All member reviews for Moms' Night Out

Bland faith-based comedy supports traditional gender roles.

Teen, 14 years old Written byUseursense June 7, 2014

Funniest. Movie. Ever!!!!!!;)

This was absolutely HILARIOUS! I laughed so much during this movie and I mean, it's CLEAN HUMOR! That made it even better:) The only whatever thing is a drunk character (who's a snob) and the mom's go looking in a tattoo parlor for a missing baby (pretty crazy) It certainly had great messages about the role of mothers. Overall: awesomeness. Loved it. But CSM; why did you say that it supported traditional roles like it's a bad thing? It's certainly not bad! It's great that it does!
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byLeener66 January 17, 2015

Clean and Cute

Although a little exaggerated in what most moms would go through in a night out, it is meant to encourage moms to have an identity, a night out, a purpose, and to recognize that sometimes moms take on too much and feel like a failure. Very positive message. If you are used to profanity, sex and violence, this movie will appear boring and squeaky clean. I loved it because that's not what I want in a movie.
Educator Written byBoomerangPete June 8, 2014

Hilarious!

So thankful for a hilarious and clean family movie! This hilarious journey shows you just how hard a mom's job can be!
Parent Written bykimmiesmile May 19, 2014

Not what I expected!

My girlfriends invited me to a girls night out, and told me we would watch this movie. I was imagining Magic Mike type movie. While the movie was a little slow, it was surprisingly positive, clean, and encouraging. Very rare for a movie now days. While I wouldn't mind taking my younger child, I don't think they would enjoy it very much. That is why I said 12 and older. And honestly, I think the target audience is stay at home mom's!
Adult Written bymaevek February 19, 2015

'Mum's night out.'

'Mum's night out,' is a very good family film. It brought back many happy memories of my childhood to me. Some people may say the film is sexist as the mum stays at home but someone has to stay at home with the kids. It is such a funny and down to earth film.
Parent Written bybeanermom05 September 6, 2014

Great Movie!!!

As a mother of 5 and now grandmother of 7, I found this movie right on point. We laughed and found ourselves thankful for such a powerful message of hope for mothers who are in the midst of raising children. Mothers and Fathers are crucial in the lives of their kids!
Parent Written byBadorgoodparent August 25, 2014

FUNNY

ME AND MY CHILDREN LOVED THIS MOVIE GREAT FAMILY MOVIE
Parent of a 11 year old Written byshelj701 October 18, 2014

Watched this movie with my 11 year old son. We both enjoyed it. We laughed alot and enjoyed the family friendly theme. It is refreshing to see a faith based movie that doesn't focus on death. My son has been turned off by Christian movies because they always make him cry due to the sad intense themes. He liked Mom's Day Out though.
Parent Written byTakemeoutothemovies July 21, 2014

We loved this movie!!

Frankly, I've been shocked at the disparity in reviews on this movie. I guess you either love it or you hate it. I went with a group of women friends and a sprinkling of kids, and we all laughed hysterically from start to finish! Some in our group were even seeing it for the second time. I found the characters to be so easy to relate to. I loved that it had both older and younger mom's dealing with the stresses of being a mother. And although the fathers weren't entirely on top of things, they were loving and very supportive of their wives needs. In many ways it reminded me of the screwball comedies of an earlier era, but with modern themes. Good, clean entertainment with a great message for caregivers of taking time to take care of yourself. Easily my favorite movie of the year!
Parent Written bytimp1 November 4, 2014

Amateur hour...

Awful script, stiffly acted, and amateurishly produced. The message appears to be that moms need to shut up, obey their husbands, and appreciate that we allow them to exist at all since they are so ungrateful for the honor of changing diapers, maintaining households without help, and having little to no adult contact.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written bylifeisboog June 22, 2014

Bored beyond belief.

I was invited to see this as part of a Mom's night out. Without knowing what the movie was about I said yes. I expected light hearty laughs and got bored out of my skull. It started out kind of cute but the fact that they behaved as if the dad's couldn't take care of the children was irritating. Once they left the restaurant scene, which was the funniest part of the movie, they basically just drove around town yelling "Where's the baby?" over and over. The hour of driving to the same four locations was followed up with a super cheesy sermon by Trace Adkins. His portrayal of a dumb ex-con biker was kind of cute but eventually annoying. There are pretty heavy stereotypes which will most likely turn off anyone who isn't at an upper middle class Christian. There is some slapstick comedy which kids might enjoy but they will probably be bored for a majority of the movie. If you liked Fireproof you will like this movie. If you didn't, don't waste your time.
Adult Written byMom27crazies April 10, 2015

Good family night flick

Although the plot line is somewhat predictable, any busy mom will GET this mother's state at the edge of insanity. Our kids loved it, we really enjoyed it.
Parent Written byYiskah March 18, 2015

MY FAVORITE !

It's hard to find something that makes me laugh as much as this movie does. I've been through all the stages. I have ten kids, 3 grown, youngest is two. We all love this movie! It's realistic, yet shows my older boys how not to start out as husbands. Sean's character is also very sweet to his wife and kids and takes everything in stride. My own husband was a gamer for the first ten years of our marriage but wished he hadn't ever started that. He even loves this movie. I love the whole thing. We own it and will watch it for years to come.
Adult Written bycool_girl77 December 21, 2014

amazing

This movie is amazing it is great for a family to watch over the weekend. it is really funny. so yay if any won sees it i hop you like it.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bymsMommy2u November 29, 2014

Wish I'd read the reviews before wasting an hour

Hard to figure out an appropriate age for this movie, but I suggest toddlers since anyone older is likely to be insulted by this insipid nonsensical mess. It's really hard to know where to even begin but I will go with the most obvious issues. Dads who are so incompetent that they can barely manage NOT to accidentally kill their own offspring left in their care for a few hours, women who are so emotionally unbalanced that they breakdown and cower in the closet after their out-of-control over-indulged kids destroy the house. Aargh...I fear that this movie's portrayal of marriage/motherhood may have done more to damage my daughters' psyches more than all the Carl's Jr. and Victoria's Secret commercials put together. Yuck. After about an hour, when I realized this was a poorly-acted, thinly-disguised infomercial for Focus on the Family, I couldn't hit the "stop" button on the DVD player quick enough. Unless these people all get some therapy, start taking psych meds and grown up by the end of this train wreck, this rubbish was completely unforgiveable (even for Christians).
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox May 5, 2015

Moms night Out

EXTREMELY annoying movie, though there were a few funny parts. There is some mild kissing nothing a kid can't see. No swearing at all. A woman is seen with a bunch of alcohol bottles. Some comical violence, a man sits on a bird, it is implied the bird dies, a man gets headbutted (not graphic)... Will appeal to young kids.