All member reviews for Michael Jackson's This Is It

Concert film documents King of Pop's final labor of love.

Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2010

I loved it! It is also a great movie!

I think this movie was the best! It had Michael's hit songs and his epic dance moves! The only part that may frighten kids is the Thriller part, but nothing else can frighten kids... I sung to all of the songs and was literally dancing in my movie seat! I loved this move... :)
Parent Written byCooldee April 19, 2010

A great concert film for ages 11 and up.

Michael Jackson is not a child molestor! Leave him alone!
Adult Written byLowe's man January 6, 2014

a must for any Michael Jackson fan

Some kids think well into their teenage years that rock singers, rodeo cowboys, circus performers and other entertainers have jobs that are all just fun and games. Nothing could be further from the truth. This movie will show kids the hard work that people in such jobs must go through. This is particularly true for those who perform with such big stars as Michael Jackson, Bruce Springsteen, Madonna, Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood, as people expect more from them than they do from lesser known singers. Since this movie shows that Michael Jackson had some health problems in the months leading up to his death, his death will start to make some sense (although it will never make complete sense, especially when you consider that Dr. Conrad Murray (who's not mentioned in the movie) committed medical malpractice). While the star's death is not mentioned, viewers will be able to make connections. Obvious is Jackson's pride in his work and his desire to please his fans, which would've shown through on the tour had it been able to go on. With that he and his image would've made a comeback, to say nothing of the revenue which would've enabled Jackson to pay off his debts. His performances during rehearsal were undeniably good.
Kid, 11 years old June 18, 2013

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-!

This movie is great! Totally appropriate. The only questionable part is the the "Thriller" segment.
Kid, 11 years old May 22, 2012

Rest in Peace!

Great, appropriate for all ages! But it kind of makes me sad that Michael didn't earn anything from this, just Sony. And in the whole thing, they don't give as much respect as they should have.. to him.
Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2012

Captured The Magic

Michael Jackson`s This Is It is a documentary about Michael that really captures the magic that he had inside of him. The movie is one of the best flims I`ve have ever seen, but the thing is that there is some scary images. While the shooting of the making of Thiller there is some blood on the window that begins to spell ''Thiller''. There are zombies that may scare younger viewers and in Earth Song there is a very big machine that destroys the nature with a little girl stuggeling to save a plant. Some of the choreography that is kind of sexual to the crotch of moving it up and down and during the casting there are lots of people in tight clothing and are shirtless. That is why I said it was nine and up.
Kid, 12 years old October 2, 2011

michael jackson is soo last year and he is a child molester eww and he grabs his balls.
Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2011

musical

it was a very good documentary and a very good musical
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 24, 2011

Quite mature for a PG film, as a) most PG audiences will be bored to tears during any musical documentary (well, any documentary, for that matter!), and b) because there is a lot of suggestive content that is waay too strong for a PG (i.e. crotch-grab intensified and elongated into a two-minute-long dance move, among other things).

My rating: PG-13 for some sexual content and references involving extremely suggestive dancing/lyrics.
Kid, 10 years old April 15, 2011

He will live

One of the soon to be many tales of michael's life that had came to it's end sadly . This movie was amazing
Adult Written byRockybalboa211 February 20, 2011

Perfect film!

Michael is a role model! God bless his soul and God bless his children! Human Nature is the best!
Teen, 13 years old Written byasecoolish February 5, 2011

this movie is good and the whole family can watch .it just made everything more sad i was on the verge of tears hes the best musician ever./ you can watch with any one good for kids and adults.
Kid, 11 years old January 25, 2011

ANYONE CAN SEE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT ARE U SEROUIOUS ! YOU GOTTA BE TEN TO SEE THE MOVIE COME ON BOOTY IS NOT THAT BAD NO SEXUAL THEMES AND ITS A MOVIE ABOUT THE KING OF MUSIC !!!!!!!!!!!! COMMON SENCE DONT GO OVER BOARD OKAY !!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymasonlackey January 15, 2011

great documentary

this really shows how michael jackson life was like music wise
Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2010

GO MJ!!!

I love MJ. The movie was kinda boring because nothin was really happening. Now i never wanna see a behind-the-scenes thing again. same thing happens to me with documentries. i luv 2 see him dance and stuff, but i reather have the experience of him in person. i never got an inch close to him. wel really nobody has except family. but as i fan i never saw him in person. i so wish i did though.
Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2010

boreing as heck.

not intresting at all and is pretty stupid if you ask me and gets cool when the moon walk is being done.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygirl4natwolff September 20, 2010

YAWWWNNNNN

I saw, like, thirty seconds of this movie, and it was sooo boring!
Kid, 9 years old September 10, 2010

Iffy for kids 7+

I really liked it and it was good and it is a really good story about his final preparations for his final performance. His movements aren't really appropriate for younger children and parents might not like them.
Kid, 12 years old August 22, 2010

Awsome

I loved this movie! It was really touching and amazing. A must see for MJ fans! Im writing this while listening to MJs "Human Nature"!
Parent of a 9 year old Written byNellieO August 14, 2010

Wonderful for ALL ages....

Wow, what a fantastic look into an absolute GENIUS at work. My 9 year-old son is now a true Michael Jackson expert and huge fan. What a great role model for EVERYONE not just kids. Despite his enormous fame Michael Jackson had such humility and dealt with everyone around him with the utmost respect and gentility. Truely inspiring. What a huge loss :( For those who still harbor misconceptions about being a pedophile: YOU ARE WRONG. The proof is not there. Give it a rest already. It was a fabrication of 2 seperate families out for $$$ and the media who expoited the situation for profit. They certainly made a fortune off of portraying (magazines, TV shows etc) Michael Jackson as some sort of depraved freak. I am not sure how any of them can live with themselves....