All member reviews for Monsters vs. Aliens

Homage to '50s alien flicks too intense for youngest kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 17, 2011

Good movie, but some sensuality and violence and language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymasonlackey January 15, 2011

love it!

oh my goodness for a kids movie i wasnt expecting much but now i am proud to declare this as one of my favorite movies my little bro's new all time fav and a great movie thats worth checking out!
Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2011

Awesome!

Great movie! But some scary 3D scenes for little kids and the word "boobies" is a very bad word.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byBeaner4 January 4, 2010

More for parents than kids

Not for younger viewers. Too much of a sense of menace and danger, even in most of the milder scenes. I got a kick out of it, but my son asked to turn it off (loudly).
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2011

Okay for everyone, except for the very young

This movie is okay for children over 7. Children under 7 should watch this with an adult as there are some scary portains. Babies and Toddlers should avoid this movie at all costs.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byJaydensMommy February 10, 2011

Great fun!

My son loves this movie. It's got just enough action to keep him entertained, but not too much as to scare him. He enjoys the creative characters and laughs throughout the whole thing. This movie is CONSTANTLY in the dvd player. He has the darn thing memorized!
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2010

Good Movie

Pretty funny movie, its not amazingly good, but its average.
Kid, 12 years old June 15, 2010

I likes!

Very nice movie love how the girl shows how she can change the world being a girl and all.....
Teen, 14 years old Written byHPfan123 August 22, 2011

1 *

The story was as weak as could be but good for kids who like this kind of stuff
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 23, 2011

Monsters Vs. Aliens Vs. Bare Butts

As "sexy stuff" I think there was really disguisting stuff that shouldn't be in a PG movie such as a guy showing his bare butt right before entering a lab. Sure it's funny, but it seems a bit PG-13-ish. Other than that bare butt, the rating's pretty much good.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana March 2, 2011

funny movie

i found this movie(especially BOB) to be hilarious!
Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. February 27, 2011

Check out my page for more great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeagles4ever December 14, 2010

FUNNY MOVIE!

I love BOB, he is a funny character. Nothing too intense, just a little violence, just like a regular PG movie would have. Any age can see this it is pretty funny.
Adult Written byDr.Pepper November 8, 2010

Plenty of action that might be scary for little kids.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byjoannab July 11, 2010

Parent of a 14 year old Written byTsion April 5, 2010

Clever and Funny, And Kid-Friendly!

MONSTERS vs. ALIENS is a good movie. It's funny and charming. However, it is also emotionally distant. I found myself wishing that the writers took some time out of gags and invested it into the characters and plot. That would have made it a much better movie. However, the bright side is that it is kid-friendly. Some parts of the film are intense, but whatever mild violence there is is softened by humor. There are plenty of slapstick falls and situations, but it's all mild. Guns and explosions are prominent, but it's all cartoony and for the most part, no one gets hurt. One monster is hurt pretty badly, but ends up all right in the end. There is no language as I could recall, except for one slang use of "boobs". No sexual content at all. Positive messages pervade the film. Although the President and other leaders are shown as imbeciles for comedic effect, the main characters promote acceptance, tolerance, mercy, and teamwork.
Parent of a 2 and 6 year old Written byevaallen January 19, 2010

Just wanted to warn parents that the beginning of the movie, when Susan quickly grows enormous during her wedding can be scary for younger children, primarily because of the emotional distress the character displays during the process, and because she is then taken away from her family against her will. She's fine in the end, of course, and the later scenes of violence and threat to the entire earth didn't phase her at all, but my 6-year-old had nightmares for several nights about the separation from parents/abduction aspect.
Adult Written bynduns December 19, 2009

First of all, I'm not the kind of person who downrates a movie for being "inappropriate"

I believe that as long as it's not too gory, it's okay for kids. However, I just don't see the appeal this movie has. I feel it could very well be one of the most overrated Dreamworks films ever. It's funny in some areas, but most of the humor is predictable. It's like dreamworks focused more on the humor than the actual story and what we got was just okay. Suzan was underdeveloped and the other characters aren't all that likeable. In fact, this felt more like a "shove every pop culture reference possible in our faces" kind of deal. I truly feel that had Dreamworks worked a better story around it all, it would have been great, but for what it is, it's okay and nothing more.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 March 8, 2015

Independence Day meets Dreamworks.

Teen, 16 years old Written byPinkarray February 7, 2015

I don't see what the big fuss is all about with this movie

I think this is one of Dreamwork's best films, though not as good as Shrek, and I recommend this one. There are some annoying and underdeveloped characters but the main characters are endearing with the least liked being Insectosaurus. I don't understand how she came back to life and turned into a butterfly. It tells a story using characters from B-movies in a pretty original way and Ginormica is nearly one of the best animated characters. It's also funny and dramatic. But at least the humor is not too overdone. I wish it was longer, there could've been more drama. It has a great message about being different, though the monsters scaring people thing is preachy.