All parent member reviews for Movie 43

Adult Written bychristian2011 June 20, 2013

Very bad, overly exaggerated, and incredibly vulgar. Not for anyone actually.

Movie 43 was a major shock, literally, and definitely not in a good way. The over-the-top sexual content and humor in this movie was depraved, disgusting and not even the slightest bit funny. There's explicit references and implications towards scatology (defecation), bestiality (people having sex with animals), disturbing incest themes (parents involving sexual acts with their own children), rape, molestation, and a baby gets involved in a very crude situation involving genitals. The profanity was over-the-top and vulgar, pervasive uses of the words f**k, motherf**ker, godd**n, c**k, c**t, sh*t, n*gger, d**k, p*ssy, and other constant crude name calling. There's also graphic nudity (breasts, genitals, pubic hair) involved in some of the sexual acts and crude stunts shown. There are a few scenes involving underage drinking and partying. Movie 43 is a huge waste of time and the humor was incredibly exaggerated and disgusting and the sexual acts depicted and shown even involves young children, which was totally wrong and unreasonable, and will definitely offend and upset most viewers.
Parent of a 2, 4, 7, 14, and 15 year old Written byDoYouLikeMyOpinions November 3, 2013

Calm Down

You people need to stop freaking out about this movie. It's rated R for a reason. It shouldn't even be reviewed on this site because it's obviously not a family movie. Why are you all making such a big fuss about it being bad for children? It's not even made for children so calm down.
Parent Written byjpschouest June 19, 2013

Very Bad Movie

Terrible, don't waste your time, definitely don't let your kids around this movie.
Adult Written byFighter2425 January 27, 2013

Give me a break...

Let me start by saying this: this movie is obscene, offensive, disgusting, and has no plot whatsoever. That being said, it's hilarious. Does every comedy really have to have some stupid crummy message to cram down our throats? Aren't we, as movie goers, allowed to have a rest from all of the constant mellow-drama cinema constantly throws at us? This movie is for those who just want to laugh. This movie is a big middle finger to people who think all movies need a message. The makers of this movie got together and just said "Why make a funny movie and ruin it with a message that doesn't fit in with the rest of the movie? Let's just make a funny movie- end of story." And this movie does just that. It's funny, it constantly pushes the envelope, and it goes to a place most movies wouldn't dare to go- the land of no plot. So, Common Sense Media, before you try to tell people a movie isn't good because it doesn't have emotion, don't forget the point of this movie- to make people laugh.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 April 4, 2015

As bad as you've heard it is

Even as a film buff I don't consider myself a glutton for punishment. I'm not one of those midnight movie dudes who goes to bad B movies for fun. I see movies because I want to see them or I hear they're good. Well here is the exception. I heard "Movie 43" was capital G garbage, but I wanted to watch just out of sheer curiosity of how revolting people had made it sound! It is truly revolting, a racist, sexist, awful stab at comedy. The only way this was able to me made was the fact that it was a Farrely passion project, and they just waited, waited and guilted tons of hot shots in Hollywood til they agreed to be in this terrible movie. The best way I can suggest this movie is with a big group of friends, and you can laugh at the absurdity in it. Some of these sketches are just ugly and hateful, the worst offender being the Liev Schriber and Naomi Watts homeschooling skit. It made me want to take a lifelong shower.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byElizabetholsen June 24, 2013

NOT FOR KIDS

This is not a movie for kids, in my opinion it's to raunchy and violent for anybody to enjoy!
Parent Written byerickentucky January 28, 2013

The worst of all time

I am a movie fanatic but this is the worst movie I have ever seen. It is in the running for the worst movie of all time. Defecation, incest, and simply disgusting with nothing good to say about it.