All member reviews for Muppet Treasure Island

Hilarious high seas adventure with lots of pirate action.

Adult Written bynduns February 25, 2010

Compared to other muppets stuff...

This one's a little intense for the children, and that's why this remains my favorite to this day. Again, it seems people only review this film based not off of what THEY thought of it but rather what they think all kids will think of it. This, imo, was the most well-written of all the muppets films and remains my personal favorite to this day.
Kid, 9 years old August 23, 2011

A golden movie

Best muppet movie ever!!!!!!!!! Sort of violent sort of scary and pirate attacks this is by far the most action packed muppet movie ever.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 16, 2010
I like this movie. It is a very funny movie. It is very hilarious. I like it. I recommeded it.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

I think it's age appropriate for 8 year olds but not 6 year old

When I was six I watched Muppet treasure and I was really scared but now I would call it okay.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKmfan97 September 6, 2015

definitely a great movie to watch if your looking for a good pirate adventure.

I myself really like the muppets so I decided to watch this movie because first of all it looked like a fun adventure movie and second the sweet transvestite himself tim curry from one of my favorite movies the rocky horror picture show is in it as long john silver so I went ahead and gave it a watch and I indeed wasn't disappointed. It's obviously the muppets take on the treasure island story and I really like that story but I felt like this movie was trying to make fun of the original story at times but I guess that's the point because the muppets can be really silly most of the time. The songs in this movie were pretty good except for a couple that I found kind of mediocre but the best song in my opinion was a professional pirate sung by long john. I still have that song stuck in my head even a day after watching it. Anyway on to the stuff that parents should know. I'm pretty sure I'm wrong but I might of heard a couple uses of da*n in the movie but I'm most likely incorrect. I know for sure however that there was one quick use of hel* in non religious context during the last few minutes of the movie. There is a little bit of drinking in the movie including a scene with a drunk man and a funny scene about wether or not alcohol will be allowed on the ship. There is also one brief sexual innuendo in a scene where miss piggy greets long john and says, well hello loooong john. There was also some sword and gun violence but no one actually dies in it so don't worry. Overall I would indeed recommend that you and your kids check this movie out because it's funny, it's adventurous, it has tim curry playing a villain which he does best how could you possibly go wrong!? Definitely check this movie out at least once if your a fan of the muppets. Trust me it's worth your time!
Kid, 9 years old July 5, 2015

Horrible

Don't watch this movie! I usually love Muppet movies but this one was just bad! It has way to much violence and has a lot of corny jokes. I don't wan't to see this movie again! If ur looking for a good Muppet or family movie than try Muppets most wanted or the Muppet Movie. Not a good family movie!
Kid, 12 years old October 23, 2014

Awesome Sauce

This movie is probably the funniest Muppet Movie I have ever seen. From beggining to end, this movie has lots of action, advenutre, possitive messages, songs, and humor. **** Lots of fantasy voilence, mostly played for laughs: On character shoots a gun, a few sword-fighting scenes. There is also a gag about drinking on the ship.
Kid, 12 years old August 18, 2013

Great Pirate Film.

Muppet Treasure Island is yet another muppet theatrically released film that does not contain an original plot. Though it is still a great film. There's great action, adventure, and everything else. While Kermit does not take center stage, this is an adaption, the characters are great as well as the songs and comedy. The action may be too intense for young kids, and there is some drinking and some relationship stuff. While not the greatest muppet film, it is a nice movie to watch now and then.
Parent Written byLithium_Haze May 28, 2012

Not exactly kid friendly

There are more than a few scenes full of sexual innuendos, such as Miss Piggy greeting Tim Curry's character with a drawn out "Well hello, Looooong John." and Kermit's shocked reaction "Oh no, not him too!" (previous, he and Piggy had been discussing ex boyfriends).
Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2012

one of the best!!

in other words, buy this for your house, its wonderful
Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2010

Not the best movie

This isn't the best movie in the world. I like some of the humor, but I not very great.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byeswanson April 9, 2008

Ok - not great - for the older end of the age range

There's more violence and peril in this movie than I'm comfortable with for my 5 yo son. Tons of guns too - couldn't be a pirate without them I guess. We watched it once and will stick to the other Muppet movies.
Adult Written byyellowking April 9, 2008