All member reviews for Monsters, Inc.

Cute, kid-friendly monster movie; may scare sensitive kids.

Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright December 30, 2012

Not that scary.

Another great Pixar favorite. 9.5/10
Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2012

boys

Love this movie and if your a cute boy I'm a cute girl. I'll be on
Kid, 9 years old December 28, 2012

Monsters, Inc

It's a pretty good movie.
Kid, 12 years old December 20, 2012

Best Family Movie EVER!

This is my favorite family movie EVER! It has good messages about friendship, and the main characters are all great role models. Even though the action parts can be scary for younger viewers, this move is a great pick for your family.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

I can't wait for the 3-D remake!

Yeah,that's right! When I was gonna see Wreck-It Ralph last month,I saw a sign for a 3-D version of this film! This film was VERY CUTE! IT'S ALSO VERY FUNNY!
Kid, 9 years old December 16, 2012

I liked this movie, but I don't know why I saw it in the first place.

I saw this movie with my family because everyone said it was outstanding, and I liked it but I still think I might have wasted my time. Language: "Dang" is used once. Sex: a couple of mild kisses. Violence: A lot of monsters that may be scary for sensitive younger viewers, Monsters try to scare kids but your' children will most likely find it funny. I think this is a perfect movie for kids 5 and up.
Parent Written bylolboy55 December 9, 2012

okay for anyone

really funny anyone can watch it even a toddler
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd November 18, 2012

best animated film for 2001

personally i think everybody should watch this movie cause it`s a pretty good movie and the scene i could see scaring kids is where sulley roars like chris bosh at a macanical kid
Kid, 9 years old November 3, 2012

look down

This movie is okay for ages 4 and up. For the whole movie the monsters are afraid of the kids when it is supposed to be the opposite. at the end of the movie mike eats a microphone and then burps really loud (REALLY loud) and spits up the microphone so that was gross but other than that this movie is okay for your child if he/she is 4 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDMfanCassy October 27, 2012

One of my favorites!

I really love this movie a lot! I've always been a fan of Pixar, and being 14 I still love watching it with my siblings! When it comes to stuff like the "scariness" factor, I didn't find it all that scary when I first saw it, I think it would take a very sencitive child to get scared so it's fine for all ages! It has a great story and still makes me laugh! :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviemnMan October 1, 2012

In my opinion, This is probably Pixar's best idea since the Toy Story series!

So we all know how much children are afraid of monsters, when monsters are not afraid of children. But in this movie, its all the opposite, monsters are afraid of children more than children are afraid of monsters. That's the joke about this movie and the main reason why this movie is so creative and hilarious! Monsters inc is about 2 monsters named Mike and Sulley. Who are both best friends and work at Monsters inc. A factory where monsters go if they have a job there and scare kids, but with the power of children's screams, it puts energy into a battery thing (I don't know what its called) that is filled up with energy for the town. Kinda like how we use solar pannels with sunlight reaching them to give us power or stuff like that. However, after Mike and Sulley's 1st day at work Sulley is still in work and finds a door that is still there that is white and has pink flowers painted on it. Then a cute little human girl named Boo comes out where Sulley keeps getting frightened and tries to hide and return her before other monsters see her, torture her, and get Sulley fired from his job. Unlike most children Boo isn't even close to being afraid of monsters. Sulley and Mike actually became friends with her. Its theme is friendship of course. That's the message, Mike and Sulley want to protect Boo from the biohazard workers (Which are the monsters in those yellow suits) come and destroy her. All the characters were likeable and perfect role models, oh and the voice acting was really good! Like most Disney and Pixar movies there are sad moments, like when Sulley accidently scared Boo. Other parts gave me tears of joy. There were violence and consumerism, but the violence isn't really my concern since children can stand the violence in this movie, its consumerism that is my only concern. But its not really a problem since its not that inappropriate. There were Toy Story products I agree with CSM on that. But everything else was fresh and perfect. Boo was probably the cutest Disney character I've ever seen. She's even cuter than Dumbo or even Bambi. Overall it was a really good movie! Probably 2nd place for Best Pixar Movie, with 1st place the Toy Story Series and 3rd place Finding Nemo.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStop saspending me September 15, 2012

Monsters inc

Good movie
Kid, 12 years old August 17, 2012

Monster's Inc.

This film sends out a great message that just because someone looks like a monster, doesn't mean they act like one.
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2012

My favorite movie!

Monsters, Inc. is my favorite movie of all time (just a little ahead of the Toy Story movies, which are also by Pixar). I actually laugh at the jokes in this movie, and that's saying something, because I hardly ever laugh. Overall, this movie is AWESOME! -Samantha (chocolatecake123)
Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2012

may be too scary for younger viewers

good movie but younger kids probably couldnt handle it. my younger sister (whos 3) watched and was afraid of her door for the next 2 weeks. kids also not like the monsters wanting to scare kids. randell epicially could scare kids. mike could take away laughs, or being afraid of a one eyed green monster. sully helps boo and keeps her safe but the other charaters can be a bit scary. think about the kid whos about to watch this.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 8, 2012

Really good!

Not as good as other Disney Pixar films, but a great movie non-the-less. It may scare sensitive children.
Kid, 9 years old May 15, 2012

Monsters insulting kids

VERY insulting to a kid. Monsters scaring kids, and it has eating eyeballs. Rated G, but it should be PG.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic May 11, 2012

Monsters Inc. Review

Movies like Monsters, Inc. literally make you feel like a kid again, marveling at the joyously inventive sights before you, and that's a feat that should not be taken lightly. The climax, featuring what's essentially a suspended roller coaster of closet doors, is as thrilling as it is imaginative.
Parent Written byjbjb1 April 11, 2012

not good

Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 March 11, 2012

lkjhgfdsa

Brings the joy like Toy Story.