first review ever (at least on here). My younger sister watched this, but she had to cover her eyes on one bit. Expect lots of cartoon violence, scariness, and, slime. Language is so-so. There is some icky images. It centres on this cool police officer (Will Smith), in whom he meets this man (Tommy Lee Jones), then you know what. Cooooooool action, including a certain little scene (which I won't spoil, that it is so cool). Violence includes comic but dark violence, scary aliens. Language includes mild to moderate stuff. Average PG-13 fare. The consumerism, definitely. This movie spawned an animated series, two sequels (the 3rd movie I saw in cinemas (really cool) and only got through half of the 2nd), probably a novelisation, some apps (based on the franchise altogether), videogames, and, soundtracks, of course. You must (or at least should) watch this at least once. Really. Load of consumerism surrounding it. Please note: If you call things like 'Burger King' and 'McDonalds' consumerism, keep reading. The company (studio) logo at the start (Columbia Pictures, A Sony Pictures Entertainment Company), is, consumerism, as well. Pause for 10. Off for 8 and under. Super-cool. Some classic lines. Awesome. Anyway, overall, (comically), violent, a little bit profane, so, PG-13 should be appropriate. (I do know the MPAA but I'm really a downunder person). The ratings for me: G. - General. Examples: Bee Movie, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Space Chimps, WALL-E, etc. Supposed to be suitable for all audiences. Can contain very mild content. Equivalence: Your G and PG. PG. - Parental Guidance. - Parental guidance is recommended, especially for people (persons) under 15. Examples: The Simpsons Movie, Hairspray (2007), Men in Black II. Can contain mild content. Equivalent to (sometimes) your G, (commonly) your PG, and, (sometimes, again), PG-13. M. - Recommended for Mature Audiences. - Also M15+. - Recommended for mature audiences, 15 years and over, but not restricted. Examples: Men in Black (this movie), The Blues Brothers, Jaws, Poltergeist, Easy A, The House Bunny, and, Click. Equivalent to (sometimes) your PG (Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, Eragon, older Spielberg movies such as Jaws), (commonly) your PG-13, and, (sometimes, yet again), R. - May contain moderate content. MA15+. - Not suitable for people under 15 years. Persons under 15 must be accompanied by a parent or an adult guardian. - Similar to R (a little bit). This means, that, if you're under 15, you need to be accompanied by an adult at all times. If you're over 15, it's not so bad. You don't need the (two rows above), forementioned. Otherwise, (under 15s without guardians), this rating is RESTRICTED. It is a federal offence to not accompany an under 15 during an MA movie. They can charge you a LOT of MONEY. Examples: 127 Hours, Black Swan, Blade, The Punisher, and, Sin City. May contain STRONG content. Equivalent to (sometimes) PG-13, (and, all of the time), R. R18+. - RESTRICTED. - Restricted to 18 and over. Adults only. May contain HIGH IMPACT CONTENT. No one under 18 is allowed, what-so-ever. Equivalency: (most of the time), R, and, (sometimes), NC-17. - Examples: Fight Club, and, Chopper. Anyway, back to Men in Black, really, good, movie. Thank you for reading. MoviesAreAwesome.
Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2012

Good Movie!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. June 22, 2012

Very funny movie.

This movie always scared me when I was a kid but know that I rewatched it and am old enough to understand it, and can handle the gross out moments (like a creature in the begining being blown up and his blue guts and goo are splatered all over the place.) I really enjoyed it.but it can be scary to younger kids.
Kid, 9 years old June 15, 2012

MEN IN BLACK

A great sci-fi Will Smith vs. alien movie.
Kid, 10 years old May 27, 2012

Overall, great

This film is a must-see, but if you have kids who are 9 or under you should take precautions. There is very mild language, like d*mn, and the film is pretty good. Overall, great.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykelsall May 22, 2012

chris kelsall

with the film being a SYFI film i think that the film men in black is enjoyable to all ages, and to me ths film is five star rating, with my favourite actor Will Smith playing agent J. The start of the is very simple with will smith is part of the LAPD and is chasing an alien that has commited a crime and then will smith discovered he is an alien, then the alien jumps of the side of a building. please write a comment about my thoughts and feelings about the men in black
Kid, 10 years old April 4, 2012

A nine year olds view

Language 2/5. words such as,''D a m n" "S h * * "Hell" Violence: 3/5 Gore: Alien explodes upon impact of laser. Unrealistic 2/5 blood: Some characters have scars. Sexual content: Some minor flirting Educational: They have to work together to defeat the rebel aliens. THE END!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 February 15, 2012

Good Sci-Fi movie

I watched it a while ago, and I liked it! There's plenty of violence, though (there's fighting), and the aliens could be scary-looking. I don't remember much language, but there was some.
Kid, 8 years old January 19, 2012

okay review

good movie some cussing your kids may ask what does this word mean and it is a bad word and i would say 10+
Kid, 12 years old December 25, 2011