All member reviews for Mirror Mirror

Visually appealing fairy tale lacks oomph but fine for kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byluv2shop2112 March 30, 2012

Classic Fairytale for the whole family!

This is a wonderful movie. A classic fairy tale but with a twist. This movie takes place from the queen's point of view :) It is a wonderful movie for the whole family to see. Snow White is a really good role model, showing how stealing is bad and how to give to the poor. Great Movie!
Parent of a 8 and 8 year old Written bymom2twins March 30, 2012

Upon reflection, it was pretty good

I've seen some of the mixed reviews of this movie, but I have to say that I and my 8-year-old daughters enjoyed this film. I'm always sensitive to the messages that a movie sends to girls, and I'm pleased that "Mirror Mirror" has a strong heroine, one who rises above adversity to become a wise leader. (The fact that she can hold her own in a sword fight is a plus.) I also was happy to see that there was a diverse cast (e.g. among the villagers and even with the "dwarves.") And while it may not be for all adults, the broad humor did elicit a fair amount of chuckles from the grown-ups with us in the theater.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 March 30, 2012

Good movie, but a few scary scenes

I went to see this movie for our school's AR field trip and it was really good. It has some potentially scary scenes, mainly towards the end, but nothing too bad for young kids. Plus, Snow White is a great role model, as she's nice, brave, and selflessly helps others. OK for kids 8+. Violence: Some small battles, including a scene towards the end where Snow White and the prince take on the queen's dragon, but nobody gets hurt. One scene shows evil marionettes trying to destroy Snow White and the dwarfs, but nobody is hurt. The dragon could be very frightening to younger kids. At the end, the queen tries to give Snow White a poisoned apple, but she doesn't eat it. Sex: Some sexual jokes that will probably go over kids' heads. One dwarf falls for Snow White and lightly flirts with her. The prince is shown shirtless twice, but nothing too graphic. The prince and Snow White kiss in some scenes. Drinking: Adult drinking at parties, but no excessive drinking.
Kid, 10 years old April 1, 2012

meh.

i thought it stunk.
Kid, 10 years old April 6, 2012

Wow

Some violence I would watch out! Some sexy scenes like when the prince slaps snow's bottom is v.ery inappropriate
Teen, 16 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 March 30, 2012

k

boring stupid slapstick humor sucks with unfunny humar and Juli Roberts charecter gets annoying, boring MOVIE
Kid, 10 years old April 5, 2012

good for the whole family

It was a good movie that the family might like. The thing is that it was a bit dull. Like how many movies have to be about fairy tale, but it was a enchanting movie.
Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written byTheReviewMom April 8, 2012

A Mom's Review

Just finished watching this. Educational value: Kids learn that beauty isn't everything, but this film was not directed to be educational. Positive Role Modelss: Snow White is courageous, while the queen is very greedy. Violence: A few sword fights- nothing too bad Sexy stuff: A few flirty jokes and a kiss at the end This movie was a bit boring for me, but my 10 year old and six year old were pretty entertained(though I had bought them popcorn!)
Parent of a 10, 11, and 13 year old Written bymjb1922 April 7, 2012

get a popcorn refill during the beauty treatment

The queen gets a revolting "beauty" treatment that involves bird poop, snakes, and a variety of bugs which are put on her or that she eats - we (my 11 year old daughter & I) could have lived without seeing that. Otherwise movie has some funny moments & we liked how Snow White stood up for herself, the poor townspeople and the dwarves.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStarry_Believer April 6, 2012

Good

It's good. Puts a twist on a classic fairytale.
Parent Written bymamagee April 12, 2012

Clean language and content, and enjoyable

I thought it was a wonderfully clever and entertaining movie. My husband and 2 other couples went to see it for a date, and we all really enjoyed it. Best of all, there wasn't a single curse word, or anything inappropriate--I'm so tired of movies that are intended for families, and have cursing in them. I'll never understand why most of the time, Hollywood throws curse words into movies, when it adds nothing to the story or entertainment. I was so pleasantly surprised.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhowrselover April 9, 2012

mostly good

My grandmother and I enjoyed it very much, although it annoyed me when the prince spanks Snow White. Other than that, it was great!
Educator and Parent of a 14 year old Written byProfessor Rebecca April 17, 2012

Snow White Grows Up: Bring it On!

This was a sweet remake of the original, with a twist. Snow White grows up into a very smart, justice oriented young woman. The prince is quite lovely to look at, though I doubt the younger audience will appreciate him as much as the moms might. The special effects were very good. Interesting conversations might include women's desire to be ageless - it is starting earlier and earlier with our children, including boys.
Parent Written byWish1774 April 29, 2012

A Mothers Review

Okay,so I just say this movie with my 7 year old daughter. We were watching the movie, which wasent half bad. There was some drinking, and at one point the prince slapped Snow Whites butt. My daughter didnt say anything, but it kind of grossed me out. I would say it is a good movie for kids. But watch out for some scenes. Not a movie for kids that are imature. Hope this helped :)
Kid, 9 years old April 11, 2012

Bad

Very very crude
Teen, 13 years old Written byConor Coyle April 11, 2012

Loved it!

I have to say I am impressed, I went to see this with my mum and my sister at the cinema today and we all loved it. Lots of laughs throughout and plenty of twists and turns. The thing people are saying is inappropriate is the scene where Snow WhIte gets spanked several times, but I didn't mind nor did anyone else in the cinema. The dwarfs are funny too.
Adult Written byRSS April 21, 2012

a tougher Snow White

I dislike misleading previews, I was very hesitant in watching the movie; fearing it would be too sexual. I was pleasantly surprised the movie did not push sexuality as much as I thought. The movie does have 2 passionate, long lasting kisses but I'm willing to forgive them considering the ending. What is great about this movie is the representation of the dwarf men. They are intelligent, strong, and humorous. They react to the injustice they faced by the town people. A good lesson for the audience to know, not to cast away those who are different. I do recommend this movie, but a warning...I did have a "nightmare" of the ending battle scene with the beast.
Kid, 11 years old April 10, 2012

Better Than Expected

I walked in the theater with low expectations, thinking that this was just another stupid kiddy Snow White revision. It actually is, without the "stupid" part though. It is a decent revision, but films like this always have flaws. And so it does. The acting is horrible except Armie Hammer as the prince. Armie Hammer never disappoints. This performance, however, is not as good as his portrayal as the Winklevoss twins in the flawless masterpiece, The Social Network. The beginning is awfully boring. The song in the end credits is bad. But everything else is comedy gold. Now for the parental review. The main character, the Queen, is a negative role model. Everybody else is good. There is kiddy violence in it and some peril. There is a lot of sexual content but most of them will go over kids' heads. So if you have a kid that likes these kinds of movies, take them. Go have some fun.
Kid, 12 years old April 9, 2012

Wonderful Movie a mix of Rovin Hood and Once Upon A Time

This is a great movie! It has is all! Colorful and CREATIVE WITH MANY POSITIVE MESSAGES. Snow White is a brave, intelligent herione which teaches young girls to do the right thing. Also the movie states that vanity isn't everything and shouldn't be. There is minimal violence just a handful of swordfights showing no blood. This movie could've been better but it is still great! Ther is some sexy stuff when the Queen puts a love potion on the prince, but it'll go right over kids' heads.
Adult Written byashdoc April 20, 2012

Ashdoc's movie review---Mirror mirror

Its the story of snow white and the seven dwarfs---retold and remodelled for the modern era..... .......Or so I assume..... ......Because I have totally forgotten the original fairy tale I liked during my school days , which my mother used to read out to me diligently in childhood . And remodelling it for the modern era involves it being told to us by the villain herself---Snow white's step mother , who else..... .....And the evil step mother is played by the ever green Julia Roberts..... And so in never never land there is a king.....and he's a good king..... And he has a beautiful daughter---with skin as white as snow and hair that is jet black.....in fact so white she is that she is called Snow white..... Now wait a minute.....does this mean that whiter the skin more goodlooking the person is , in this politically correct era of ours---where black people are encouraged to be proud about their colour ?? Well , we have to remind ourselves that fairy tales were born in a different era and cant be changed for today---and any attempt to tweak a story too much will be a reason for failure if it deviates from the original too much.... But snow white's mother dies and the king marries Julia Roberts who sends him to the forest from where he does not return...... And Julia takes over the kingdom and misrules , keeping the people in dire poverty while she enjoys.... But the magic mirror she keeps does not hide the truth , and keeps warning her that there is a price to pay for her deeds---deeds which she does by making the mirror cast a spell on anyone she wants to ensnare..... One day Snow white grows up to be eighteen and eager to see the world..... ......And when she goes out into the world she sees her people suffering..... But never mind..... When she goes out into the world she also meets the man of her dreams---a handsome prince of course..... And she meets and befriends seven lovable dwarfs..... And many hands make light work..... In short when allies meet they can change the old and evil order..... Doesn't matter that the evil step mother falls in love with the handsome prince too , and tries to marry him by casting another spell on him...... As the mirror warns her , its her last spell---and she has to pay the long accumulated price for her evil deeds..... Time and tide are on Snow white's side.... That and youth and innocence and virginity and goodness of heart..... In the fairy tales its always the fair and the good who win dont they..... But before they win , we get to see a world of magic and dances in fairy tale ballrooms and handsome princes and lovely princesses and small adventures and demons and witches and potions and spells---all of which brings nostalgic memories of your childhood alive..... .......A carefree childhood spent on your mother's lap listening to Grimm's fairy tales free from the worries of the world as only a child can be...... .....And all of it accentuated by modern special effects..... Now why did the director have to ruin it all by ending the movie by making the actors dance a bollywood-like bhangra ?? Oh , he's an Indian and wanted to have some Indian touch to a Hollywood film...... Never mind again.... Its still a decent watch.....