All member reviews for Molly: An American Girl on the Home Front

American Girl learns about sacrifice during WWII.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNarwhalLover13 June 16, 2013

American Girls Rule!

I really like molly and all the other american girl movies. I have a bunch of American Girl dolls too. I know girls will love this movie.
Parent Written bynobbsy May 23, 2013

Heartwarming and Instructive Movie!

this is a wonderful movie, both for kids and adults. It is not entirely upbeat, but the unhappy events are instructive and the film ends on a warm and happy note. In my opinion, this is the best of The American Girl series. I hope you will agree.
Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byfastraxsg July 1, 2011

Better than I thought...

I think this movie really explains what its like to be in world war. Girls really fall into the movie and feel emotions. Personally, it was better than I thought it would be.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byangela12 March 3, 2010

Kid, 10 years old October 7, 2009

very good,A.G fans will love it!

good tale and even though there is talk of death and war molly and emily's story is a good one.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysara4ever95 May 9, 2009

Adult Written byBrynsusan April 5, 2009

Good method for bringing U.S. History to life.

The American Girl Historical Fiction books and movies make excellent family movie & reading night choices allowing for good conversation opportunities to discuss changing and often challenging times in U.S. History.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKeds43@aol.com April 9, 2008

Best AG Books and Movie!

I remember reading these books when I was in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades. When they started making the AG movies, I couldn't wait until this movie came out. I'm so happy they fianlly made it! They adapted the books very well. Some of the stuff wasn't correct, but they did a good job. The main actress, Maya Ritter, was a very good Molly. Tory Green was an excellent Emily. I don't think she's British in real life, so she did an excellent job with the accent. This movie was great! Get the DVD as soon as you can!
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Old fashioned quality tv

I sat and watched this with my daughters ages 10 & 11. I found it a little boring, but they both enjoyed it and I know they learned a little history. I think the best age group would be 7-12, however, I would let a 5 year old watch it with me. There is no violence, but it does deal with death and of course war. It would be a good way to introduce the subject of war to a child.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatGirl94 April 9, 2008

Fun but informative!

I am homeschooled and we often watch movies about certain eras to make history more fun. This movie is very informative about World War II, but it is also interesting and fun. It doesn't feel like a documentary at all! FIVE STARS!

Too Great!

It was a cute movie and so was the book (books) I loved reading the book (books)and watching the movie. It was great for all ages young and old!

I could not wait to see what was next!

molly

This movie is soooooooo sweet and cute. Teaches lessons about friendship and commentment
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

This is a good movie for kids ages 9 and up.

I would say pretty much 8 and up but because of the violence and saddness it is 9 and up. I gave this movie 4 stars because the way Molly is in the movie is not the way she is in the books. In the books Molly is a very cheerful girl and in the movie she is kind of boring......................................................................but this movie is a pretty nice film . I would say buy the dvd because you will learn about the movie dolls and they are very cute i am a big huge fan of american girl I have a Just Like YOu doll named Amanda. :))