All member reviews for Men in Black

Lots of fun, but too scary for some kids.

Adult Written byage 10+ May 27, 2012

Overrated Sci-Fi Comedy Is Ok

Parent Written byshanerocks May 25, 2012

A favorite of mine!

Great movie!! A lot of bad words but it's nothing older tweens can't handle! This is a favorite, i love it!
Kid, 10 years old May 22, 2012

I am ten years old, and I thought it was great. I would not recommended it for someone under 7 years old or is frightened easily. It is a great movie. But if they are a parent should watch it with them.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykelsall May 22, 2012

chris kelsall

with the film being a SYFI film i think that the film men in black is enjoyable to all ages, and to me ths film is five star rating, with my favourite actor Will Smith playing agent J. The start of the is very simple with will smith is part of the LAPD and is chasing an alien that has commited a crime and then will smith discovered he is an alien, then the alien jumps of the side of a building. please write a comment about my thoughts and feelings about the men in black
Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2012

Good movie that will give you a belly full of laughs.

This is a funny movie that is definitely worth 4/5 stars. There is some rude humor, but it's somewhat mild compared to movies like "Happy Gilmore" or "Weekend at Bernies" which have the same rating. I think that MPAA rated this movie PG-13 because of occasional bad language.What I liked about this movie is the interesting and fun idea about aliens disguised as people.I also liked how even at the most violent parts of the movie, it could still make me laugh. If I could rate this movie, my MPAA rating would be PG for language, and some brief crude humor.
Adult Written byJ0SH24 May 1, 2012

good review

there is a lot of use of d*mn and a few milder words but that about it for language. A lot of violence when one alien shoves a thorn/spear through another aliens neck. One time laurel asks Mr.White what she likes to do at night.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn April 7, 2012

Hilarious, 90's blockbuster favorite is still funny, still violent

Barry Levinson's first film in his soon to be trilogy (May 25, 2012, men In Black 3 swill be released, which is definitely one of my most anticipated movies for this summer) And I recently took the time to revisit both films, so here is the review for the first film. Men in Black works very well, mostly because of four big things: The excellent chemistry between main stars Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith, who give off plenty of good natured laughs and memorably goofy dialog exchanges, the special effects team who worked on the film that make the aliens look so believable, and finally, the script, which mixes self-aware satire and goofy sci-fi action together perfectly, making this almost relate able in the modern sense. Still, this film is Rated PG-13, and is not suitable for all young children: There is frequent gross-out sci-fi violence and gore, but all of it is very comical and unrealistic, but it still definitely could disturb some younger children, such as the sight of mutilated aliens and a particularly funny and memorable sequence with a lien character who get's decapitated several times, but than shows us that he also has the power to grow his head back into the exact place that it first previously was. Also, there is frequent but fairly average profanity, including several uses each of g-dd-mn, sh-t, a--h-le, d-mn, ass, crap, h-ll and more. So, that really is all there is too it to the film, but I think that there will always be a special spot reserved for this film, considering that it was one of the more memorable blockbusters to come out of the 1990's. Reccomended.
Kid, 10 years old April 4, 2012

A nine year olds view

Language 2/5. words such as,''D a m n" "S h * * "Hell" Violence: 3/5 Gore: Alien explodes upon impact of laser. Unrealistic 2/5 blood: Some characters have scars. Sexual content: Some minor flirting Educational: They have to work together to defeat the rebel aliens. THE END!
Kid, 11 years old February 21, 2012

MIB

I think that it would be a bit scary for some kids but I loved it a lot it was one of the best films I have seen!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 February 15, 2012

Good Sci-Fi movie

I watched it a while ago, and I liked it! There's plenty of violence, though (there's fighting), and the aliens could be scary-looking. I don't remember much language, but there was some.
Kid, 12 years old December 25, 2011

great

great movie
Kid, 11 years old November 19, 2011

You know the 'diff 'tween you and me? I make this look good!

The violence is just played for slapstick; there's no blood. Language doesn't include the Fbomb--too bad they drop the S-bomb and use "d*mn" and say H-E-double hockey sticks. Guess you're gonna get a voice transplant after ROFLOLing for the whole movie!
Kid, 10 years old August 15, 2011

Good

Very good. Worth seeing-of course. But pretty scary at parts. Great job Speilburg!
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2011

Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are the perfect combination

Men in Black is a classic. While it may be very violent and has a few sexual sentences the movie is as action packed as it is funny.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 23, 2011

second one is better

many people said that the first was better than the second, well i disagre i like the second one better. it is way more funnier and there is less violence
Teen, 14 years old Written byfredn March 14, 2011

wierd but good
Parent of a 9 year old Written byCBeth February 13, 2011

Really fun sci-fi movie; tweens and up will enjoy but parents should decide what age

As sci-fi fans in general, we (parents & 9 year old) had a great time with this movie; it is quite clever and witty. It is irreverent in enjoyable ways and the characters are fun. Whether or not it is OK for your tween is really dependent on the kid. Ours gets a kick out of what is clearly silly and imaginative gore (blowing up alien bugs) and is quite able to distinguish between this and any "real" suffering (which he won't watch). There is a bit of "language," but again, our son knows that this is for the movies only. The sexual innuendo just went over his head. Overall, a terrific and imaginative movie -- enjoy!
Kid, 11 years old January 31, 2011

Good for most tweens!

Very funny movie, lots of cussing, some violent scenes but violence is unrealistic
Teen, 13 years old Written byHl2man January 22, 2011

Good for teens

A great, funny movie, but lots of cussing.
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2011