All member reviews for Mr. & Mrs. Smith

Married assassins thriller isn't for kids.

Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2010

kids 7+

i saw this movie when i was 8!!!!!!!!it is a funny movie i love it
Teen, 13 years old Written bybdunn98 August 9, 2009

it is a good story but there is a lot of violence like shooting and explosions.
Adult Written bychangster.eminem March 13, 2010

You don't have to like action to like this movie

I loved it. Action movies aren't really my thing, but this was funny.
Kid, 9 years old January 3, 2011

I love it its a comedy-action movie where a girlfriend and boyfriend are spies and dont tell each other . one day they shoot at each other and start a huge gunfight in their house. later they forgive each other and work on the same spy team.
Parent of a 10 and 15 year old Written byJacksongal August 12, 2010

Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2010

This movie was not that boring as I thought it would be. There is alot of violence though. There is shooting, punching, kicking and more! Two characters are seen having sex after a fight that almost got each other killed. There is some rare language and some drinking. This is not a kids movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJellyBellyMichelley August 1, 2014

I think it has some violence but it doesn't show disturbing shots of it. Also, it's ridiculously funny but children under 12 might not appreciate the humour. However I know my 11 year old brother would be okay watching this; it really depends on the child. You may want to note that there's many swear words such as p***y or f**k. Lastly, a lot of the violence happens between wife and husband and they're assassins so there's constant talk of killing (there's one clip of someone snapping someones neck).
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2012

Lol

Awesome! I was watching this when I was 5! I couldn't see the sex scene though cuz my parents covered my eyes!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGabix13 December 12, 2012

great film

yeah theres violence but its not heavy duty its light hearted and there is comedic value behind it, its a great film.
Parent Written bybarney ross May 25, 2012

Nice Thriller

3 and above
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 April 4, 2012

Good movie mixes action and comedy/ a hint of romance

Kids could see it, but older teens and adults would understand better and appreciate it more. Very good
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 16, 2011

i love the way they are husband and wife

What to watch out for * Messages: Characters lie, drive fast, shoot, and use knives: they are assassins, after all. * Violence: Lots of shooting and exploding, less brutal than antic. * Sex: Sexual banter, dominatrix outfit, mild sex scene following violent exchange. * Language: Brief. * Consumerism: Not an issue. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Drinking and drunkenness during flashback courtship scenes.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 15, 2011

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for sequences of intense action violence, sexual content, brief strong language.
Adult Written byMe. January 27, 2011

Great movie...

They love each other so they can't be apart. Yes, they kill many good people, but they kill bad boys too, they are assassins after all, so what's the matter? They want to kill each other, but at the end they realise that they can't be separated. In this movie was when I first saw that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were a good couple, they look perfect together.
Kid, 10 years old December 5, 2010

defintley not for kids

fun.i don't know how to describe it.there's a part that no kid should watch.too lovey. there is also a lot of eplosives and fighting
Teen, 13 years old Written byLoveOwenWilson September 11, 2010

teens from 15 to adults !!

I saw it when i was aroung 10 or 11 and i kinda got a bit tense when the S-word scene came!!! my mother was there for God's sake! but it made me love Brad and Angelina and i love it overall...thrilling and suspenseful :) LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! guns and violence were natural, they are assasins after all :) but yeah it is not for kids (not even for me at that time!!)
Parent of a 15 year old Written byTsion July 22, 2010

Good Action and Laughs, But...

MR. AND MRS. SMITH is a fun action movie that is decent popcorn entertainment. However, it presents nothing by way of genuine thrills, redeeming messages (in fact, quite the opposite, but more on that later), or intelligent acting or dialogue. A bit on the plot: Mr. Smith (Brad Pitt) and Mrs. Smith (Angelina Jolie) have lived in a mediocre marriage for 6 years. They love each other, but they constantly bicker and keep things from each other. It turns out that each of them work for rival assassination agencies, and neither of them knows about the others' day job. Until they must target each other. Suddenly, six years of partnership are thrown to the wind as the two try to kill each other in creative means that include guns, knives, explosives, and rough hand-to-hand combat. The movie's messages are negative through and through. The movie skips over all positive parts of marriage (save one) and only portray the negative. Sacred unity between woman and man comes across as disposable and dull. The one aspect of marriage that it does portray (a lot of) is the sex aspect. Both Jolie and Pitt are very good-looking individuals, and the movie takes full advantage of their looks. When the do solve their feud, they engage in passionate sex (mostly offscreen, no nudity) and suddenly all of their problems are gone. The movie has a strong sense of vaguely sexualized violence pervading it. Jolie approaches one of her targets disguised as a hooker (with a revealing dominatrix suit), and puts him through a mostly-offscreen S&M routine before breaking his neck. Elsewhere, both Smiths are apparently sexually aroused while trying to kill each other. Countless people are killed, shot, stabbed, and run over in the movie (portrayed mostly bloodlessly through stunning special effects). Murder itself in the movie is portrayed in a cool, so-what manner that I found more than a little alarming. Most characters in the movie think of killing as a solution to all their problems, and mention of killing more than 200 people is the butt of a joke. Language is harsh but infrequent: one "f**k", a few "b**ch"s, and brief slang terms for both male and female genitals "d**k" and "p**sy". Don't get me wrong: this movie is fun entertainment for mature viewers. The action is really cool to watch, and the chemistry between Jolie and Pitt (even when clothed) is electrifying. Just don't show it to kids.
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009

Funny movie with some intense action senes. Not for kids, yet mature teens should be able to handle it reasonably well.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIrateyourmovies September 29, 2009

for teens

Okay, yeah, so the movie is all about the spouses trying to kill each other. But I would have to say that it is a pretty cool, action packed, funny movie. But it is not the best role modeling, or message. After all they are trying to kill each other, and they are married!
Teen, 15 years old Written bychristian-movie... August 29, 2009

Great for teens! Mild language and mild sexual content. Great action.

I love this movie. It is funny and action packed. The language is so mild. No uses of f*ck or g**d*mn. Just some mild words such as sh*t, h*ll, d*mn, and p*ss. And a few slang words. The sexual content is not that bad but may turn some away. A few references (non-graphic). and some passionate kissing. Angelina is seen in a bra and panties. She is also seen in some revealing outfits. Nothing graphic. The violence is very low. Just action packed. This movie was very fun and exciting to watch. I loved it.