All member reviews for My Babysitter's a Vampire

Twilight parody is bloodier than usual Disney fare.

Kid, 11 years old August 3, 2011

Parents - please read before you block this show or stop your kid(s) from watching it. Hope it helps.

Im 11 and, I know many kids my age like this show. I NEVER miss an episode. The show is not "evil" they fight the evil, they're not evil. Okay so i'm a christian, and its not "everything against god". They used holy water to get rid of bad spirits, and you thnk thats against god? It has nothing against god. I HATE Twilight but, LOVE this show. Honestly, i dont think it has to do alot with "Twilight", it has a vampire, so what? I think "The Boy Who Cried Werewolf" is more like a parody of "Twilight". Anyways, "My Babysitter's a Vampire" could be scary for someone under 9. Disney is getting too young for tweens and teens. No 10+ kid is gonna wanna watch "Good luck charlie" or "A.N.T Farm". (Apologies to any kid 11 or older that likes those shows, they are okay I guess.) Now that "Wizards of Waverly Place", "The Suite Life on Deck", and "Hannah Montannah" are all either ended or ending Disney needed a new hit show. Just so you know this is the only show that I rated five stars, So im not like the other kids my age that rate shows(everyone knows them, the ones with bad spelling and grammer and, either rate a show five stars or one star) I rated it five stars for a reason - ITS AMAZING. Yes, the fangs are not in the right place if they were in the K9's you wouldn't have been able to see them all the time. Some of the comedy is poor but, that is the only negative thing I have to say about this show. "My Babysitter's a Vampire" is the only show any kid will actually want to watch. Any kid or teen in middle school - high school would love this show. It's appropriate for mostly middle schoolers, to learn how to deal with life. I would recomend for mostly tweens, noone under 10. There is alot of violence. No drinking, alchol, drugs, or smoking use. It does mention "hickey", there is kissing. 36% of parents say sexual contact is an issue "really"? Theres kissing, so what, im pretty sure every other show on Disney has kissing. A girl comes out of a closet looking a mess after a make-out sene. A teen does call another a "perv". There was also talk about "hickeys" and "pueberty". Also a mention of hot girls being "plastic". 55% of parents say violence is an issue, duhh it warns about the violence, you think something that has to do with vampires wont have violence? Its rated PG so, if you didn't notice that its your fault. There is no foul launguage other than a mention of "ass", there is the little kid words like "shut up", "geek", "farthead", "butt" ect. Drugs are not a problem, a mother (Laura DeCarteret) reminds her son (Matthew Knight) no to use drugs. A girl at a teen party says "noone is drinking". I think "My Babysitter's a Vampire" sends positive messages and, has life lessons. Sarah (Vennasa Morgan) is a positive role model for any kid, the fact she risks temptations for blood and, studies even though she will be a vampire forever. The boys do "sweet talk" the girls and, call them babe. This amazing Canadian-made comedy includes *Matthew Knight*, *Vanessa Morgan* and, *Atticus Dean Mitchell*. Also *Kate Todd* and, *Cameron Kennody*. All the actors are extremely talented and experienced. It is my absolute favorite show and, I would definately recomend it to tweens and, teens. Probably around 10-16. For the parents that think this show is too violent just relax and, stop being over-protective, its not that bad and, if you dont want your kids to watch it then block it. Its not promoting violence. You parents(some not all) are over reacting, you have to relise that YOUR KIDS ARE GROWING UP. Your kids are transitioning into alittle violance and some slight "older" talk, such as talking about makeing-out and hickeys. All kids already know about that stuff, they just dont tell parents. The reason it has only 2 stars is becouse of the over-protective parents and their brainwashed soon to be over-protective kids saying its bad when its not. Its an amazing show, the graphics, the plot, the scenery,the whole story line and of course, the fantastic actors. Disney is just trying to reach out to all ages so instead of there "cute" 6-year old shows, they have an awesome tween-teen show. I'm happy that Disney is finally reaching out too a new audience. I LOVE the show and, want it to stay on air for a LONG time. It is a very well written, comedy with slight drama here and there. I knew "My Babysitter's a Vampire" would get alot of bad reviews just becouse its "different" then Disneys used to. This show is about two teenage boys, one is a seer(Matthew Knight), the other a sorcerer(Atticus Dean Mitchel), and their vampire babysitter(Vanessa Morgan), going through high school trying to fit in. Every episode involves a problem that ends up having a lesson at the end. Usually Benny's (Atticus Dean Mitchell) grandma (Joann Gregson) ends up saving the day, teaching kids to go to a grown up for help. I am glad Disney FINALLY made a break though with an ACTUAL GOOD SHOW. I know most parents are trying to protect your kids, and i get that but, getting over-protective wont help either.(Most parents that are over-protective end up having bad kids, when a kid is told it cant do something it will make them want to do it more and, do it behind your back.) I praise the parents that like this show and that are promoting it, you are true adults :)! It"s good to supervise your kids while watching there shows to see if its appropriate. Parents should let there kids explore new things on TV, and see what they have to see. I really want parents to please stop giving this completely amazing show bad reviews so they don't take it off the air. Parents and all adults please think about what was said here. I hope you all will take my word for it and, give the show a shot.;) My thanks too everyone that took their time too read this and put some thought into this and I hope adults will have a different attitude with this show when season 2 is released. I tried to use some things from negative responces to this show to show how its not that bad but if you disagree with anything I said please add it into your review casually like I did and I will see if i can change your mind/fix it. Thank you.
Parent Written byEJM1701D June 30, 2011

A Disturbing TV Trend

I am glad that I found this forum. I am deeply disappointed in the latest Disney Channel- promoted movie/series "My Babysitter's a Vampire". It seems that this network has joined others (including it's sister-network ABC "Family") in promoting gratuitous violence, sexuality, narcissism and otherwise occult themes. As the parent of a seven year old son, I have been pleased with Disney Junior (formally Playhouse Disney) and , especially "Phineas and Ferb"...a well-written, positive show. I have even enjoyed other Disney programs including "Good Luck Charlie" and the "Suite-Life" series...again with endearing characters and positive but funny story lines. Until recently, even the "Wizards" series has been light fun. However, Disney has crossed the line with this latest vampire installment. After my son fell asleep last night, I watched one full episode and was appalled at what I saw. It seems it's main female character was having a hard time resisting raiding the blood-mobile that was visiting the school for a quick meal. Her friend was not as inhibited and encouraged less restraint while sipping a Starbucks-style cup full of human blood (you could even see the red on her teeth). Meanwhile, the stereo-typical teen boys in the show were plotting how close they could get their raging hormones next to the vamping cheer-leaders. This along with the "fang-gnashing" violence, glorifying of bad and selfish behavior and promotion of the occult (they were even raising animals from the dead) this show can be called nothing short of evil. None of these themes should ever be treated lightly with such narcissism and with such disregard for morality believing this behavior to be cool and okay. I am no prude and have watched my share of questionable programming. However, even Christians like me realize that you don't have to be a Christian to see that this show is just plan evil. ADVICE: PARENTS AVOID LETTING YOUR CHILDREN (UNDER 16) WATCH THIS PROGRAM AT ALL COSTS. DISNEY: Stick to Mickey Mouse and talking Toy Stories...Leave this Vampire trend in the garbage where it belongs.
Adult Written byIlovetwiligjt June 30, 2011

Not your usual disney channel series, but c'mon parents, admit that your kids are growing up.

I don't understand how parents are all worried about stuff like language. I mean, kids age 8 use words like s''t in their everyday life! And disney channel is griwing up along with them, sure it has violence, sure theres some kissing and hickeys, but cmon, it wont stay in your kids minds forever, so give it a chance, and Im sure you will love it, aside from a few scenes, which are played to entertain older people! Disney channel is supposed to be for the whole family, why not make older people laugh?
Parent Written bysassun July 13, 2011

Strange amounts of Anger

Wow - surprised by how vehement the hatred for this show has been - and can't stop laughing at the idea that Disney are deliberately 'seducing' children to the Vampire trend. The show is well written, with the twilight and pulp vampire parodies particularly funny. the violence is almost entirely suggested, with very little on screen to threaten anyone over 12. The language is fairly clean, with one or two very moderate usages of words such as 'butt'. The one downside is the truly ridiculous product placement, at times looking like a plot devised by one of the orange adverts! Ignore most of the hatred, this is a great introduction to a genre populated with rubbish for kids - and nowhere near as terrifying or gory as Bram stokers version, which i remember studying at school when i was 13.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycat317 July 10, 2011

It's fine.

This show is fine for tweens and young teenagers, because it's actually more realistic than Hannah Montana or this "ANT Farm" thing where everyone is famous or super advanced. I mean, I know clearly that vampires don't exist, but the situations are realistic. Sarah makes sure to not give in to peer pressure- a very good example, and also helps Erica get through tough times. Erica stands up to the mean cheerleader who made fun of her. And, also, the closest to sexual behavior is two characters kissing. Not making out- a small kiss.
Parent Written byJust_Amanda July 1, 2011

Absolutely worse thing I have ever seen on Disney! Parents, beware!

This is by far the absolute worst thing I have ever seen Disney put out. This is a very disturbing movie/series that Disney advertises all day long - when younger kids are watching TV. My 9-year-old daughter has asked to watch this. I tuned in to check out the content and was very disappointed to see very beautiful blond teenage "vampires" dressed as "nurses" who had fooled local schools into believing they were working for a blood bank. Their hair, makeup, and dress made them appear much older than teenagers. If this is the Disney trend, then no thanks.
Parent Written bylmama June 30, 2011

Disturbing Disney Trend

My Babysitter's a Vampire is a ploy made by Disney to seduce children into a violent and evil lifestyle. Just like many of the other Disney channel shows, Wizards, Hannah, etc.., it depicts rude, selfish, sexual and violent behavior as being cool. Parents in these shows are either clueless or not seen in these shows while the kids are acting immorally. Parents need to monitor what their children watch and decide which shows are appropriate to watch. Use your moral compass as a guide to help decide which shows you want your children to watch, and help your children decide what is appropriate as well. The shows these days, not just disney, are not the quality shows that I grew up with, and I find it harder and harder to find a good show for my children to watch. My children are 8 and 11 and I know that they want to watch what their friends are watching, but I have to make decisions on their best interest, no Disney.
Adult Written byxxpurplepetals July 17, 2011

My Babysitter's a Vampire, just a show.

Parent's, why are you over reacting? This show brings out role models and lessons. Also, why are you saying there's sexual activity? There's only hug's, kisses on the cheek, and longing gazes. In my personal opinion, the movie was O.K...it could've been better. But, the show is genuinely funny and entertaining. I'll tell you what's a violent and sexual show, Buffy The Vampire Slayer! But, Buffy The Vampire Slayer is still a fantastic, amazingly show! I still watch it even though I'm only 12. Anyways, adults, actually watch the show before judging. Thank- you.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCielD'Rois July 15, 2011

Well Written, Great talent, Positive Messages, and Only Suggested Violence

Judging by the given reviews, not too many adults (I would say parents, but today there aren't many who fit the proper role) approve of this show currently being aired. Most of them say that the program is full of violence and et cetera, but I beg to differ. The parents here are being overly protective, too antiquated, and just outright close-minded. This program features the adventures of two friends and their vampire baby sitter (with added casts like Rory and Erica). This trio generally, in some odd fashion, gets into a load of trouble with some sort of "occult" magick, or with vampires. But, I put "occult" in parentheses because, though Benny is a sorcerer and there is magick, the world "occult" has become so cliched as to refer to any form of unknown system. But, I digress. After getting into such pickles, they are relieved by their friends, family, or life-learned-lesson. So, to lay it completely out, the show offers moral lessons by teaching children to not succumb to peer pressure, to value your family (because at the end of the program, the grandmother usually helps save the day), to not be close minded (by showing the unity between vampire and human), and to generally have fun with life. Further, this show does not show any form of consumerism, unless you think mentioning Wikipedia one time is. Moreover, there aren't any references to beverages you wouldn't like your children to drink (except coffee), there aren't and references or shown scenes with smoking or drugs, the violence is normally suggested with the exception of a few push-arounds and bites (no blood), there isn't any sexual behavior except for a minor kiss, and there isn't any "bad" language except for normal children's words like butt, geek, and et cetera. And, to put it forward, if you are a parent who doesn't let your child mature and let them see one kiss or here "butt" and "geek," you need to lighten up. I bet every single parent who has posted on here that commented badly on the kiss has kissed their spouse in front of their children and has said at least one curse word in their presence, as well. And yes, though this program is significantly different than the programs most of you parents watched as children, it is in a different time, in a different trend, and in a different generation. I am pretty sure you didn't like watching your parents shows, or, depending on how old each of you are, radio stations. So, please, don't be a hypocrite. It shows the realistic lives of teens (excluding the vampires and magick) and gives examples and tips on coping with those experiences. This show is good for anyone 9+ as it will allow a transition into middle-school, and then finally, high-school. And, while teaching this transition, it will serve as a leisure for your children after a long day of school and chores.
Adult Written byDanniAckles July 29, 2011

Great, fun show

I think that this show is really great for kids. People have always been fascinated with Vampires and magic. Kids love the fantasy element, they like seeing the impossible; it promotes a good imagination and is great fun. Until this show I have seen very few vampire movies/shows that were suitable for children. The closest to kid-friendly I've seen is The Vampire Diaries (good show but NOT for kids under 12) and it has lots of violence and sex. It is so wonderful that there is finally a show about vampires that kids can watch. There isn't blood being slung everywhere or half naked actors or foul language. It's just a positive happy show. Kids are always going to love fantasy, and they'll get it any way that they can, so it's nice they'll have this show to enjoy now.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylindseynicole July 14, 2011

Fantastic show!

Fantastic show! I find all the anger towards this show absolutely ridiculous. You concerned parents are ruining this show for older teenagers that don't like majority of the shows on Disney Channel. If you don't want your children watching the show, simply turn off your TV. It's not that difficult. If you weren't already aware, vampires are very sexual creatures, but Disney toned it down as much as possible to make it presentable. If you think this is a violent and sexual show, go watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Now, that show is definitely not for kids. This show is bringing something different to Disney Channel, & it's not a bad thing. In fact, I think it's pretty great. I love this show a lot. Everything about it is fantastic. My mom loves the show as well! She actually watches it with me every night. Parents, get your heads out of the gutter, this show isn't bad. This show is not telling your children to lash out, become sexually active, or bite someone's neck. It's a quality show. Please be open minded.
Teen, 14 years old Written byobvidancer July 9, 2011

A Great T.V Series! A Mustsee

My Babysitter's a Vampire is mostly for tweens (12 and up) and teens, not necessarily for younger children. I think this a great T.V series and I would be crushed if they cancel it. I know a lot of people who love the show and I see nothing wrong with it. If you don't want your child to watch this show, be a good parent and block it. And yes, it does have kissing but c'mon Hannah Montana and the other shows don't? There is no killing either. Everyone knows that vampires drink human blood, but they don't do it on the show. Just by seeing the title of the show you should expect what would happen. Whoever says that this is not comedy is wrong. My 9 year old sister and I laughed through the whole last episode (Smells Like Trouble). Seriously c'mon, don't ruin it for the other people who like it (like myself and my 9 year old sister). Sarah (fledgling) is caught onto peer pressure from her best friend Erica (vampire). She doesn't give into the temptation and the peer pressure which makes her a great role model. Again, in my opinion, this is not a show for younger kids it's more for tweens. I'm a teenager and honestly this is the only show on Disney Channel that I really ever liked so, if it's cancelled I will be very upset.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCornholio July 6, 2011

This is baloney salami.

If you parents don't like it then BLOCK the show when its on so your kids won't watch it. US teens want to watch something that is our age. No more Phineas and Ferb and Hannah Montana (Not saying these shows are bad). The rest of the Disney shows are for 8 and under. Oh and people who are saying that the blood and violence are bad- THE MAIN CHARACTERS AND VAMPIRE HUNTERS! Whenever Sarah smell's blood of course she's going to act like its a drug- SHE DOESN'T LIKE HUMAN BLOOD. God. Stupid people these days.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written bymomfisch5 June 29, 2011

Definitely NOT Disney Quality.

I am very disappointed that Disney allowed this movie and then series. Usually, I can be confident that the content on Disney will be appropriate for my children. I am uncomfortable with this program because of the references to eating people, their blood and the sexual innuendos. Disney did not need to stoop into the vampire craze this way. I have been a Disney fan my whole life and this is seriously disappointing for me - I have told my children they are not to watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 June 26, 2011

sooooooooooooo bad for disney

Don't bother with this one. It's not the normal Disney Channel movie. This is filled with violence, making out, and (surprisingly for Disney) the a word. I can't believe Disney would show something so awful. And the series is just scary for kids!!! And for everyone saying it's so great and to lay off - I will NOT lay off! Disney has gone beyond in the wrong direction. Vampires, making out, mild language, and violence all packed in one. Yeah, sooooo great for kids, right? Christians like me especially shouldn't because it's everything against God. :'( That's the worst part. Please don't!
Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2011

my baby sitter is a vampire

i think your kids should watch my baby sitter is a vampire beacause the movie is funny kinda scary but it will keep your kids entertain for about an hour and thirtey minutes.And some characters are good rolemodles for your children!!!!!! and thats why i think your children can watch my baby sitter is a vampire .
Parent Written byMy .02 June 23, 2011

Disney what were you thinking !?

Parents beware, this movie is not the usual Disney fare. It is not the funny parody you might like to believe. Besides the obvious violence the underlying evil is disturbing. Can't believe they are making this a series. I don't let my 10 year old watch the original "Twilight "/ "Eclipse" movies because of their ratings (PG-13); but this movie/ series is no better for anyone under the age of 13.
Parent Written byfactual July 20, 2011

fact

i let my daughter and seven sons watch this show alone because it has nothing mean in it but fighting which is still ok because i tell them its like what super people do.I enjoy it as well and so do all my friends kids.
Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2011

MY BABYSITTER'S A VAMPIRE

This is an amazing show for kids 11-14. Some of the violence isn't good for the littler kids. And yes, I know that a lot of you have your knickers in a twist because Disney of all channels is producing it. They are doing this because they have a LOT of little kid stuff. By the age of 11, most of the shows are just cute shows for younger kids. Disney is just trying to be appealing and entertaining to ALL ages so they can run a good business and have an all ages friendly channel.
Teen, 13 years old Written byI have new socks on July 4, 2011

the newest hit series

This show has gotten a lot of bad reviews, why? This show is surprisingly really good. I understand not letting a seven year old watch it but for tweens and teens this is a great show! It teaches lessons like don't give into peer pressure and always stick up for your friends. As for the whole religon thing the shows only one of the guys taking holy water. That type of thing is to be expected in any vampire movie or show. It does not dishonor anything! The show was created to replace wizards of waverly place which had vampires and werewolves. The russo family even had a budda statue. This show is very light compared to harry potter, the vampire diaries, or twilight. The show is full of comedy and friendship appealing to tweens. The cast is full of talented actors like mathew knight and ella farlinger. The show isn't graphic and people dont die. I would reccomend this show to anyone who likes wizards of waverly place. Bottom line this show is perfect for kids 10-14