All member reviews for Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 October 12, 2009

Most people seem to like this film the best out of all the Python films. I personally liked "Life Of Brian" more and have not seen "Meaning Of Life" yet. Don't let the PG-rating fool you. It's at least a hard PG-13. It's fairly violent and bloody, there are sexual references and I believe I heard about 1 use of the f-word. If you removed the nudity from "Life Of Brian", it would actually be tamer than this film imo. If your let your kids watch violent films, then you will have no problem with this one.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjulius beetroot August 5, 2012

I was appalled by the level of violence and offensive jokes in this movie!!!

I was really excited to watch this movie with my friends. I knew there would be some violence and inappropriate jokes, but I figured I could get past those and enjoy the movie. What I saw appalled me! The first few minutes were quite entertaining, but then stuff started happening like a man going through a village with a cart collecting dead people. Funny? I don't think so. The violence never stops either. A historian gets his throat slit by a knight riding by on a horse and his wife runs out to see if he can still be okay, a misinformed knight runs through a wedding party and randomly kills innocent people, you hear it mentioned that King Arthur and his knights ate his minstrels. This movie isn't only violently and inappropriately offensive( I luckily missed most of the inappropriate scene), it's offensive to religion. Monks are seen walking through the street hitting themselves in the head with planks. A man eating bunny gets ceremoniously blown up with "the holy hand grenade." I called my mom and asked her to pick me up( which she luckily did) before the movie had even finished! Please do yourself and your kids a favor by saying no to Monty Python!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySafemancam001 November 22, 2011

Great PG-13ish British comedy

Great movie, very funny. Weather you like it or not depends on weather you like British humor. The best scene has to be the Bridge of Doom scene. LOL. By today's standard's the movie is PG-13. It has some bad language, but I bet a lot of kids older than 9 have heard the words before. The part that I would say is off for 11 and under is the part where in a castle full of virgins one says they each want to give oral sex to Sir Galahad. Nothing happens though because Sir Galahad is "recued" by Sir Lancelot, I believe. Great movie, very funny, if you like British humor you should watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 6, 2011

I pity whoever can stop laughing.

My rating: PG-13 for some language, bloody comic violence, and for satirical humor throughout including some double entendres and innuendo.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybobbeta30 June 1, 2010

: D

Hilarious! One of the funniest movies I've seen in my life! That rabbit was a bit scary, though. The only problem I had with I was that castle full of girls. That part was kind of weird watching it with my 9-year-old brother.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarky'sReviews July 11, 2014

It's A Comedy Classic But Not For Those Under 10

I watched this in history class as part of an end of term treat and I think all of us had a good time but I don't think I'll showing this to my sisters anytime soon. Not only was the humor slightly too mature for third graders, the gags were basically nonstop, making it rather difficult to digest what is happening onscreen all at once. As the story is basically parodying the legends of the Holy Grail and King Arthur, it's obvious that there is going to be some bloodshed slipped into the feature but the blood here is so fake, it's not much of a big deal. Probably the only real questionable scene, that pretty much everyone else has brought up as well, is the one where Sir Galahad comes across a castle filled with female virgins desiring to be spanked. As an almost 14 year old, even I had a hard time figuring out what was exactly going on in that scene but it was clear that those ladies were desperate to have sex and near the end of that scene, the S word is used once. But this movie will have your entire family quoting all of the funny bits for a LONG time, so it's definitely worth the plunge if you have teens by your side. ON: 13+ IFFY: 10-12 OFF: 0-9
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2013

Holy Grail

Ok except for fake gore and a sexual offer.
Kid, 10 years old November 3, 2012

Something completely different, but outstanding

I have to say that this may be the first proper review from this section here. I've watched this film in full on my PSP (I have it as an disc), and I must say it DESERVES to be on every single Top *insert number here* Comedy film lists, and it may be inappropriate for me, but I need to say this: "i'm 9 years old and what is this? i know" The film's humor may not make all people laugh, but for those who like surreal humour, it will, completely. Even though there is an 30% amount of violence and sex references, I almost need to consider this the best comedy film of the 1970's! (that teenagers can watch)
Teen, 13 years old Written bysarahzazzle January 7, 2012

Great!

This was my FAV movie when I was 5! some of the humor flys over kids heads. Love it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysoxson November 24, 2011

EVERYONE HAS 2 SEE THIS!!!!

the whole world HAS to see this movie. i LOVE the part where the french knights are taunting king arthur and is yelling stuff like "I will fart in your general direction!" i liked also the killer rabbit and the knight who say NI and the 3 headed giants knights
Teen, 16 years old Written byBrendan Conway March 9, 2011

Saw this in school and was funny
Teen, 13 years old Written byRevampedstone0 March 16, 2014

Funny

Great for anyone over 10. Many sexual references and fake blood but it is not over done.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDearos August 11, 2011

A classic.

It's Monty Python. That should be enough for any review but that wouldn't be very interesting now would it? Monty Python and the Holy Grail is probably their best work it is funny, edgy and insanely silly. There are so many great scenes and lines in this film it's amazing. If you don't like this film then I must say that your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. You probably even think coconuts migrate don't you?
Kid, 12 years old June 20, 2011

Great movie

It's a great movie. There is some sexual talking but nothing happens.
Kid, 12 years old May 1, 2011

it was pretty funny, but kinda edgy
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolbrees09 March 22, 2011

some violence, fake blood, but other than that, wicked funny
Kid, 11 years old February 9, 2011

Good

Super stuptid but entertaning plot with very unrealstic fake blood cusses including basterds and s-it be aware
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2011

A twist to the tale of King Arthur

This movie is hilarious! There is a lot of blood but you can tell it is fake. Moderate cursing. In one scene women asked to be spanked. Other than that, the movie is fine. An exceptionally funny movie that deserves a 5/5!
Kid, 9 years old April 11, 2015

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I love this movie!It's SO funny! I was laughing the whole time! My favorite part was the majestic moose. Now let's talk about the downs. (Caution: Some spoilers) First, the ending. The ending was so bad! The actors got arrested by the police, and the police broke the camera. After that, there was just a black screen with annoying organ music playing in the background. Awful ending for such a good movie. Now, the background music for majestic moose. CREEPY!! After I watch that scene, it haunts me in my sleep. If you don't believe me, go to YouTube and type: monty python and the holy grail opening credits. OK, that's it. Go along with your day.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 February 8, 2015

The Knights of the Round Table have their dumbest adventure, ever.

This hilarious adventure has jokes for teens and up, and lots of sexual talk in one scene (perhaps some homophobia, but almost unnoticeable). There is violence, but it is cartoony and unrealistic (similar to TF2). Overall, if you're used to this sort of comedy, go for it :D