All member reviews for Munich

Complex and powerful movie is for adults only.

Teen, 17 years old Written byDittochs64 April 9, 2008

EXTREMELY VIOLENT, very very very good film and is very eye-opening

The sexual content is in two sex scenes, and is not an issue here. The language is not an issue either. What really disturbed me was the realism of the violence in this movie. In others like Kill Bill, there is way too much blood and unrealistic dismemberment. Some, like the Bourne series shows minimal blood. In this movie, many people die by gunshot. Someone is hit in the head with a rifle shot, and it is very realistically done. Consider the realism of the violence in Saving Private Ryan before seeing this movie. It also attaches backstories and faces to the enemies that they kill, and you feel sympathetic toward them. Overall, it is a very great film about revenge, and i'd recommend this film to anybody who can stomach the violence. I think that 15 and above is a good age group to consider taking to this movie, as they will understand what is going on, whereas younger audiences couldn't follow along...5/5
Parent Written byJill Murphy April 9, 2008

Teen, 16 years old Written byartificialfruit April 9, 2008

Parent Written byPlague December 3, 2009

Munich

Breathtaking. Absolutly breathtaking. Very violent but one of the greatest movies you will ever see. The actors played their role with perfection and put on a simply unforgettable show.
Adult Written byMalicabo April 9, 2008

Adult Written byDevilsSnare April 9, 2008

Mature teens can handle this...

Being 16 years old guy, most people would immediately write me off as not being able to take this movie seriously but I think mature teens like myself can. The violence in this movie is certainly on par with an intense R-rating, making this film deeply unsettling and raw, especially making the connection that this was, more or less, reality. Sexuality is not as bad as I thought it was, and language is reality mild compared to a number of other R-rated movies. Overall any teenage who is concerned about the state of the world, and the ideas behind violence and bloodshed than this is the film for them. The message in this film, I believe, makes you wonder if revenge is ever justified, and makes you think if we can ever escape the "eye-for-an-eye" mentality. I think that if we cannot, peace will never be achieved. Steven Spielberg along with a talented cast delivers one of 2005s best films.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRaizen April 9, 2008

"Powerful and Inspiring"

Munich is one of the best emotionaly driven movies I've watched in a long while. But I would reccomend this movie for older teens and adults for three major reasons. First, the complex movie and lack of continuous action would most likely bore younger viewers. Also, the graphic violence and intense moments might frighten some viewers. Finally, there are some scenes that reference nudity and sexual dialogue. But all in all, Munich can be a helpful in inspiring views of life and the choices you make. 5 stars!
Teen, 17 years old Written byAllYouNeedisLove February 20, 2014

Kid, 12 years old June 20, 2011

Ehh

This was a pretty bad movie. Very Violent!
Kid, 12 years old January 17, 2009

Munich

"Munich" is a cold, cold, cold film. It describes the infamous 1972 Munich Olympic killings in very little detail, opting more to unwrap the events that followed. Those included men on assignment to kill the terrorists who planned Munich. It also poses a moral agenda: revenge doesn't solve anything. Moreover, it leaves all those involved bruised and battered and hollow for their life. "Munich" is a stylistic film, as Steven Spielberg is a visual artist. There are many shots less about the scene than the camerawork itself, which is dazzlingly done, and it adds a lot of tension. The film is a dark, bleak, and shattering piece, much more so than the epic that earned him a name as a legend: "Schindler's List." The 1993 film is better in ways, but this one packs a harder punch in many ways, and still holds it own, deserving the Best Picture nod it got. Eric Bana turns in a brooding, saddening, and amazing performance as Avner, the leader of the group sent out to kill the men behind the killings of Munich. These men are "employed" by Ephraim (Geoffrey Rush), but are really sent out by the Israeli government, including Prime Minister Golda Meir (Lynn Cohen). The other notable stars in the film are Daniel Craig as Steve, another member in the unit, and Mathieu Almaric as Louis, the group's unreliable source. Anyways, the group starts out killing by gun and escalates into bombs and other explosives (the most heart-pounding moment involves a telephone explosive rig). But the bigger the artillery and the more fatalities, the more goes wrong. Spielberg's film illustrates an illogical battle, one awfully played out, one in which the hearts of men are torn apart on the scene. It is a disturbing character study, mostly of Avner's caving in on the job, and a film of historical significance. "Munich" is unflinching, murky, and saturated, well-made, acted, and crafted, Spielberg's best film since "List," a piece of cinema that is not easy to forget. A (15+)
Adult Written byfastripe April 9, 2008

Graphic Violance

Wonderful movie for adults. Not a great movie for kids. I think this mostly because of the graphic violance that is shown through out the movie. I really don't think this is a film kids would be intrested in any way.
Adult Written byyayfrogs April 9, 2008

Though slow at times, "Munich" makes you think

Coming from the perspective of college student who, thanks to an amazing high school education, didn't know much about the Munich crisis, I thought this movie was amazing. It's for a mature audience, and it's artsy style won't work for all viewers. If you're a history buff, or if you'd like to know more about what happened after Munich, get a babysitter and check out this film.
Teen, 17 years old Written byinspiration-bg April 9, 2008

Great film

Munich is a great film that has a good message, I'd say most children my age all tough not mature enough to see it should. It dosnt teach any lession but rather askes questions and lets us answer them. Good movie with alot of dicy material, including a graphic sex sceen, and a graphic killing of a women.
Adult Written byGhcool April 9, 2008