All member reviews for Music and Lyrics

Sweet, predictable date movie. Teens OK.

really great

amazing
Parent of a 13 year old Written bylatenightmom April 9, 2008

A sweet, funny film

My husband and I took our 12 year old daughter to see this film on Valentine's Day. My daughter and I had a great time, but I think my husband was a little bored. The film has some wonderfully funny scenes, and some delightful, winningly romantic songs (and one or two quite amusing ones). Hugh Grant is funny in a whole new way in this film - the opening credits are worth the price of admission. I would recommend this film for families with older tweens and teenagers. My daughter rates the film as "awesome".
Teen, 13 years old Written bycvt75@aol.com April 9, 2008

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

this is what my family would consider a good bad movie. it was totally cheesy and yet one of the most fantastic movies EVER!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old March 16, 2010

definetly off for tweens and under

um, it was pretty good,but i learned something i didn't know before that i probably shouldn't have.
Teen, 13 years old Written byestela April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written bydancingwithmyself April 9, 2008

Sweet, Funny, Charming!

Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant have great chemistry...... I love the songs in this movie..... One of my favorite romantic comedies..
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomebodysMe June 23, 2009

Funny, but bad

I love this movie and it is one of my favorites. However, there is a ton of sex. Cora, (think Hannah montana x-rated) "dirty" dances while scantily clad. The two main characters sleep together, too.
Kid, 12 years old March 1, 2011

Tweens and Up

Awesome Movie!
Adult Written bychangster.eminem February 8, 2010

Awesome Movie Is Great For Teens and Adults!

This is an excellent movies for teenagers and adults. Younger children might not understand the movie, or might influence them in a "bad" way.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

A HUGE HIT!

This movie is brilliant! With a hit cast, I do not think that there is anything to be worried about this movie, except for a couple of sexual reeferences which are funny. Overall, it's a great movie, a must go, and a great way to spend kissing for 100 minutes.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDerrickRose1 April 1, 2011

This movie is awesome. I think it is okay for younger children i just don't think that they would understand it. Very funny for adults and older teenagers.
Adult Written byDMX_Hater April 9, 2008

Awesome!

Sexual content? That's good one. There's no sexual content at all. Just a little mild language. The movie had such a good story, making it awesome! And to be honest, I think it's all PG content okay for anyone 8+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byleoglotr April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bynetspencer April 9, 2008

I loved it!

The movie was great. It was funny and interesting. I think they did a great job making the music videos like the ones from the 80's. I think the movie sends a great message and it is probably good for kids 9+.
Adult Written bycpwrams April 9, 2008

Fun Movie

My family and I really enjoyed this movie. It was predictable, but fun. There are no major concerns with this movie and my 12 year old daughter laughed a lot.
Teen, 17 years old Written bynerrawllehctim April 9, 2008

Adult Written bySFDad April 9, 2008

Hugh Grant plays Hugh Grant in a classic romantic comedy!

This is a fun romantic comedy - nothing more, nothing less...exactly whay you'd expect. Hugh Grant plays his normal, charming role, and women (like my wife) will love it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byforgetregret93 April 9, 2008

hilarious!

Thsi was definately one of the funniest movies I ever saw, especailly during the credits where they were doing a pop up video and it said "Alex's hip appears to be fine." Great feel good movie you can watch with your family and friends.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykatiemay017 November 28, 2009

great movie!!!! 13+

one of the best movies ever! DREW BARRYMORE and HUGH GRANT were great. not to bad, Cora's dancing is not very good for younger audiences, and the kissing stuff is fine. AMAZING!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn July 26, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

One of my favorite romances. (: Really really good movie.