Cute, kid-friendly monster movie; may scare sensitive kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAlinaW. June 19, 2010

Monsters Inc. is the perfect movie with heart!

I remember watching this when I was little! I didn't like it at four, like Common Sense said, the monsters scared me!! But at 7, it was one of my favourite movies to curl up and watch when I was supposed to be having "quiet time". I'd reccomend this movie to most kids over 5, after you assure them the monsters aren't in fact, real. There is positive messages in Monsters Inc, including some of the monsters turning out to be real softies, and the kids being total sweethearts. Enjoy!!
Kid, 12 years old April 7, 2010

A great, funny comedy adventure

I love this movie. This is a good movie. It has good role models. It's a good movie like Star Wars. I love this movie. I highly recommded it.
Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2010

Monsters, Inc. is the beast!

Its way better than Monsters v Aliens, in fact, I liked it, but it's not my favorite. Monsters, Inc. is the family-friendly movie that will never outcast. Intended for all ages.
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byAvasMom March 28, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 March 13, 2010

Great movie, fun for the whole family. Iffy for ages 6-10.

This is a great movie, and is kid-friendly. Some of the monsters might scare little kids however, so use discretion. The reason I rated this movie iffy for ages 6-10 is because there is a lot of sad stuff in it. I saw this movie when I was little (I don't remember how old I was), and it made me cry at some parts. (It wouldn't now, if I'm able to watch Passion of the Christ without crying too much). In terms of content, this movie would probably be suitable for kids ages 6 or older. But, since there is some sad stuff, I rate this movie iffy for ages 6-10.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 March 12, 2010

A great and fun Pixar gem

Monster's Inc. is a cute little Pixar movie. It may not have the best animation for the producer's standards, but it is nonetheless a great and enjoyable treat. Some scenes are a little scary, but nothing a four year old can't handle.
Kid, 10 years old December 11, 2009
Adult Written byChristian reveiwer October 31, 2009

Great kid movie!!! worth waching

LOVE and so does the whole family. WE can't stop laughing. A little scary at some parts with the kidnapping of Boo, but in the end it is all so so cute. The monsters turn out not to be so scary as thought to have been and the kids love monsters now and they have even wanted Sully or Mike to come into there room. Great Kid movie. Love your monsters!!!
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 October 18, 2009

pritty good

tis movie is cute, funny, orignal,... but bare in mind kids that are under 5 might not understand the movie and probably will find it scary especially if that child is easily scared or is under the age of 4.
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009
Great and original, one of Pixar's finest! Pehaps to scary for younger children.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPoison Ivey September 20, 2009

pretty good but might scare little ones

one character has the life sucked out of him! I really liked this movie when I was a kid, but I understand why some kids might get scared. Monsters roar, and yeah... It's a little scary but it's another success.
Teen, 14 years old Written byzackaback September 13, 2009
Not A Great Movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byBellaCullen1120 September 12, 2009

Still in luv with this movie

i no i'm older and all but i can always sti down and watch this movie its so funny and it never gets old im sure it will always be one of my fav
Kid, 9 years old September 1, 2009

good family movie

but i watched this when i was 6 and igot scared of the monsters so dont be suprised if your little ones get a little scared but tis is a good movie well it was made by pixar all pixar movies are good
Parent of a 8 year old Written bySteven Matthews August 5, 2009

Generally good, but not great

Parents will want to discuss why, at the end of the movie, when the plant was closing and workers' job were threatened, the workers didn't organize to operate the plant collectively, but allowed Sullivan to (mysteriously) become CEO.
Kid, 9 years old July 13, 2009

best pixar yet!

I think monsters inc. is a film of magic and surprises. It's a little scary because there jobs are to scare children. But, i love it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byFridaythe13th June 26, 2009

Pixar's Monsters Inc.

I love this movie on of the best Pixar movies, it is funny and the ending is good. It is very good and highly recommend for children! The movie is about Monsters, young children might be scared to watch it at first but it isn't scary, just little children watch it without knowing it is about monsters.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byjedipeter May 22, 2009
Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written byKTDO May 4, 2009
My 4 year old son was scared when he saw the monsters trying to scare the kids, even though he knew the monsters were nice. I think it seemed scary to him to think of being in the kids' place. He has woken us up 4 nights in a row saying he was scared of Monsters Inc., but not about anything specific. Just "the scaring."
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 April 14, 2009

Great movie, but may be scary for young ones.

This is a cute movie. It's about a monster named Sully and his friend named Mike and they work at Monsters Incorporated. It's the monsters' jobs to scare kids. So, this might be a little scary when a child sees a monster coming up from the shadows of a kid's bedroom and scares the kid, if your child is sensitive to these things. The kids scream in terror when they're scared, so kids may be frightened about that too. Anyway, Sully finds a human girl and eventually becomes her friend. I don't want to spoil the rest, but it ends wonderfully. Despite the scary parts, kids will enjoy this movie.