All member reviews for Monsters, Inc.

Cute, kid-friendly monster movie; may scare sensitive kids.

Kid, 10 years old August 1, 2011

Good but Scary

Full of monsters. You know your child. Would he or she be able to handle a giant spider, a gross lizard, and other disgusting beasts?
Kid, 10 years old February 14, 2011

Watch this

Monsters Inc is a great film. Some monsters may be quite scary for very young children. Some monsters get their fur taken off. There is a relationship between the little girl and one of the monsters.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysuchanoddity January 18, 2011

Wow. Off for 2-4? Come on!

Put this review back where it came from or so help me! ^_^
Kid, 8 years old January 17, 2011

ok
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2010

some scary scenes, but hilarious overall movie

this is a HILARIOUS movie, with one exception. the beginning has what seems to be a frightning monster, which leads to one of the funniest scenes in the movie. randolf's lair and mr. waternoose may scare toddlers. otherwise, the movie is fantastic!
Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2010

Monsters, Inc. is the beast!

Its way better than Monsters v Aliens, in fact, I liked it, but it's not my favorite. Monsters, Inc. is the family-friendly movie that will never outcast. Intended for all ages.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 March 12, 2010

A great and fun Pixar gem

Monster's Inc. is a cute little Pixar movie. It may not have the best animation for the producer's standards, but it is nonetheless a great and enjoyable treat. Some scenes are a little scary, but nothing a four year old can't handle.
Kid, 10 years old December 11, 2009

Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009

Great and original, one of Pixar's finest! Pehaps to scary for younger children.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancingwithmyself April 9, 2008

I really liked it!

I thought this film was a little bit sad in some parts (i could feel the emotions deep in my heart) but at the same time it was bright and heartwarming. The little girl (Boo) is so cute and sweet. I like how she changes the monsters' feelings towards humans.
Adult Written byrubina1970 April 9, 2008

Parent Written bykathyb0502 April 29, 2013

My four-year-old and I both enjoy it

My four-year-old really enjoys this movie. She watched it weekly for a few months, and still gets excited when she hears the theme song. She was scared of Randall the first few times she watched it, and cuddled with me or my husband during the action sequences. There's one scene where Sully thinks that Boo had died, but it had gone over her head so we didn't need to go into details about that. An entertaining movie that is fun for parents too.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKelseySmiles January 22, 2013

An incredible movie and another must see by Pixar!

wow! I am so happy that this movie is being re-released in theatres, it was (and is) definitely one of my favourite movies of all times. My baby sister loves it and she's 4, (but she's also the kind of kid who loves Monster House, Home Alone, Scooby Doo, Spiderman, Coraline), the characters are fun, sweet and easy. The humour is great for both kids and adults! The animation is great, colours are bright, scenes are easy and fun. Some parts can be scary, (the movie IS about monsters in the closet), and stressful, such as when they have to hide Boo, and there is one bit where a monster is being hit with a baseball bat, (this monster is a bad guy), but it's humorous as well because it's the little girl beating him and the monster changes colour. The movie ends with a positive message, that a child's laughter is more powerful than it's scream.
Parent Written byShugocharafan88 January 7, 2013

hehe when he saw me he ran away and almost hid in the cheesecake factory across the way it was a mall

i saw diary of a wimpy kid 2 with Animeboy975 and a couple of other friends. it was hilarious and an awesome movie. we also ran into another scratcher there after the movie, it was kinda awkward but funny
Parent Written bylovingparent123 December 19, 2011

Great Family Movie

This is a great Disney film- a little violent but not TOO scary for little ones. The 'crushing Machine' might scare sensitive kids, but apart from that, this movie's fantastic as a family film and will help young kids get over their 'monster in the closet' fears.
Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written byKTDO May 4, 2009

My 4 year old son was scared when he saw the monsters trying to scare the kids, even though he knew the monsters were nice. I think it seemed scary to him to think of being in the kids' place. He has woken us up 4 nights in a row saying he was scared of Monsters Inc., but not about anything specific. Just "the scaring."
Adult Written bywahoosigma April 9, 2008

A charming story -- some scary parts need reassuring parental presence

This is a charming story. Boo captures the energy and unconditional acceptance of a preschooler is a charming way. Sully and Mike are great pals and support each other through thick and thin. My 2.5 year old loves the movie but does get scared and has added the phrase scary monsters to his vocabulary. I highly recommend that parents stay with their kids as they watch and reassure them that the monsters will not get them. In a strange way this movie has helped with fears. My son talks about what is and what is not scary now.
Adult Written bymrsrobinson97 April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byschuymarch1 April 9, 2008

One of the best...

This movie is one of the best Pixar movies.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPinkarray February 8, 2015

Anyone spot any familiar DVDs

That scene where Boo knocks over the DVDs seem to have too much consumerism.