All teen and kid member reviews for Music and Lyrics

Teen, 13 years old Written bycvt75@aol.com April 9, 2008

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

this is what my family would consider a good bad movie. it was totally cheesy and yet one of the most fantastic movies EVER!!!!!!!

really great

amazing
Kid, 11 years old August 25, 2015

I love it

When I saw this movie I fell in love with it and I couldn't stop listening to the music. There is only a little bit of inappropriate stuff.
Teen, 14 years old Written byahuds225 March 12, 2012

Very cute movie, however best for children over the age of 12

Watched it with my 9 year old brother - mom and I cringed many times when Cora appeared wearing hardly much clothing at all. We made my brother close his eyes. However I think it is a very cute romance and I recommend it completely for a child 12 & up. I really enjoyed this movie
Teen, 15 years old Written byDerrickRose1 April 1, 2011

This movie is awesome. I think it is okay for younger children i just don't think that they would understand it. Very funny for adults and older teenagers.
Kid, 12 years old March 1, 2011

Tweens and Up

Awesome Movie!
Kid, 12 years old March 16, 2010

definetly off for tweens and under

um, it was pretty good,but i learned something i didn't know before that i probably shouldn't have.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykatiemay017 November 28, 2009

great movie!!!! 13+

one of the best movies ever! DREW BARRYMORE and HUGH GRANT were great. not to bad, Cora's dancing is not very good for younger audiences, and the kissing stuff is fine. AMAZING!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn July 26, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

One of my favorite romances. (: Really really good movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomebodysMe June 23, 2009

Funny, but bad

I love this movie and it is one of my favorites. However, there is a ton of sex. Cora, (think Hannah montana x-rated) "dirty" dances while scantily clad. The two main characters sleep together, too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byleoglotr April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written bynerrawllehctim April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byestela April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

A HUGE HIT!

This movie is brilliant! With a hit cast, I do not think that there is anything to be worried about this movie, except for a couple of sexual reeferences which are funny. Overall, it's a great movie, a must go, and a great way to spend kissing for 100 minutes.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynetspencer April 9, 2008

I loved it!

The movie was great. It was funny and interesting. I think they did a great job making the music videos like the ones from the 80's. I think the movie sends a great message and it is probably good for kids 9+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byforgetregret93 April 9, 2008

hilarious!

Thsi was definately one of the funniest movies I ever saw, especailly during the credits where they were doing a pop up video and it said "Alex's hip appears to be fine." Great feel good movie you can watch with your family and friends.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancingwithmyself April 9, 2008

Sweet, Funny, Charming!

Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant have great chemistry...... I love the songs in this movie..... One of my favorite romantic comedies..
Teen, 15 years old Written byanimalloverkt April 9, 2008

I really liked this movie... HOWEVER...

Like I said, I really enjoyed this movie, particularly because I am a vocal major. HOWEVER... there are references to Sophie's (supposed) "sleeping around to get what she wants". There are lies, and Alex shows no trust in Sophie. They have sex that was described as being "strictly business". Cora is highly sensualized, and looks twelve. Sloan almost breaks Alex's arm, and Sopie's (married) sister is completely enamored with Alex. However, despite my negativeness, this was a good movie. Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant were a great casting pick, and yes, that actually is them singing. Sophie sees the good in people, and Alex actually has some character developement. Cora has a heart at the end, and family always comes first. Overall, a good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byberksierra April 9, 2008

a good teen movie. fine for ages 12 and up

parents should know that, this movie is fine for ages 12 and up. it deserves it's pg-13 rating, but just barley. most tweens fill want to see it, and chances are you can let most of them see it. there is some brief profanity. Alex and sophie sleep together, but there is no sexual tenshon. a pop diva proforms, and it gets a little wild. a woman tell her husband to take the kids and leave, but he is enjoying the concert.
Teen, 13 years old Written byduchessofdance94 April 9, 2008

LUVED IT!

So basically this was one of the best movies personally i've seen all year. everything bad was based on the pop star because she was very revealing and somewhat of a blonde. i thought it had a sweet, humorous, romantic, flair that really made the movie superb. and drew barrymore and hugh grant worked together beautifully i would love to see them in another movie together.