All member reviews for Monte Carlo

Silly but sweet travel comedy says to be true to yourself.

Teen, 13 years old Written bydoodlebuggy(: July 27, 2011

Sweet, Romantic Chick-Flick for Young Girls!

Aww this is just such a cute movie! But in my opinion, it's only meant for tweens and teens, no young 8 year old girls. I went and saw this with my friend today because I am such a Selena fan! She was fabulous and admirable in this movie. The movie shows great responsibility when it comes to being an adult and that anything is possible as long as you stick to it. There are quite a few kissing scenes, but they're light and just pecks. This is THE must-see movie for girls if they're looking for that one light chick-flick/happy-ever-after kind of ending to a movie. (: LOVED IT! <3<3
Parent Written byCrescent May 20, 2012

Not what I expected

We try to teach our kids not to lie, but then someone makes a movie with their fave actress/actor deceiving others. For a kid that watched Selena Gomez on the Disney Channel before this movie, I'd say this is a huge leap. It's very upsetting that in most of these "chick flick lite" movies, the women are stumbling upon strange men to fall in love. When our kids see this, they in return begin to lower their guard around strangers. This is very dangerous. I, also, found the clothing of these girls to be too promiscuous sometimes, especially from the co-stars. Movies ( even those supposedly for youngsters) are just getting more profane and provocative. Younger people are still learning what right/wrong is. When we give them a right thing in a wrong way, they absorb it all. They need extra help along the way. And that clock cannot be turned back. With all the adult situations and partying, your kids are better off playing outside and enjoying what innocence and happiness they still have left.
Parent Written bymagicjazzygirl January 8, 2013

Monte Carlo

This is a lovely film I think you should be about 9 and over to watch this film. It is a movie for girly girls who love Paris,fashion and shoes!!! My daughter loves it she is 11 years old. It is quite a funny film!
Kid, 10 years old July 25, 2011

Good but...

Some language but overall a good movie
Parent of a 17 year old Written bymahims_ne July 7, 2011
Parent Written byLucinaPshegubj December 15, 2012

It's a good movie for kids

Though it's a rip off of Hilary Duff's "Lizzie McQuire Movie" but it's still a good girlie movie
Adult Written bysynphany July 4, 2012

rated pg

it is okay for children
Teen, 13 years old Written bycinnagurl July 10, 2011

good movie

emma says oh sh*t. meg says a** i thought it was going 2 be more like a disney thing bu i think it was more for tweens than young girls.
Kid, 10 years old August 2, 2011

A little disappointing. OK

I actually thought the movie was going to have less romance and more to do with the impersonation, but I was wrong. I was a little disappointed because I am a big Selena Gomez fan and I was hoping it wasn't another cheesy cinderella impersonation tale. The rest of the movie was good, but some parts you gets really confused on what's happening, especially with the auction and all the fund-raisers. The movie is more like a fairytale like romance movie. if you are into that stuff, go and see it. If you are more of a realistic person like I am, then you probably don't want to go. Too much romance .
Teen, 16 years old Written bylol x July 4, 2011

Is Monte Carlo really suitable?

I recently went to watch Monte Carlo with my little sister Emily. We both are big Selena Gomez fans & it may have some infrequent language such as: cr*p,a**,j*rk but no eyebrow raising things.The romance in this movie is mild; with some short sweet kisses but nothing over the top. I would say the movie was officially meant for teens & tweens but if you can trust your child & you know wont pick anything up from this movie then I say you can go watch it. I think you could say it is 10-11+ (if you can trust your child that is)or PG. Like i said previously, nothing over the top. Its a good movie (I'm not just saying that because I'm a Selena Gomez fan) & i would recommend it. You'll enjoy :) x
Teen, 16 years old Written bycraftygirl202 August 14, 2011

Good Message, Good Movie

We watched it a few weeks ago and my little sister (10) LOVED it! She said that she'd love to have the DVD and watch it again and again! A few mild words and a few sweet kisses, but not really inappropriate. I liked it too, and I'm sixteen! It had the message, "stay true to yourself," and don't pretend to be someone else!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydisneyfan1016 July 27, 2011

copy of lizzie mcgurie movie which is "cleaner

Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2011

Was okaaaayyy...

It was a little childish, a total chick-flick.
Adult Written byfreedphoenix July 9, 2011

Excellent, but...

I took my little sister (11) to see this and we both highly enjoyed it. Monte Carlo was cute and lighthearted, an excellent way to spend a few summer hours. The only issue was after the movie, when my sister asked why Meg went off with Riley, and wasn't that bad? That might also come up for you, I don't know. Overall, a throughly enjoyable movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMillyMolly January 6, 2012

Cute movie :)

I really enjoyed this movie, I am a fan of Selena Gomez, and most of her movies, and this one is really cute too. It was actually better than I expected. I really liked the actors chosen too :)
Kid, 11 years old November 18, 2011

A Cute Tween Movie

I just finished this movie. It was predictable, but sweet, and if you sat down to watch it, this movie would be quite worth your time. Language is minor (cr**, *ss, hoochie, "frak" [used in place of the f-word], and a gesture meaning, "Kiss my *ss" ), and there is noticeable product placement. The sexual content is low, though there is some. Overall, "Monte Carlo" is a sweet, fun film for tweens about being yourself and seizing the moment.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byMom and movie lover July 18, 2011

Perfect Tween/teen mistaken identity adventure romp!

Monte Carlo is a charming tween/teen movie! It is a fun, mistaken identity movie about 3 girls who start off not necessarily liking each other. They grow to accept each other during the course of the movie and each has their own different happy ending. The best part of this movie is NO SWEARING, NO NUDITY, NO SEXUAL SCENES or INNUDENOS, NO SMOKING, DRINKING or DRUGS!!!!! This is what movies are supposed to be about for this tween/early teen age -- fun, adventure, foreign places, and some life lessons! Perfect for the tween/teen set (and me too) and I wish there were more movies like this with today's stars!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymumtaz July 12, 2011

original review

Its a nice movie for ones aged above 10. I found the movie to be sweet and hilarious..
Teen, 13 years old Written byonyxprincess July 3, 2011

Mostly clean movie with good role models

There were really good role models, and yes the girls do do something illegal, but they all at one point or another realize it's wrong and try to fix it. There is quite a few kisses, but all very short and I've seen worse on Disney Channel. As for language, it's very mild with one use of a** and one use of c**p, both used briefly and by Meg, played by Leighton Miesser (I'm pretty sure I spelled her name wrong) It wasn't the best movie, but better than I expected and worth the money if you're looking for something to do on a summer afternoon.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMysterious_ballerina July 2, 2011

It's ok...just ok, predictable though.

My cousins dragged me to see this annoying chick flick today and let me say it's not as childish as I thought it would be mild use of ad language e.g, ass, crap, hoochie. The girls all fall in love, even though Emma isn't the best role model she was probably more of a role model then Meg who until the end is uptight and boring. It's a very predictable movie and I don't recommend it.