All member reviews for Monsters University

Teen, 16 years old Written bySean Broucek June 20, 2013

Great. Pure Great.

Parents, this clever and fun prequel to the Pixar classic is very entertaining, but adds some more mature content to the mix. There is some scary images, much more than the mix, bullying, and lots of action-packed comical chase scenes. Sexuality is very low, but flirting and kissing are shown briefly. The insults are very mean. There is jerk, failure, idiot, stupid, jerk, you don't belong here, son of a gun, monster, freak, lame, and one hard-to-hear "penis" during a call. In the end, this animated fun college comedy is very good, but meant for bigger kids. Rated PG For Partying, Bullying, Some Scary Images, And Brief Crude Language.
Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2013

Great Film

This film is really good. It has only clean humor and really good graphics. There is a lot of name calling, though, like jerk, idiot, and you don't belong here. Mike does use this to fuel him, though, show it shows how to ignore name calling and turn it into perseverance. Also, they scare little kids.
Kid, 10 years old June 21, 2013

M.U's THE BEST

It is a relly good movie to teach kids to accept people of who they are and to be happy to be you. This also teaches how the bullys always lose and to have good sportsmanship and not cheat Just saw it today and Mike is a excellent role model to live your dreams and fulfill your goals even through lifes obstacles.
Teen, 15 years old Written byskeletonslife441 June 21, 2013

It's better than Monsters Inc.

I like Monsters Inc. growing up. But this is just more awesomer than the first one.
Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2013

Good

I wanna watch this! I hope it's good! EDIT: I saw it and it was awesome!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn June 21, 2013

MUST SEE!!

I haven't watched Monsters University yet, BUT I MUST I WANNA SEE IT SOO BAD!!! The first one was goood but I think this one will be be better. Sully is a huggable furry monsters that kids will love and Mike is so hilarious that everyone will get a laugh from him. The monsters here shouldn't scare kids, they are both cute and funny. I suggest all families see this.
Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd June 21, 2013

better than monsters inc(which is also i pretty good movie too)

The only characters I could picture scaring really young kids are,the really huge old librarian,the flying Dean and the female monsters from the group PNK python nu kappa who's eyes turn red a couple of times in the movie
Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2013

Good Movie

This is a great movie for all ages. It isn't that scary and is very funny. I didnt really like it though. I didn't think it was as good as Monsters Inc. but I still liked it. Great family movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJo86 July 2, 2013

A must-see movie.

Personally, I think it is a great movie. It has some scary parts where the monsters scare children and also includes some name-calling, bullying (pranks), college partying and one kiss. But other than that, it is full of clean humor and it truly is a must-see movie for children and families to enjoy! It's very humorous, fun and has a great moral! You must watch it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byWhales 8741 August 16, 2013

Monster's University

This movie has a powerful message that even an underdog can make the big leagues. It also proves that the power of friendship can form over ever the strongest of enemies, and that teamwork can turn into almost anything including friendship, loyalty, and trust.
Kid, 10 years old August 23, 2013

cool movie
Teen, 17 years old Written bymovie freak15 June 24, 2013

Best Pixar movie yet

I had to watch the first Monsters Inc. movie again and I still love that one. However, I like this one more. I think it's the best Pixar movie yet. Any age can watch it. It had posiotive messages and role models.
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2013

Monsters University

It was a good movie, but I think the original was better. It has positive messages and role models. In each Disney Pixar movie they hint toward and upcoming movie by the same company, such as in Ratatouille they put a shadow of Dug the dog hinting toward Up. In Monsters University, when the MU college student was scaring you can see a plane hinting toward Planes. Their are some scenes in the movie which can make little kids jump but nothing to bad or scary. That's my review.
Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2013

BEST MOVIE EVER!

This is an awesome movie! It had many positive role models- at least, from a child's view, and it was hilarious too!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGaz10 September 17, 2013

Not as good as the original, but still great!

This movie should be fine for anyone although younger ones might find it a tiny bit scary.
Teen, 16 years old Written byOfficial Critic August 14, 2013

Monsters University Review

A charming, family friendly endeavor and, although it falls short of the best Pixar has brought to the screen over its long association with Disney, it's nevertheless worth a trip to the theater, especially for kids.
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2013

"G" Rated Inspirational Comedy For The Whole Family!

This is a great movie. I went to see it yesterday "June 23". It is a very humor filled animated movie that shares inspirational messages in the film when Mike Wazowski learns that it's what's inside that counts, and "Oozma Kappa" learns that we are all made with different strengths and weaknesses and when we work together we can achieve the highest of heights. Monsters University is a "G" rated movie. Very rare to find in a theater nowadays so it does not feature any iffy content. I recommend this movie for everyone.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySARAHA5ME August 23, 2013

Great! :)

This movie is great! it is so family friendly! (unless of course ur trying not to tell your kids about monsters until higher maturity or age) but i personally loved it and so did my mom and little sister, when we saw it in theaters. i personally think this is a perfect movie for families. :)
Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2013

Monsters Awesome!

Monsters University is an entertaining prequel to my all time favorite movie Monsters INC.! Sully comes off at first as not the bad guy but as a trouble maker when Mike comes off as the straight hard working student. In the prequel Mike seems to be the main monster instead of sully which I personally like because we get to see how mike really feels and get to know him better. All together Monsters University was a great movie! Keeping me watching and entertained the whole time. Though I did miss Boo it was a great prequel to Monsters University. It was worth waiting 10 years!
Teen, 16 years old Written byfunkyrooster707 November 9, 2013

horrible

they drink beer and use bad language.Kids shouldn't see people kiss