All teen and kid member reviews for Monster House

Kid, 10 years old September 2, 2011

Nice movie!

Well, I watched this when I was 8. It didn't scare me at all, and I watched it AT NIGHT. Again, it just depends on if you are used to this stuff or not. But I think it's for 9 yrs, because I barely noticed the word crap in there. And kids 6 and under may notice the word and start saying it and get their selves in trouble or whatever.
Kid, 11 years old October 9, 2010

scary movie better than gory horror flicks. not for kids, though

we can all agree. this movie is way too scary for your young ones. this is a surprisingly good movie but it's not for anyone under the age of 10. the babysitter's boyfriend does not respect her "property", and...are there really any good role models here. this movie also has adult characters that are so oblivious of anything that it almost convinces kids that adults are terifying, lazy, oblivious, unloving, deviant people that cannot be relied on. this is a scary, and disturbing message that kids will NOT be able to handle. I don't know why they call this a family movie, but all I know is it's FREAKING AWESOME. not 4 kids though.
Kid, 9 years old April 12, 2011

property

property is in valved in this movie.t j wants to defeat the house with chowder and jenny.a few mentions about kissing.the babysitter Z boyfriend BONES drinks beer [BONES is a weird name.] this is iffy for 8-10
Teen, 14 years old Written byarman kalantari February 25, 2012

good for 8 and up

good for 9 and up. but if your 7 year wants to watch let them. good for kids 7 and up. love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byMicahBob July 22, 2011

good movie not for lil kids

its a very good movie, probly not good for lil kids though,i saw it when i was 10 and loved it, wasnt Really scared. i cant stand people who say its bad for being scary. ITS A SCARY MOVIE!!! TNATS THE POINT!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTnMovieFan2 April 9, 2008

Pretty Good

It was pretty good, but a little too scary for kids 7 and under.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to see this movie with my dad when I was 8.I got scared so we left. Then my 4 year old brother watched it a couple years later and he loved it. I think it all depends on the kid if they like scary stuff than if they are under 5 than you should watch it and check it out. If they are over 5 than you should watch with them in the same room.if they get scared of things reallllllly easily don't even bother looking and checking it out. Now i am ten. I get creeped out easily and i am stil a bit creeped out from the movie when i see it.
Kid, 10 years old October 4, 2015

Too scary for most audiences...

I had picked this movie for my family and i too watch for a movie night and i shouldn't have... My family stop'd the movie 19 min. in. First of all it was sooooooo scary. I mean sereusly there is a house that comes to life!!! we diden't see it come to life in the first 19 min. of the movie, but the main caricter has a dream that it dose. second of all the adults in this movie are veary, very, very, very rude. The boys parents go out for the night and leve the boy with his babysitter. That was a mestake.... she sends the boy to bed erly and knoks over a plant vace and says: "uh, oh. whyd ya do that?" Then wonse the boy wakse up from his bad dream, (as mentched erlyer in my revew), the babysitters boyfrined, (yes his babysitter had invited her boyfreind), scares the kid by jumping out at him and then steals the boys stuffed bunny and asked if the bunny was a girl. when the boy replys yes, he starts to kiss to bunny... and then rips off the poor bunnys head! and third of all in the rudness catagory, the man that lives in the living house staels a littel girls trike and brakes it in 2. It is implyed that he dose this offten. latter whaen the boy and his freind loose a ball in his yard the man starts screeming at them and then DIES on the boy. Would give it 0 stares but commonsence wont let me.
Kid, 11 years old May 22, 2015

Surely the movie to skip!

This movie is horrible and seems too desperate in terms of energy with inappropriate jokes and toilet humour. Graphical wise too cartoony and unreal. Bad choice of characters, personalities and story line. The film is terrible in terms of characters especially, there are no role models since every character has some sad joke or inappropriate sex outburst. I wouldn't watch this if you had any wide range of personality and even different ages. Movie should not have been created. I hate it. It is c**p!!!
Kid, 10 years old December 21, 2014

some violent and scary scenes

This is good film but I would say it might scare someone who is under 8
Kid, 12 years old November 3, 2014

Monster house

I think it shows a message because when nevercracker has a heart attack and when he was at the hospital Dj and the 2 other kids went in the house to find a secret.

monster house

well first of all I think this movie is kind inappropriate because at some point of the movie a teen or 20 year old tries to come on to a girl and the girl kicks him out of her house when he is drunk.Also when some boys try to give the house drugs to make it sleep and so on.

Monster House

This is a fun filled action movie for kids who like haunted house movies!! This has action and mild language. In the start the kid named DJ is stalking his neighbor. Over all, that's a little creepy. This movie had a little bit of swearing such as, "Butt Head"and, "Crap". Lastly, the movie had a lot of action and comedy!
Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2014

the movie is kind of off

the movie dose inclued beer but its funny
Teen, 13 years old Written bytrxyeandtyler October 18, 2014

Literal freakshow

I watched this movie for the first time when I was 7. Now I'm 13, and still emotionally scarred. (spoiler) There is literally a dead woman encased in cement in the old guys basement. I'm watching it in honor of halloween, because it still terrifies me as a teen.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDylan the reliable October 17, 2014

Get off my Lawn!!

I liked this movie. There are some iffy parts though. Bones(the babysitter's boyfriend) drinks beer and doesn't really respect her. Mr. Nebbercracker is shown with dynamite and is a creepy explosive man who chases and steals things from kids. His wife was bullied for being fat and was shown being buried alive. Not any good role models, but a fun experience for everyone. It is an action packed fun exciting movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byAriana507 October 11, 2014

Not recommended for any kids under 9.

This movie came out when I was five and my mom took me to a theater to see it. It SCARED me to death. Eventually my mom bought me the movie and by the age of 8 I could tolerate it. But I'm the biggest chicken ever, I'm scared of every movie! There is a couple of jump scares and the house is alive, which I thought was the creepiest part.
Kid, 11 years old September 14, 2014

One kiss no biggy

Ok so this was an okay movie but if your one of those people who hallucinate things that scared u before this is not your movie. This scared me a little bit but hey, I was only 8. There's one kiss on the lips and his dad talks about when he was a kid he spied on girls in there room. One girl says "Okay let's cut the cr*p". Nothing serious. Younger kids 4-7 will get scared and have nightmares. Lucky for me no matter how much something scares me I won't have nightmares. And there is a misunderstood man who is thought to have killed his wife.
Kid, 12 years old August 15, 2014

Saw it when I was 8 (I think)

When I was eight, I saw this on television. I had nightmares and it was extremely scary. I would recommend it to 10 year olds or mature nine year olds. There was a lot violence. It was about a house that ate people.
Kid, 10 years old June 26, 2014

It depends on the kid

It's a good movie and you kid might love it,one thing to keep in mind is that your child could be scared of different things and you have to base what they see off of that. The older kids don't set a good example by stealing trespassing and lots of other things