All parent member reviews for My Babysitter's a Vampire

Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byfastraxsg November 16, 2012

So OVER DRAMATIC! Stop insulting my favorite show! Even my dad loves the show! Im 12 btw..

PUHLEESE! You parents are being so dramatic with your " NOT FOR KIDS" sign.. If kids cant watch it, who will? Do you seriously think its an adult show?! *eyeroll* you obviously havent seen today shows and movies..okok i agree this show is leaned for a bit older kids.. Lets say 12. "NOT FOR KIDS" is a bit over the limit. If this is NOT FOR KIDS i guess twilight would be NOT FOR ANYONE lol! There isnt even bad language or sexual behavior in this! Gosh... Unbelievable.. Save your comments for shows like Kick Ass.. Not this.
Parent Written byglobalgirl October 10, 2012

Cheesy supernatural, fantasy show that is funny if you don't take it seriously.

When I first watched this show, I found it really campy, cheeesy, and a little dumb. My child who is 7 found it scary and now refuses to watch it. I still watch it and the more I watch it, I find myself laughing out loud. The dialogue and the situations between the characters are hilarious. I also like the characters, especially Benny Weir. This show reminds me of the Twilight Zone with a dash of Twilight. Every episode the supernatural nerds and their vampire buddy have to battle a fantasy foe, like zombies or witches. This show has a subtle lesson to be learned at the end of the show, like when Benny makes a love potion, he learns not fool around with nature because it can create a backlash. Anyways, I hope this show has many more seasons because it's a great escape from boring sit coms, plus the writing and acting is good.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byClearclearperson123 August 11, 2012

Great!

Listen guys I know the past episodes have been pretty bad but that Vanessa Morgan girl I love the way she acts and I can tell she loves pets
Adult Written byTropicalhurricane July 28, 2012

Pretty good show!

Disney usually doesn't show these kind of shows. But this show is pretty good overall. But it does have some scary parts. I would say its great for kids 10 and older.
Parent Written byamanda737h June 15, 2012

Absolutly Nothing wrong with this show. Love it!

If your children have ever seen, Nightmare before christmas, hocus pocus, or Harry Potter then this show is just fine for them. I know some religous people might not like it because of their belifes, but honestly as a mother of an 8 year old, I don't see anything wrong with it. Me and my child love the show and I hope they continue to play it.
Adult Written bySlytherin Student March 13, 2012

Great, NOTHING wrong with it

It is a vampire show, clearly it will have blood. It is not very violent and has only a little kissing, which is not sexual content. There is not language either. It is a great vampire show for children that love vampires, but are too young to watch other vampire shows and movies. There is nothing wrong with it, obviously. My little cousin, who is five, watches this show all the time and has never had a nightmare from the "violence". He loves it. Disney is just trying to appeal to all adges of kids. Toy Story is meant for a younger audiance. It is going to make older children bored. This show is incredible. I'm nineteen and I love to sit down and watch it with my little sister and cousin. It is hilarious. And to other adults on here (I am an adult. I'm almost twenty now), I see nothing wrong with this. If you go visit most middle schools and high schools, there are sex addicts, drugs, fights, kids getting sent to juvi, smoking. And you say this show, which is not real life like all of what I just mentioned, is BAD but high school is fine? Pfftt.. That's crazy. Kids watch the news. They've seen worse stuff than two boys flirting with a cute vampire girl.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bymileycyruse54 January 28, 2012

Awesome

Parent Written bymimi3374 January 11, 2012

Pick your battles

I just watched the show last night for the first time but I had to check the channel of the tv because I thought some things were inappropriate. I believe the show is for older teens but not for children under 13. I was a young mother once. I do sit down and speak to my children about whats fact and fiction. I think that this is very important when kids watch tv these days. I think Disney is stepping away from its roots. The only time you really see mickey is in the mornings for the toddlers and preschoolers.I do understand that this is what kids want to see, but understanding what is appropriate for what age level is up to the parents. There are some shows that my son,now 13, could not watch when he was younger just as well as movies. What I did do with him is talked to him about it. I didn't just say no you cant watch it. He understood and he wasn't mad. I found an alternative.
Parent Written byGoodshows22 November 29, 2011

Make things Right!

I think it's a really good show but for children 11 years and younger mabey they should not watch it but my kids enjoy it and it should'nt be cancelled because of some people who don't like it it's just not right or fair to older children who need a show that a bit over G but under PG13.
Parent Written byElement1234 November 23, 2011

Good series.

As soon as I came to this site I knew parents here are going to post how much they hate the show. I as a parent, approve it on Disney Channel. A lot of people are saying it's to "scary, violent" etc.. Really? No. It is just suited for older kids, 12 and up. Disney Channel isn't just about the shows for little 8 year olds. It is a channel made for famillies, youngest ones and the oldest ones. I have 3 children. One is 6 years and he usually watches Disney Junior. Yes, if you want totally safe cartoons for your young ones go there and at least let them watch Shake It Up which is for kids that age. Then I have a girl of age 9 and she watches Shake It Up, Hannah Montana, Wizards. And I have a 15 year old who watches this series. See, this channel is for everyone, so the show shouldn't be put off just because of your 7 year olds. It is for famillies, for people all age. At my house every kid likes they're shows, but we always watch Good Luck Charlie together. Other than that, the story is good, acting is also suprisingly good and effects too. It is a high quality series.
Parent Written bysephora d November 14, 2011

My family's opion

All I have to say is that my child my mother and i give this show a 5 stars well done brovo brovo
Parent Written bybetterparent thanu November 13, 2011

amazing

let kids watch it let them have dont be cridtical
Adult Written bydobetterforourkids September 1, 2011

glorifying evil and calling it good television... on a kid's channel? DISGUSTING!!

Teaching witchcraft to children and heralding this as acceptable.... are u serious? Just watched my first and last episode (three cheers for evil) w/my grandaughter and I'm sick! Incantations, pentagrams,stealing the souls of children; anyone who can justify this show on a "kids" channel...on any channel... is seriously irresponsible to the next generation! The seeds of shows like this will... ARE... sowing seeds of destruction that cannot ever bear good fruit! God help us all and God help our children! The spirituality of our children is our most precious resource and should not be compromised by such reckless "entertainment"
Adult Written byjoseurenda August 31, 2011

stop this nonsense of not liking this show

Its a good show just stop your nonsense people and parents stop being paranoid of this show ok cuz they know much worse. And more then parents and that's true
Parent Written byDannybes August 25, 2011

Excellent Show

My review is This is a good show maybe for kids 11 and 12 and up this is a show worth watching my kids love it i have a 10 year old and she dosnt understand some of it the language they say some times pervert but its for older i honestly think this show should stay on TV its a good show, my other kids that is 12 and 11 love it they love the way they act and they think it is funny and a show finally worth watching on Disney
Parent of a 11 year old Written byfroggey206 August 24, 2011

Not Real

if your kids get scared of the show dont tell them "toughen up vampires arent real" some parents say that talk to your children and tell them that its rashinal that they are afraid but there is no possible way it could be alive and that why would the vampires want them out of everybody in the world
Adult Written byanonymous20 August 18, 2011

Awesome show.

I see no problem with the show.. The violence is clearly fake, I have seen no real "sexual content", and they don't even use magic all the time. I work at a middle and elementary school and I hear worse language and more violence from other students then on that show. You can't shelter your kids so much.
Parent Written bydr peper man August 18, 2011

note to other parents

ok well i realy enjoy watching this show with my 3 kids we set and laugh and laugh i love this show oh yea ive seen alot of parents are talking about how violent this show is well i would also like to add that every show ive ever seen has been rated tv pg v , i think this is somthing some parents may need to think about before leting their children view this program
Parent Written byIknowCommonSence August 10, 2011

My Babysitter's a Vampire is good and your just crazy

WRONG! My Babysitter's a Vampire is the best idea EVER! My Baby SItter's a Vampire is just real and entertainig and you mommies are just over protected. Everything you are saying is just endinile and don't know what good T.V. if it hit you in the head. Disney Channel is not for people that is just only old and in College that only care about work its for people with a sence of humor and actiually know what fun is. And if the people that runs Disney Channel cannot take it off b cuz what these parents say it about what the childrean say and the 14 year olds and 13 year olds, they are just waaaaaaaaay toooooooooooooooooo negative just keep doing what u do trust me,... TRUST....ME! P.S. They do send a message you just need to stop being lazy and find it! :p
Parent Written byMom4truth July 27, 2011

Not great and not great for kids!

I cannot believe they have put this show on Disney! It is appalling. My daughter has been terrified in some scenes. There are few morals and it is not a family friendly show.