All member reviews for Monte Carlo

Silly but sweet travel comedy says to be true to yourself.

Teen, 13 years old Written bydoodlebuggy(: July 27, 2011

Sweet, Romantic Chick-Flick for Young Girls!

Aww this is just such a cute movie! But in my opinion, it's only meant for tweens and teens, no young 8 year old girls. I went and saw this with my friend today because I am such a Selena fan! She was fabulous and admirable in this movie. The movie shows great responsibility when it comes to being an adult and that anything is possible as long as you stick to it. There are quite a few kissing scenes, but they're light and just pecks. This is THE must-see movie for girls if they're looking for that one light chick-flick/happy-ever-after kind of ending to a movie. (: LOVED IT! <3<3
Kid, 10 years old July 25, 2011

Good but...

Some language but overall a good movie
Teen, 16 years old Written byMysterious_ballerina July 2, 2011

It's ok...just ok, predictable though.

My cousins dragged me to see this annoying chick flick today and let me say it's not as childish as I thought it would be mild use of ad language e.g, ass, crap, hoochie. The girls all fall in love, even though Emma isn't the best role model she was probably more of a role model then Meg who until the end is uptight and boring. It's a very predictable movie and I don't recommend it.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byMom and movie lover July 18, 2011

Perfect Tween/teen mistaken identity adventure romp!

Monte Carlo is a charming tween/teen movie! It is a fun, mistaken identity movie about 3 girls who start off not necessarily liking each other. They grow to accept each other during the course of the movie and each has their own different happy ending. The best part of this movie is NO SWEARING, NO NUDITY, NO SEXUAL SCENES or INNUDENOS, NO SMOKING, DRINKING or DRUGS!!!!! This is what movies are supposed to be about for this tween/early teen age -- fun, adventure, foreign places, and some life lessons! Perfect for the tween/teen set (and me too) and I wish there were more movies like this with today's stars!
Teen, 16 years old Written bylol x July 4, 2011

Is Monte Carlo really suitable?

I recently went to watch Monte Carlo with my little sister Emily. We both are big Selena Gomez fans & it may have some infrequent language such as: cr*p,a**,j*rk but no eyebrow raising things.The romance in this movie is mild; with some short sweet kisses but nothing over the top. I would say the movie was officially meant for teens & tweens but if you can trust your child & you know wont pick anything up from this movie then I say you can go watch it. I think you could say it is 10-11+ (if you can trust your child that is)or PG. Like i said previously, nothing over the top. Its a good movie (I'm not just saying that because I'm a Selena Gomez fan) & i would recommend it. You'll enjoy :) x
Kid, 10 years old July 1, 2011

Awesome

I just saw this movie today, and it I LOVED it. There was one use when Meg said this tour is a**, and Emma gestures to Meg "Kiss my a**!" Overall Emma isn't a very good role modle, she gets the other girls into a problem and at one point doesn't have a steady relationship, she goes on a date and dances with another man. Meg is a good role modle most of the time, she knows were to stop and when she will get caught. Grace is probably the most normal girl. She has fun and sometimes it gets her into trouble, SPOILER yet she comes clean about her crime and still works for the charity. I love this movie and I strongly suggest it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWonderBuono! July 3, 2011

Sweet, mostly clean film for girls

This was a very nice, heartwarming film about finding yourself. Probably the worst thing in the film was Meg using the a-word, but other than that, it was pretty safe! Even with all the romance it never went any farther than a few sweet kisses. It's definitely a chick-flick, and mainly focuses on the girls' relationships, so some younger kids might not find it very interesting. Recommended for tween and teen girls, but OK for kids a little younger. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byonyxprincess July 3, 2011

Mostly clean movie with good role models

There were really good role models, and yes the girls do do something illegal, but they all at one point or another realize it's wrong and try to fix it. There is quite a few kisses, but all very short and I've seen worse on Disney Channel. As for language, it's very mild with one use of a** and one use of c**p, both used briefly and by Meg, played by Leighton Miesser (I'm pretty sure I spelled her name wrong) It wasn't the best movie, but better than I expected and worth the money if you're looking for something to do on a summer afternoon.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAshinthehouse July 6, 2011

good pretty clean movie

theres lots of firting and the girls all have boyfriends, and a little bit of language not bad tho all in all maybe a little liffy for younger kids.
Adult Written byfreedphoenix July 9, 2011

Excellent, but...

I took my little sister (11) to see this and we both highly enjoyed it. Monte Carlo was cute and lighthearted, an excellent way to spend a few summer hours. The only issue was after the movie, when my sister asked why Meg went off with Riley, and wasn't that bad? That might also come up for you, I don't know. Overall, a throughly enjoyable movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycinnagurl July 10, 2011

good movie

emma says oh sh*t. meg says a** i thought it was going 2 be more like a disney thing bu i think it was more for tweens than young girls.
Kid, 10 years old July 1, 2011

great movie

its a great movie
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2011

Cute!

Besides wine in the movie, there is no problem whatsoever really. They do say some words like stupid, that you child may not be able to use, but overall great family movie. It says to be true to yourself.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymumtaz July 12, 2011

original review

Its a nice movie for ones aged above 10. I found the movie to be sweet and hilarious..
Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2011

Awesome movie

Ithink it was funny and cute although there are sometimes where there sounds like bad launguage is placed but it isnt
Teen, 16 years old Written bycraftygirl202 August 14, 2011

Good Message, Good Movie

We watched it a few weeks ago and my little sister (10) LOVED it! She said that she'd love to have the DVD and watch it again and again! A few mild words and a few sweet kisses, but not really inappropriate. I liked it too, and I'm sixteen! It had the message, "stay true to yourself," and don't pretend to be someone else!
Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2011

Was okaaaayyy...

It was a little childish, a total chick-flick.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bymahims_ne July 7, 2011

Teen, 14 years old Written byFabulousMe July 13, 2011

Awesome chick flick!

Yet again a movie with very few good messages, but no horribly bad ones. Seems like this is all you see in PG movies lately...... But overall REALLY cute!!! I saw it with my dad, and even he liked it. Yes there is ONE use of a**, but not two like some people said. Yes Emma does GESTURE it, but a younger child wouldn't understand it. Overall I recommend seeing it, as one of the few good PG movies out there at the moment.
Kid, 11 years old November 18, 2011

A Cute Tween Movie

I just finished this movie. It was predictable, but sweet, and if you sat down to watch it, this movie would be quite worth your time. Language is minor (cr**, *ss, hoochie, "frak" [used in place of the f-word], and a gesture meaning, "Kiss my *ss" ), and there is noticeable product placement. The sexual content is low, though there is some. Overall, "Monte Carlo" is a sweet, fun film for tweens about being yourself and seizing the moment.