Lots of fun, but too scary for some kids.

Teen, 15 years old Written bykelsall May 22, 2012

chris kelsall

with the film being a SYFI film i think that the film men in black is enjoyable to all ages, and to me ths film is five star rating, with my favourite actor Will Smith playing agent J. The start of the is very simple with will smith is part of the LAPD and is chasing an alien that has commited a crime and then will smith discovered he is an alien, then the alien jumps of the side of a building. please write a comment about my thoughts and feelings about the men in black
Adult Written byJ0SH24 May 1, 2012

good review

there is a lot of use of d*mn and a few milder words but that about it for language. A lot of violence when one alien shoves a thorn/spear through another aliens neck. One time laurel asks Mr.White what she likes to do at night.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn April 7, 2012

Hilarious, 90's blockbuster favorite is still funny, still violent

Barry Levinson's first film in his soon to be trilogy (May 25, 2012, men In Black 3 swill be released, which is definitely one of my most anticipated movies for this summer) And I recently took the time to revisit both films, so here is the review for the first film. Men in Black works very well, mostly because of four big things: The excellent chemistry between main stars Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith, who give off plenty of good natured laughs and memorably goofy dialog exchanges, the special effects team who worked on the film that make the aliens look so believable, and finally, the script, which mixes self-aware satire and goofy sci-fi action together perfectly, making this almost relate able in the modern sense. Still, this film is Rated PG-13, and is not suitable for all young children: There is frequent gross-out sci-fi violence and gore, but all of it is very comical and unrealistic, but it still definitely could disturb some younger children, such as the sight of mutilated aliens and a particularly funny and memorable sequence with a lien character who get's decapitated several times, but than shows us that he also has the power to grow his head back into the exact place that it first previously was. Also, there is frequent but fairly average profanity, including several uses each of g-dd-mn, sh-t, a--h-le, d-mn, ass, crap, h-ll and more. So, that really is all there is too it to the film, but I think that there will always be a special spot reserved for this film, considering that it was one of the more memorable blockbusters to come out of the 1990's. Reccomended.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 February 15, 2012

Good Sci-Fi movie

I watched it a while ago, and I liked it! There's plenty of violence, though (there's fighting), and the aliens could be scary-looking. I don't remember much language, but there was some.
Kid, 11 years old November 19, 2011

You know the 'diff 'tween you and me? I make this look good!

The violence is just played for slapstick; there's no blood. Language doesn't include the Fbomb--too bad they drop the S-bomb and use "d*mn" and say H-E-double hockey sticks. Guess you're gonna get a voice transplant after ROFLOLing for the whole movie!
Kid, 10 years old August 15, 2011

Good

Very good. Worth seeing-of course. But pretty scary at parts. Great job Speilburg!
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2011

Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are the perfect combination

Men in Black is a classic. While it may be very violent and has a few sexual sentences the movie is as action packed as it is funny.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 23, 2011

second one is better

many people said that the first was better than the second, well i disagre i like the second one better. it is way more funnier and there is less violence
Teen, 14 years old Written byfredn March 14, 2011
wierd but good
Parent of a 9 year old Written byCBeth February 13, 2011

Really fun sci-fi movie; tweens and up will enjoy but parents should decide what age

As sci-fi fans in general, we (parents & 9 year old) had a great time with this movie; it is quite clever and witty. It is irreverent in enjoyable ways and the characters are fun. Whether or not it is OK for your tween is really dependent on the kid. Ours gets a kick out of what is clearly silly and imaginative gore (blowing up alien bugs) and is quite able to distinguish between this and any "real" suffering (which he won't watch). There is a bit of "language," but again, our son knows that this is for the movies only. The sexual innuendo just went over his head. Overall, a terrific and imaginative movie -- enjoy!
Kid, 11 years old January 31, 2011

Good for most tweens!

Very funny movie, lots of cussing, some violent scenes but violence is unrealistic
Teen, 13 years old Written byHl2man January 22, 2011

Good for teens

A great, funny movie, but lots of cussing.
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2011

Funny movie.

Kid, 10 years old December 31, 2010

too many swear words

i dont care what anybody says this film is soo funny. great acting by will smith
Kid, 9 years old December 19, 2010

Iffy for 9+

I heard many swear words like d--n, h--l, b--t--d, p--sed, crap, s--t, a-s, d--k, bulls--t, godd--n. There are aliens and violence through out the movie. It's good
Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2010

People, people! Why hate on a funny and kid friendly show?

I saw this one, and it was hilarious! I really liked the alien disign and the whole idea of men in black. What I do not understand is why people think that it's too violent and gross! Anyone here watch superhero movies? Those are worse! I say this is kid friendly and a great film altogether.
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2010

The Differentiation of Blockbuster Cinema

This movie wastes no time with any gratuitous pleasantries, meaning that it knows what it wants to be, what it wants to do, and what it eventually wants to accomplish. This film tries no more to be what it is not than President Obama when he "tries to destroy the American economy." Sequels, spin-offs, and the rest will never live up to this type of film-making because of the fact that it is immediately straying from what the original flick was supposed to be: a standalone, enjoyable cinematic amateurpiece of simple fun.
Kid, 10 years old December 30, 2009

great funny to.

love it funny to.
Kid, 10 years old November 1, 2009

Good movie but could scare younger kids

If you're not afraid of alien guts then you definately want to see this movie! There is some strong language, but nothing to bad. There is a little confusion of sexual talk between Jay and Laurel. I really liked this movie and I hope you will too!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovieslug August 8, 2009

overall good movie

it was a bit slow but a good plot some alien guts, guns, and alteration of peoples minds