All member reviews for Monsters, Inc.

Cute, kid-friendly monster movie; may scare sensitive kids.

Parent of a 8 year old Written bySteven Matthews August 5, 2009

Generally good, but not great

Parents will want to discuss why, at the end of the movie, when the plant was closing and workers' job were threatened, the workers didn't organize to operate the plant collectively, but allowed Sullivan to (mysteriously) become CEO.
Kid, 9 years old July 13, 2009

best pixar yet!

I think monsters inc. is a film of magic and surprises. It's a little scary because there jobs are to scare children. But, i love it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byFridaythe13th June 26, 2009

Pixar's Monsters Inc.

I love this movie on of the best Pixar movies, it is funny and the ending is good. It is very good and highly recommend for children! The movie is about Monsters, young children might be scared to watch it at first but it isn't scary, just little children watch it without knowing it is about monsters.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byjedipeter May 22, 2009

Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written byKTDO May 4, 2009

My 4 year old son was scared when he saw the monsters trying to scare the kids, even though he knew the monsters were nice. I think it seemed scary to him to think of being in the kids' place. He has woken us up 4 nights in a row saying he was scared of Monsters Inc., but not about anything specific. Just "the scaring."
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 April 14, 2009

Great movie, but may be scary for young ones.

This is a cute movie. It's about a monster named Sully and his friend named Mike and they work at Monsters Incorporated. It's the monsters' jobs to scare kids. So, this might be a little scary when a child sees a monster coming up from the shadows of a kid's bedroom and scares the kid, if your child is sensitive to these things. The kids scream in terror when they're scared, so kids may be frightened about that too. Anyway, Sully finds a human girl and eventually becomes her friend. I don't want to spoil the rest, but it ends wonderfully. Despite the scary parts, kids will enjoy this movie.
Kid, 12 years old March 28, 2009

Everyone Will Love It!

This is a great movie for kids. There's no real bad stuff in it, and it definitely deserved its G-rating. Go see it.
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Pixar is great

Great movie for the entire family
Parent of a 7 year old Written byeswanson April 9, 2008

funny,witty,adventurous, what more can you ask for?

Adult Written byshera129 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byigssmom April 9, 2008

Charming and funny!

My 2 year old daughter loves each and every character in this movie. She really identified with Boo.
Adult Written byselah April 9, 2008

Great movie...

This is a great movie, nothing too scary, great for young and old alike. There is one part when they are on doors and it looks like they may fall, that scared my at the time 5 year old and it was 2 years before he would watch the movie again. But then again my 4 year old loves the movie and didn't have a problem. So it depends on your child. Except for the one part above, nothing else bothered my kids. We have the DVD and my children watch it all the time (now that the 7 year old got over the falling part).
Adult Written bywahoosigma April 9, 2008

A charming story -- some scary parts need reassuring parental presence

This is a charming story. Boo captures the energy and unconditional acceptance of a preschooler is a charming way. Sully and Mike are great pals and support each other through thick and thin. My 2.5 year old loves the movie but does get scared and has added the phrase scary monsters to his vocabulary. I highly recommend that parents stay with their kids as they watch and reassure them that the monsters will not get them. In a strange way this movie has helped with fears. My son talks about what is and what is not scary now.
Adult Written bymrsrobinson97 April 9, 2008
Educator and Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byklittle April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byschuymarch1 April 9, 2008

One of the best...

This movie is one of the best Pixar movies.
Adult Written byGhcool April 9, 2008