All teen and kid member reviews for Monsters University

Teen, 16 years old Written bySean Broucek June 20, 2013

Great. Pure Great.

Parents, this clever and fun prequel to the Pixar classic is very entertaining, but adds some more mature content to the mix. There is some scary images, much more than the mix, bullying, and lots of action-packed comical chase scenes. Sexuality is very low, but flirting and kissing are shown briefly. The insults are very mean. There is jerk, failure, idiot, stupid, jerk, you don't belong here, son of a gun, monster, freak, lame, and one hard-to-hear "penis" during a call. In the end, this animated fun college comedy is very good, but meant for bigger kids. Rated PG For Partying, Bullying, Some Scary Images, And Brief Crude Language.
Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2013

Great Film

This film is really good. It has only clean humor and really good graphics. There is a lot of name calling, though, like jerk, idiot, and you don't belong here. Mike does use this to fuel him, though, show it shows how to ignore name calling and turn it into perseverance. Also, they scare little kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd June 21, 2013

better than monsters inc(which is also i pretty good movie too)

The only characters I could picture scaring really young kids are,the really huge old librarian,the flying Dean and the female monsters from the group PNK python nu kappa who's eyes turn red a couple of times in the movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bySARAHA5ME August 23, 2013

Great! :)

This movie is great! it is so family friendly! (unless of course ur trying not to tell your kids about monsters until higher maturity or age) but i personally loved it and so did my mom and little sister, when we saw it in theaters. i personally think this is a perfect movie for families. :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byJo86 July 2, 2013

A must-see movie.

Personally, I think it is a great movie. It has some scary parts where the monsters scare children and also includes some name-calling, bullying (pranks), college partying and one kiss. But other than that, it is full of clean humor and it truly is a must-see movie for children and families to enjoy! It's very humorous, fun and has a great moral! You must watch it!
Kid, 10 years old June 25, 2013

Not What We Expected But Still Good

I do agree that this prequel has lots of humor, positive messages, and great ties to Monsters Inc. But what I found when I went to see this film with my family was that it was slightly dark and would definitely frighten young viewers at some points in the film. The head of MU is quite a grim character that reminded me of a ant/bat/centipede. My family also agreed that the "dolls" that the college students practice their scaring with are very creepy looking. They look like old, giant, bald baby dolls that vaguely resemble skeletons. These two things made a 10 year old feel a bit uncomfortable. One last disappointing thing about this film was the whole show revolves around the "Scare Games" which are a series of dangerous events that prove which team has the best scaring skills. That might be interesting for you, but my family was hoping for more of a college feel than a "lets see who's top dog" kind of thing. However, this prequel does offer very important messages about bullying, self confidence, making friends, and the key to success is working hard.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymovie freak15 June 24, 2013

Best Pixar movie yet

I had to watch the first Monsters Inc. movie again and I still love that one. However, I like this one more. I think it's the best Pixar movie yet. Any age can watch it. It had posiotive messages and role models.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydanny 7000 August 23, 2015

monsters university is a good movie

i think monsters university is a amazing movie but its not a kids movie its very family freindly but it is aimed at college aged Adults Disney doesent just make movies for kids with that being said monsters university is aimed at college aged adults and still is a very family freindly film and i dont reccomend it for anyone under the age of 7
Kid, 8 years old June 21, 2015

Amazing family film has some scares,scary action,and some sad scenes.

My rating:PG for intense violence.
Kid, 8 years old January 30, 2015

I think its a great movie

It has a lot of drama and at the end I learned a lesson never stop believing in your self you may not be the best but you may be the smartest and best plan maker and I like how they sum that up all in just one little movie and it isn't scary
Teen, 13 years old Written by4.26.14 December 2, 2014

Very interesting and funny

Monsters University is a good movie for people who like weird monsters and comedy at the same time. The movie wasn't very violent at all. The movie is not at crying- laughing kind of movie but it is humorous at times. There are two main character(Sully and Mike) They are roommates and they have to go through the struggles of college together. Watch it to see how they do!:)
Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2014

I found it disappointing

Violence- 1 (Full of un-scary monsters)
Teen, 13 years old Written byABCand123 September 29, 2014

cool

cool
Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2014

Monsters University

This movie is great for the family. Funny scenes that little kids would laugh to. No corse language no violence a part from roaring, screaming etc. A tiny bit of scariness just monsters roaring, hissing and scaring. There are great messages such as if you put effort into something you will achieve it or never give up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjavierewe June 4, 2014

OKAY SHOW

GREAt ROLe MODELs In THIs MOVIe.
Kid, 5 years old April 23, 2014

a little long

but i still liked it!
Kid, 11 years old April 20, 2014

Monsters Back In Time

The movie is good but not the best. If this came out before Monsters Inc., this would be 4 stars and the Monsters Inc. would be 5. So, right now, it was much more disappointing because in this movie, there is a lot of bullying, fighting, and more. Monsters also even try to hurt each other. Another note, in 3D, this movie is much more violent seeming. Overall, this movie is not bad or not good. That is really all I can say about this movie right now.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFriendlyReviewer April 8, 2014

Nice Animation With Moral Values

Awesome Story, Nice Animation And Contains Moral Values..
Teen, 14 years old Written by8 mile March 17, 2014

amazing movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byMediaExpert February 28, 2014

Family Movie Night For All Ages

Great funny movie! It's a prequel to the famous Monsters Inc. it's a very cute funny movie for children 4-10. Teens and Parents, it's bare able and entertaining to watch. It's provides a great message to not cheat, do good in school, college life, friendship, teamwork , and work-ethic. Very fun movie for movie night and you can watch again and again! I'd recommend it!