All member reviews for Monsters University

Teen, 13 years old Written byWhales 8741 August 16, 2013

Monster's University

This movie has a powerful message that even an underdog can make the big leagues. It also proves that the power of friendship can form over ever the strongest of enemies, and that teamwork can turn into almost anything including friendship, loyalty, and trust.
Teen, 16 years old Written byOfficial Critic August 14, 2013

Monsters University Review

A charming, family friendly endeavor and, although it falls short of the best Pixar has brought to the screen over its long association with Disney, it's nevertheless worth a trip to the theater, especially for kids.
Kid, 9 years old August 11, 2013

PREQUAL OF THE SUMMER

Really good music! Teaches kids to belive in there self. Also really funny.
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2013

Kind of like an animated teen movie with monsters!

I know age 7 is a little high rated but there is a scene where Scully and Mike try to scare humans and its like a scene on a horror movie but then again the audience do know that Mike and Scully are the ones setting the scare traps.
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2013

Bad. Good. Not as good as the first.

I was truly disappointed with this movie's story. The monsters (Most of them. The Librarian actually looked creepy.) are cartoonish and fine for young viewers. Though, in one scene, the monsters try to scare grown ups, and try doing supernatural things. (E.g: Curtains fluttering, shadows moving quickly, talking dolls.) Plus the Librarian monster looks very scary for very young viewers. (It has wrinkly skin and... Well, teeth.) 4+
Kid, 9 years old August 8, 2013

butter baby

Kid, 12 years old August 8, 2013

Clever

Its for kids. There just only one scary moment when Sulley and Mike scare the hell out of a group of policeman. Overall, the film is funny and clever.
Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2013

age apropriate reviews

I think this cartoon is appropriate for children 7 and up but not under because there are some words
Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2013

Tons of heart, humor, and scares in fun animated story

This is top-notch animated, hilarious entertainment from start to finish. There are positive messages in this friendly, heart warming story. The characters are compelling and there is some action.
Kid, 7 years old July 21, 2013

ROCCOS REVIEW

I LOVE THE MOVIE I CANT WAIT UNTIL ITS OUT ON DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byDominicboo1 July 21, 2013

Prequel is Cute, but Somewhat Scarier than The Original.

Monsters University is a pretty cute movie, and is one of Pixar's better movies in recent years. However it does have a few more scares than Monsters Inc. because of the character Dean Hardscrabble. While she isn't a true villian, she has a frightening appearance and might startle young children. The librarian scene might also upset kids as she's quite large, and menacing towards monsters that make noise. Mike is a particuarly good role model in this movie by working hard and doing his best to help the other monsters even though they're not particularly scary. The best part of the movies are the cameos from other characters including Roz, the Abominable Snowman, and a photo of Mr. Waternoose. Randall's change from Mike's best friend to villain is interesting, but unfortuantely we don't see how he met Fungus, or how Mike fell in love with Celia as they don't appear in the movie. That being said Monsters University is a fun movie that all ages should enjoy.
Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2013

Monsters Awesome!

Monsters University is an entertaining prequel to my all time favorite movie Monsters INC.! Sully comes off at first as not the bad guy but as a trouble maker when Mike comes off as the straight hard working student. In the prequel Mike seems to be the main monster instead of sully which I personally like because we get to see how mike really feels and get to know him better. All together Monsters University was a great movie! Keeping me watching and entertained the whole time. Though I did miss Boo it was a great prequel to Monsters University. It was worth waiting 10 years!
Kid, 11 years old July 15, 2013

PIXARS RETURN :D

after 12 years 12 YEARS!! we finally get another monsters inc movie and how is it well i LOVED it and it is fine for kids 5 and up. the movie is obviously centered around scaring kids but it is not that scary but it will probably frighten small children. the language is just insults like "jerk" "failure" "lame" and you don't belong here. it has some positive messages about friendship and teamwork. anyway i loved this movie and it made up for cars 2 and brave
Teen, 13 years old Written byK bug July 15, 2013

Go see it

This was a great movie. It was very relatable because it was set in a college setting. Most of the characters care deeply for each other but there are occasional mean kids. I LOVED this movie go see it!!
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2013

Super Suspenseful

I saw this movie yesterday with high hopes, and I was not disappointed. Of course I imagined that this would be more for younger kids, but I was pleasantly surprised to find how entertaining and attention drawing it was! It was VERY suspenseful and I found myself chewing (Yes, chewing) all of my nail polish off. The reason I'm not suggesting this for younger kids (Below 6) is because of that suspense, and at the end it's very sad. There was maybe a four or a five year old in the front row that I heard start crying at around that part, and that's not good! It's not really that fair for me to say that there's sex and language in it, because the "sex" is just a little kiss, maybe for a millisecond, and the language is just "Jerk", "Idiot", "You don't belong here", etc. Mike is definitely a great role model and this movie will teach kids to follow their dreams, no matter what stands in their way. I definitely recommend this. Smiley face!
Teen, 13 years old Written byminecraftdude123 July 13, 2013

monster mash

pixar has done it again another great movie.great strory
Teen, 16 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 July 10, 2013

Perfect.

In my Monsters Inc. review, I said I was looking forward this this film. I was expecting an awesome movie, and guess what? It was EXACTLY what I expected. It was so funny. In my opinion, the funniest part was when the slug thought he was going to be late for school, he was running, but he didn't go anywhere. That was so funny. The CGI and acting were great as well. This is very funny and colorful. Go see it.
Kid, 11 years old July 9, 2013

Educational

Ok I'm 11 and I saw it. I wanted to see if it was good or not and it caused me to do a 3-star. Sorry but Disney is sort of losing their touch. Disney did buy Pixar right? Other than that it is perfectly fine for little kids and Mike and Sulley are good role-models. Mike learns that you can't expect to be the best. You have to work at it. Sulley learned that just because you were born from a big family name doesn't excuse you from any of the work. So educational and little kids would enjoy it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNASCAR101 July 8, 2013

MOVIE ON THE BIG SCREEN

i wanna see this so badly it's not even funny
Teen, 13 years old Written byNarwhalLover13 July 6, 2013