All member reviews for Much Ado About Nothing

Very accessible, jubilant Shakespeare with brief bawdiness.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bycrankylibrarian January 3, 2014

One of the best Shakespeare movies ever

Yes, it's Shakespeare, but it's chock full of slapstick humor, practical jokes, and gorgeous lovestruck young people. Kenneth Branagh in a rare comic role is priceless as Benedict, with a smouldering Emma Thompson as his Beatrice. I think of this as the "nice" version of Taming of the Shrew; the same battle of the sexes banter, except both parties end up giving a little and neither is totally humiliated or subjugated. Hero and Claudio may be the Dullest Lovers in Shakespeare, but who could resist the reluctantly lovesick Benedict: "I do love nothing in the world so well as you. Is that not strange?" Yes, wondrously strange. And wonderful that this is a story of two former lovers who broke each other's hearts, and must conquer their mutual distrust before the happy ending. A mature Romeo and Juliet, no longer starry eyed, but old enough to know what they're doing and yet still fall rapturously in love.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjmhall97 January 4, 2013

Best Movie Ever

This is one of the best movies that I have ever seen. The setting is amazing, the acting is perfect, and the story is timeless. Kenneth Branagh does an amazing job directing this movie and also acting in it. The movie is hilarious and heartwarming...I could watch it twice a week and not be bored by it. Also, the soundtrack is fantastic. A definite must watch
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2012

Some content may not be appropriate for kids under 10-11.

One of my favorite movies, it's really funny. I think a kid's response to this movie is really based on their understanding of the language used. We watched it in class, about half the kids thought it was hilarious and the other half sat there trying to figure out what was going on.