All member reviews for Monsters, Inc.

Cute, kid-friendly monster movie; may scare sensitive kids.

Kid, 10 years old July 16, 2013

children beware your in for a delightful scare!

this movie is hilarious one of my favorite childhood flims this movie will definately score points with little kids and so will its prequel [ monsters univeresity]
Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2013

Monsters Inc

Its A Fun Movie And Its Great For A Family To Watch Together So Your Child Will Love It. This Probably Wont Be A Problem But Just In Case Your Kid Might Get A Bit Scared At Times Like When Sully Roars At A Little Kid That Might Scare Them But They Should Be Fine .
Teen, 17 years old Written byClementejunoir June 30, 2013

Amazing!

A movie like this might be just some ordinary film that will make you laugh and stuff, But that is not the case with monsters inc! Monsters inc Is a film that will make you laugh, cry, and clap. A perfect movie for all ages.
Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2013

Monster-iffic!

Hello, this is EpicBoy21, yet again... and, with Monsters, Inc., the initial concept is where monsters scare to collect screams, but then they meet this fearless toddler, whom a monster Sulley (John Goodman --- The Big Lebowski), has to take care of, with another friend, Mike (Billy Crystal). The reason I put up VIOLENCE is because of the SCARINESS and the SLAPSTICK. The slapstick includes pushing, shoving and even punching, with other stuff, but the scariness is bad enough by itself --- the scary things are, the monsters themselves, a couple torture scenes, the scenes with the screams, a scary sequence with doors, etc. PLEASE NOTE: I've seen this quite a few times. I remember it well. It's G anyway, but watch out for sensitive kids, as this may be really scary. Really good, funny slapstick, genuine funniness, drama, etc., etc., etc. It's awesome! Thank you for reading.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNarwhalLover13 June 19, 2013

For the whole family!

I love this movie, the little girl is so cute!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn June 13, 2013

One of the best Pixar films ever!

Monsters Inc. was just an excellent movie. The CGI is so great, the hair and skin textures look like they're real. The plot was excellent and the characters are sweet and funny. Like CSM mentioned, it may scare sensitive kids, so parents may want to watch a bit of it with their younger kids under 5 to see if they'll get scared. Mike is a funny one-eyed monster that is Sully's best friend. Sully is a lovable, furry monster. Boo is a cute 2 years old of aged girl that looks so cute, it makes you want to pinch her cheeks. Kids might even overcome their fear of monsters hiding in their closet if they watch this. If you have a kid that has a fear that monsters hide in their bed and closet, show them this movie. Overall, great movie, 5/5. Just watch this movie, I know you'll be impressed.
Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2013

good todler movie

This movie is good for toddlers because it teaches them not to be afraid of monsters. There are some things that might scare some little kids but it is not that bad.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 June 5, 2013

I love Monsters, Inc.

Awesome movie. Creative plot, awesome CGI, and everything. It is also VERY funny. Can't wait for Monsters University.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNASCAR101 May 13, 2013

review says it all

they're just like us, NOT INTRESTING, and the monsters being afraid of kids joke got old quickly
Kid, 10 years old May 5, 2013

ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES,EVER.

If You Haven't Seen Monsters Inc Already,Let Me Inform You What It's About So Right After You Read This Review,You Can Go Watch It!Monsters Inc Is A Film About Two Best Friends, Mike And Sully.Their Job Is To Scare Kids, And Get Their Screams. They Sneak Into Their Closet And Scare Them.They Scare The Kids Because Their Screams Power The City With Electricity,ETC.But The Monsters Have A Dirty Secret:They Are Scared Of The Kids,Just As The Kids Are Scared Of Them!So,When Accidentally Mike And Sully Let In A Little Girl,Boo,Into The Monster World,There Is Chaos.So,Mike And Sully Go On A Wild Adventure To Get Boo Back Home.This Movie Is Funny!There Is No Object able Content Except Some Frequent Comic Violence.So,You Have To See Monsters Inc! And Be On The Look Out For A New Monsters Inc Movie,Monsters Univercity!
Parent Written bykathyb0502 April 29, 2013

My four-year-old and I both enjoy it

My four-year-old really enjoys this movie. She watched it weekly for a few months, and still gets excited when she hears the theme song. She was scared of Randall the first few times she watched it, and cuddled with me or my husband during the action sequences. There's one scene where Sully thinks that Boo had died, but it had gone over her head so we didn't need to go into details about that. An entertaining movie that is fun for parents too.
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2013

Greatest film ever! Why can't they do that today!

This is a great film. It brings Toy Story animation into Monsters Inc., it has a heart-warming story that tells that boo comes into the monster world. There is some mild insults and flirting, But your younger child would be able to handle it! GREAT FLIM OF 2001!
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2013

That is my favorite Disney/Pixar movie, although it might be scary for young kids ages 2 and up, my most favorite part in that movie is the door ride. It feels like you're on it! But it almost made me cry in the end.
Parent of a 2, 6, and 8 year old Written byHOMI3 April 2, 2013

Not for younger kids

My 6 and 8 year old loved it and they were fine.
Kid, 11 years old April 1, 2013

Awsome

Really good movie
Teen, 16 years old Written bycommunicationarts March 27, 2013

CUTE

ADORBZ
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bywtgreene February 19, 2013

awesome movie

love this movie! I'm eight and i still love it. i recommend this to all ages. nothing iffy about this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKelseySmiles January 22, 2013

An incredible movie and another must see by Pixar!

wow! I am so happy that this movie is being re-released in theatres, it was (and is) definitely one of my favourite movies of all times. My baby sister loves it and she's 4, (but she's also the kind of kid who loves Monster House, Home Alone, Scooby Doo, Spiderman, Coraline), the characters are fun, sweet and easy. The humour is great for both kids and adults! The animation is great, colours are bright, scenes are easy and fun. Some parts can be scary, (the movie IS about monsters in the closet), and stressful, such as when they have to hide Boo, and there is one bit where a monster is being hit with a baseball bat, (this monster is a bad guy), but it's humorous as well because it's the little girl beating him and the monster changes colour. The movie ends with a positive message, that a child's laughter is more powerful than it's scream.
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2013

Great, but watch the monsters!

This great movie has only one drawback. In case you haven't noticed, its about monsters. however, they are all displayed cartoonishly, but a scene or two will probably frighten kids. no drinking, sex(though a monster goes on a date), and it is very kid friendly, but probably not the best choice for young kids. Also, your kid will need or want to know why the quarantine guys shave the monster. That scene kinda confused me as a kid!
Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2013

Monsters are inc

This is a great movie for your kids