All teen and kid member reviews for Mr. Peabody & Sherman

Teen, 15 years old Written byamericangladiator March 16, 2014

A punny and heartwarming tale.

First of all, I do not understand how some of the reviews said it was a ripoff of Snoopy, had foul language, and had a drug reference. This movie was adorable and hilarious. The film had an excellent use of puns and family-friendly jokes. There were no similarities between Peanuts and this film besides the fact that there's a boy and his dog. I am not sure where that reviewer got that drug reference from because it was definitely not in this film. I'll touch on the foul language later. The bullying aspect of this film was shown because bullying is a real problem in America. Yes, Penny was a brat and she was a terrible person. However, this is life. Life isn't full of rainbows and sunshine. Dreamworks tried to portray what some kids go through at school because of their home life. There were some violent parts like the explanation of mummification and sword fights, but nothing too gory. The adult humor that was included was nothing sexual, and instead just about historical facts. For example, there was a joke about Bill Clinton. Arguably, some jokes a couple of parents had issues with was the booby joke and the "I came here to stop you from touching yourself" joke. They were not meant to be sexual in any way, and they're only sexual because of what type of mind you have. The adoption was handled in the best manner possible for children to understand. In fact, it's realistic since it shows the challenges some adopted kids face and reinforces the idea that not all families have to look like the others to be considered a true family. A lot of reviews on this site are forgetting the most important part of this film; Sherman standing up for Mr. Peabody. Sherman realized just how much Mr. Peabody has done for him and states that being called a dog would be an honor if it means being like Mr. Peabody. That drives the film's moral about how it doesn't matter what kind of family you come from; what truly matters is how their love transcends all types of bullying and negativity from outsiders. In the end, Mr. Peabody & Sherman was a fantastic movie that every family should go see. You'll laugh, cry and awww at this heartfelt and perfect movie.
Kid, 7 years old March 29, 2014

TOO SCARY!

If you're 7 or under, it might be scary. At the end of the movie it was scary because I thought Peabody and Sherman died. But they didn't.
Kid, 11 years old March 8, 2014

Nice movie!!

As a kid i was familiar with such historical figures. In one part, mr. peabody says "Quick! Don't let him touch himself!" he didn't mean it that way but it can sound a little dirty. Other than that, it was a great movie and it does have an educational value to kids, filled with fun facts about times in history and famous figures. Hope this helps!
Kid, 9 years old April 10, 2014
Teen, 16 years old Written byTimeBomb August 2, 2014

May be too dark/crude for very young kids.

Rated: ON 7+ IFFY 6- OFF 3- for some scary scenes, crude content and mild bullying.
Kid, 12 years old March 8, 2014

It's good

It's a bit sad, mean language, but overall, it's good
Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2015

pointless comedy, terribly disappointing

Mr Peabody And Sherman is not the best movie of the century. it is very disappointing, teaching nothing except living the life of a time machine. do not waste your time taking your child to see this.
Kid, 7 years old December 7, 2014

I think you should watch this movie. It is very funny! I liked it. Peabody is a very smart dog. Sherman is a boy. They go on adventures through a time machine. Lots of things go wrong. Can they fix it?
Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2014

HORRIBLE

I wanted to leave because it was so stupid. I wish I could give this movie no stars.
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2014

Pretty- no, REALLY- fantastic!!

I took my cousins (ages 10, 9, 8, 5, and 7.5) and my dad to see it and we all LOVED it! With the laugh-a-minute gags and positive messages, the film is positively my favorite animated. Sherman is a great role model for many younger children and even I couldn't help but snicker at his antics. Well done, Dreamworks! Sequel, please!!
Kid, 12 years old May 18, 2014

One of the finest animated films of 2014. Hilarious, educational and heartwarming, this is a good treat. Ty Burrell (Modern Family) did well in his role. But the real star is Max Charles. His role was funny. Ariel Winter was fine. Patrick Warburton was hysterical and Lake Bell. According to the trailer and film, there is a possibility (or it is) that Sherman and Penny like each other.
Kid, 9 years old March 9, 2014

Mr. Peabody is witty

This movie has corny jokes and is a good comedy. There was a bit too much rude humor. The time travel can be hard to understand, but it will make you ask questions. Penny was a little bratty, but by the end of the movie she learns to be nice. Sherman is a good character because he loves Mr. Peabody even though he is a dog.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpaciousName January 18, 2015

Funny Movie Brought Down by Negative Character

I thought it was a good movie, pretty well made and funny. I enjoyed it and it's one of those movies that loads of people go to see, and it's an enjoyable movie to go and see. What kind of ruined it for me was the eye-shadow wearing 7 year old Penny. They bully Sherman at the start and are negative during the movie and when, convincing Sherman to do things he shouldn't. It's good overall though and has funny parts etc. so I would recommend this over other movies that are out around now. Mr Peabody is Sherman's adoptive dad and it has great messages in parts of the movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAvengingSon98 October 15, 2014

Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2014

Depends

I thought it was a good movie but mr.peabody almost got his head chopped off.To me it was great but there is some parts that only older kids would get.Also,In the end of the movie is was really confusing.
Kid, 11 years old May 18, 2014

Mr. Peabody and Sherman

This movie is really good, but it could have been a little better. The only reason I say that is when they time-travel they mostly only stay in this one place. It has some violence, and consumerism to buy DVDs of the original classic Mr. Peabody and Sherman shorts from the Rocky and Bullwinkle show.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDylanLeviiHiggiNobth May 8, 2014

One of 2014's greatest hits has some comical frightening moments.

This movie features cartoonish scary moments including chase scenes/ peril, some immaturity, mild bullying/insults and crude content. One character is claimed to have been beheaded but is seen alive. So it's on for ages 7+, iffy for ages 6- and off for ages 3-
Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2014

I was surprised.

I went to see Mr. Peabody & Sherman with my two younger brothers thinking that it was going to be just like Escape From Planet Earth or even, God forbid, Free Birds. I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. The overall humor of the movie was actually quite clever. The corny puns were meant to be corny and it added to the wit that the kids accompanying Mr. Peabody had no idea what he meant when he said them. There was a bit of rude humor, such as "butt" and "booby", not to mention the duo flying out of the sphinx's rear end. Humor was constantly in play and some some of the jokes didn't really stick, but then again, most of them did. Also, I was entertained by all of the historical figures put into the plot, and people who enjoy history will have a good time. All in all, this movie was a good one, and I recommend it to any family looking for a movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWOLF13 October 22, 2014

GOOD SHOW WAITING FOR SEQUEL

Kid, 9 years old August 15, 2014

It was good

i think it was good because there was not a lot of violence.