All member reviews for Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol

Spy franchise returns for more action-packed thrills.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylololee December 16, 2011

Mission Possible

Great movie no bad language nothing bad at all except this one character named John.He is a very bad actor
Parent Written byHMC69 December 16, 2011

perhaps the most action-packed movie I've ever seen

Saw this in an Imax theater - the sound and video were incredible. The action is nearly non-stop and very exciting. Theme of save-the-world, good v evil is a positive message to boys in my opinion who are exposed to lots of video game violence for the sake of violence/entertainment only. This film is not gory. But for those sensitive to it, be aware it is constant gunfire/explosions/car crashes/etc. A little language, but less than most PG-13 films, and no f-bombs or over-the-top stuff. Great film for Imax to take advantage of the technology and sound system. However, I suggest sitting in the back half of the theater because rapid motion is hard to process from the front. Also be aware that it is EXTREMELY loud.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 January 12, 2012

MI4

spy team thriller is fun and entertainment
Teen, 14 years old Written byJKB97 January 1, 2012

Mission: Accomplished

Brad Bird (director of Disney Pixar super-hero spectacular 'The Incredibles') makes his debut in the genre of thriller in the fourth installment of the 'Mission Impossible' series starring Tom Cruise as spy, Ethan Hunt. This film is a must-watch for children who love thrilling chases and fast-paced action from the recommended age of 11 and over. There are minor uses of bad language, but they are infrequent - the film succeeds to thrill from its chases and fast-paced storyline. 11 years of age is the perfect age for a child to watch with their parents in the cinema. Some children below the age of 11 can watch from the permission of their parents, if they can deal with violence. Finally, I can assure you 'Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is the ideal thriller to watch with children over the age of 11 and adults of all ages.
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2012

Too Awesome to explain it

This movie is too awesome. It's impossible to thoroughly explain why. Let's just say it's funny, fast-paced, thrilling, action-packed, stylish, it has EVERYTHING! Out of all the M:I movies I like this one the BEST. I don't get why kids my age should not be watching this, everyone HAS to see this! It's the perfect recipe to AWESOMENESS. And the best part is, it's made by one of my favorite directors: BRAD BIRD. I just love his movies (His name too!).
Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2011

Great Movie

I loved this movie. It was awesome, there was a lot of violence, but it's a spy, if you expected anything else, i don't know. Anyway, it was still a good movie, I would watch it with younger kids, but it is still great!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 July 30, 2015

Mission accomplished.

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is the best one yet. Director Brad Bird really was extraordinary for this movie. Although Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Maggie Q didn't return, Simon Pegg did return along with Paula Patton and Jeremy Renner who excels in their roles. The action sequences and stunt work were phenomenal, especially the Burj Khalifa climbing sequence and the sand storm sequence. The story was great and the pacing was just right. Grade: A.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBondJamesBond July 3, 2014

Just A Lot of Fun!

honestly, this is the most light-weight mission impossible movie to date, they crack more jokes, and they focus more on the action, and the tech, rather than the characters and the story. That usually isn't good, but in this case it was great! i thought the third movie was more dramatic and dark, and it worked because of the story they wanted, but this one was more of just a racy, slick, and stylish spy film. I think kids will adore this movie and it is very good. there is some sex at the end but that is basically it, the violence is just cartoony and stylish, until the end when he fights the main villain of the film it has some blood but nothing to be worried about, overall it is a good film for kids 11 and up, critically, the movie is just a lot of fun! nothing more, nothing less. so it gets an (8.4/10.)
Kid, 10 years old January 3, 2014

Ftyyfthfuhtyhughty

This movie is brutal graphic and gory.Full nudity.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Mission - Impossible: Ghost Protacal

good intence movie, best of the series most defenentley!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysourcecoderocks December 31, 2011

Really Good

Great movie! I flinched a lot though, especially because i saw it in IMax. Lots of guns and fight scenes. But really, an amazing film. I loved the gritty action and fighting! Sexual content was much less than most PG13 movies as was language, just one s**t in a humorous way. It's such a thriller.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn December 25, 2011

Tom Cruise is back for more ridiculous action and clever espionage.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol made it very clear to me when it was over that, while, this franchise is getting to be very tired and that this film didn't exactly regenerate it nearly as well as many critics and audiences alike seem to believe, it is still the best movie in the franchise, although that is saying next to nothing, considering that nearly every movie in the franchise get's a little bit better than the previous film, and that it is still a exciting average franchise.Still, with enough exciting and originally clever action sequences, including the already infamous tower climbing scene and a scene very early in the movie when they use a gadget that resembles a wall...well, that's all that I am saying, but I will tell you, that those are definitely great action movie making scenes, and Brad Bird also shows us that he can really do much more than just Pixar animated movie. Still, there is plenty of violence, intense action and some infrequent profanity. But, besides that, this is one outing in the franchise that is virtually harmless and can be watched with the family, I think. So, go check it out this Christmas, and enjoy it while it lasts.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhONEsTreviewer1 December 23, 2011

Mission complete

Mission Impossible is an insanely action packed movie about a man named Ethan (Tom Cruise) whose "mission" is to intercept nuclear bomb launch codes from an assassin. Lots of shootings, violence, suspense, and only one lingering kiss. The only consumerism is that every car they use is a BMW and they show electronic brands Canon and Apple. Very well done, and the twisted plot is sure to grab your attention. Rotten Tomatoes: 93%
Parent Written bytwilly December 22, 2011

A welcome treat.

What a huge treat to see an entertaining and compelling action movie which does NOT contain the usual gratuitous nudity, sex, potty humor, recurring bad language, and blood splatters. I heartily thank the producers for being considerate of parents and families. Well done! We need more movies like this. The "violence" is copious, but it is "tastefully done," if there is such a thing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTARDIS Tourist December 28, 2015

This review will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Tom Cruises is stellar in this epic action movie. Violence is common in this movie. There is a bloody assassination, several fist fights, neck snapping, explosions, and a man looses his ear. There is some kissing in this movie. Blood and gore is a concern in this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byactiongurl08 October 22, 2015
I think this film is great and it is definitely one of my favourites!! Tom Cruise and Jeremy Renner continue to blow me away with their spectacular acting skills and Simon Pegg offers some humourous quotes here and there, making the film a total winner. But, like all action movies, I think it really could've done without the scene with Zoe and the Indian dude. While I'm grateful she quickly turned before they lied down, I really think it spoiled it a bit. I also think the swearing is something parents should be aware of if that kind of thing is an issue for them. I can only recall a few coarse words, but, still, this can be a no-no for some families, which I totally understand!! Great film with a smart story and superb acting, but definitely something that is in the "mild/moderate" zone with sex, swearing and violence and, therefore, probably worth an investigation for parents who aren't too keen on that.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 22, 2015
Kid, 8 years old June 5, 2015

Amazing but very very violent action sequel is racy and has swearing.

My rating:R for strong violence, language, and racy content.
Written byAnonymous November 30, 2014

Legacy tale is full of breathtaking excitement much better then the previous

My rating: PG-13 for violence,language,sexuality/nudity,gunshots and a drug reference
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan November 4, 2014

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol movie review

Without doubt, "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol" is the best "Mission: Impossible" movie. It was the "M:I" movie I have been waiting for all my life. "Mission: Impossible III" came very close to my expectations, but this one really went above and beyond. The movie starts out very fast-paced and you're completely invested. This film was spectacular. Tom Cruise, in my opinion, gives the performance of a lifetime. He knew what he was doing. The supporting roles which are Paula Patton, Simon Pegg, and Jeremy Renner did very well with their characters. The story-line was really cool and it felt the most realistic of the four movies in this franchise. Sometimes simple doesn't work, but in this case it worked 100%. The action in this movie is the best thing I've ever seen in an action movie. The fight scenes are choreographed so well. The scene when Tom Cruise was climbing the Burj Khalifa, I was literally on the edge of my seat. That particular scene is one of my top 3 favorite movie scenes of all time. One thing I love about this franchise is how they use different directors to direct the movies so we can see their approach on the series. Brad Bird did a tremendous job directing "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol". The screenplay for this movie is literally perfect. All of the "Mission: Impossible" movies deal with the value of teamwork. This did too, but it also dealt with another theme about fear. Each of Ethan's team members had a personal struggle they had, yet they didn't let that ruin the mission. I think the villain is underrated. He is cunning and another antagonistic aspect of the film was the situation. Everything is going awry constantly for the team and this leads to tension very well. I will never forget the day I saw this movie in theaters. "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol" is flawless and of course it gets five out of five stars. If you want to watch a good action movie or a good movie generally, watch "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol". The movie is very underrated and not many people talk about how good this movie is. "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol" was my second favorite movie of 2011 right behind "Drive" . It is an action movie that has great action while having an interesting story. We don't see too many of those these days.