All member reviews for My Babysitter's a Vampire

Kid, 11 years old August 3, 2011

Parents - please read before you block this show or stop your kid(s) from watching it. Hope it helps.

Im 11 and, I know many kids my age like this show. I NEVER miss an episode. The show is not "evil" they fight the evil, they're not evil. Okay so i'm a christian, and its not "everything against god". They used holy water to get rid of bad spirits, and you thnk thats against god? It has nothing against god. I HATE Twilight but, LOVE this show. Honestly, i dont think it has to do alot with "Twilight", it has a vampire, so what? I think "The Boy Who Cried Werewolf" is more like a parody of "Twilight". Anyways, "My Babysitter's a Vampire" could be scary for someone under 9. Disney is getting too young for tweens and teens. No 10+ kid is gonna wanna watch "Good luck charlie" or "A.N.T Farm". (Apologies to any kid 11 or older that likes those shows, they are okay I guess.) Now that "Wizards of Waverly Place", "The Suite Life on Deck", and "Hannah Montannah" are all either ended or ending Disney needed a new hit show. Just so you know this is the only show that I rated five stars, So im not like the other kids my age that rate shows(everyone knows them, the ones with bad spelling and grammer and, either rate a show five stars or one star) I rated it five stars for a reason - ITS AMAZING. Yes, the fangs are not in the right place if they were in the K9's you wouldn't have been able to see them all the time. Some of the comedy is poor but, that is the only negative thing I have to say about this show. "My Babysitter's a Vampire" is the only show any kid will actually want to watch. Any kid or teen in middle school - high school would love this show. It's appropriate for mostly middle schoolers, to learn how to deal with life. I would recomend for mostly tweens, noone under 10. There is alot of violence. No drinking, alchol, drugs, or smoking use. It does mention "hickey", there is kissing. 36% of parents say sexual contact is an issue "really"? Theres kissing, so what, im pretty sure every other show on Disney has kissing. A girl comes out of a closet looking a mess after a make-out sene. A teen does call another a "perv". There was also talk about "hickeys" and "pueberty". Also a mention of hot girls being "plastic". 55% of parents say violence is an issue, duhh it warns about the violence, you think something that has to do with vampires wont have violence? Its rated PG so, if you didn't notice that its your fault. There is no foul launguage other than a mention of "ass", there is the little kid words like "shut up", "geek", "farthead", "butt" ect. Drugs are not a problem, a mother (Laura DeCarteret) reminds her son (Matthew Knight) no to use drugs. A girl at a teen party says "noone is drinking". I think "My Babysitter's a Vampire" sends positive messages and, has life lessons. Sarah (Vennasa Morgan) is a positive role model for any kid, the fact she risks temptations for blood and, studies even though she will be a vampire forever. The boys do "sweet talk" the girls and, call them babe. This amazing Canadian-made comedy includes *Matthew Knight*, *Vanessa Morgan* and, *Atticus Dean Mitchell*. Also *Kate Todd* and, *Cameron Kennody*. All the actors are extremely talented and experienced. It is my absolute favorite show and, I would definately recomend it to tweens and, teens. Probably around 10-16. For the parents that think this show is too violent just relax and, stop being over-protective, its not that bad and, if you dont want your kids to watch it then block it. Its not promoting violence. You parents(some not all) are over reacting, you have to relise that YOUR KIDS ARE GROWING UP. Your kids are transitioning into alittle violance and some slight "older" talk, such as talking about makeing-out and hickeys. All kids already know about that stuff, they just dont tell parents. The reason it has only 2 stars is becouse of the over-protective parents and their brainwashed soon to be over-protective kids saying its bad when its not. Its an amazing show, the graphics, the plot, the scenery,the whole story line and of course, the fantastic actors. Disney is just trying to reach out to all ages so instead of there "cute" 6-year old shows, they have an awesome tween-teen show. I'm happy that Disney is finally reaching out too a new audience. I LOVE the show and, want it to stay on air for a LONG time. It is a very well written, comedy with slight drama here and there. I knew "My Babysitter's a Vampire" would get alot of bad reviews just becouse its "different" then Disneys used to. This show is about two teenage boys, one is a seer(Matthew Knight), the other a sorcerer(Atticus Dean Mitchel), and their vampire babysitter(Vanessa Morgan), going through high school trying to fit in. Every episode involves a problem that ends up having a lesson at the end. Usually Benny's (Atticus Dean Mitchell) grandma (Joann Gregson) ends up saving the day, teaching kids to go to a grown up for help. I am glad Disney FINALLY made a break though with an ACTUAL GOOD SHOW. I know most parents are trying to protect your kids, and i get that but, getting over-protective wont help either.(Most parents that are over-protective end up having bad kids, when a kid is told it cant do something it will make them want to do it more and, do it behind your back.) I praise the parents that like this show and that are promoting it, you are true adults :)! It"s good to supervise your kids while watching there shows to see if its appropriate. Parents should let there kids explore new things on TV, and see what they have to see. I really want parents to please stop giving this completely amazing show bad reviews so they don't take it off the air. Parents and all adults please think about what was said here. I hope you all will take my word for it and, give the show a shot.;) My thanks too everyone that took their time too read this and put some thought into this and I hope adults will have a different attitude with this show when season 2 is released. I tried to use some things from negative responces to this show to show how its not that bad but if you disagree with anything I said please add it into your review casually like I did and I will see if i can change your mind/fix it. Thank you.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycat317 July 10, 2011

It's fine.

This show is fine for tweens and young teenagers, because it's actually more realistic than Hannah Montana or this "ANT Farm" thing where everyone is famous or super advanced. I mean, I know clearly that vampires don't exist, but the situations are realistic. Sarah makes sure to not give in to peer pressure- a very good example, and also helps Erica get through tough times. Erica stands up to the mean cheerleader who made fun of her. And, also, the closest to sexual behavior is two characters kissing. Not making out- a small kiss.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCielD'Rois July 15, 2011

Well Written, Great talent, Positive Messages, and Only Suggested Violence

Judging by the given reviews, not too many adults (I would say parents, but today there aren't many who fit the proper role) approve of this show currently being aired. Most of them say that the program is full of violence and et cetera, but I beg to differ. The parents here are being overly protective, too antiquated, and just outright close-minded. This program features the adventures of two friends and their vampire baby sitter (with added casts like Rory and Erica). This trio generally, in some odd fashion, gets into a load of trouble with some sort of "occult" magick, or with vampires. But, I put "occult" in parentheses because, though Benny is a sorcerer and there is magick, the world "occult" has become so cliched as to refer to any form of unknown system. But, I digress. After getting into such pickles, they are relieved by their friends, family, or life-learned-lesson. So, to lay it completely out, the show offers moral lessons by teaching children to not succumb to peer pressure, to value your family (because at the end of the program, the grandmother usually helps save the day), to not be close minded (by showing the unity between vampire and human), and to generally have fun with life. Further, this show does not show any form of consumerism, unless you think mentioning Wikipedia one time is. Moreover, there aren't any references to beverages you wouldn't like your children to drink (except coffee), there aren't and references or shown scenes with smoking or drugs, the violence is normally suggested with the exception of a few push-arounds and bites (no blood), there isn't any sexual behavior except for a minor kiss, and there isn't any "bad" language except for normal children's words like butt, geek, and et cetera. And, to put it forward, if you are a parent who doesn't let your child mature and let them see one kiss or here "butt" and "geek," you need to lighten up. I bet every single parent who has posted on here that commented badly on the kiss has kissed their spouse in front of their children and has said at least one curse word in their presence, as well. And yes, though this program is significantly different than the programs most of you parents watched as children, it is in a different time, in a different trend, and in a different generation. I am pretty sure you didn't like watching your parents shows, or, depending on how old each of you are, radio stations. So, please, don't be a hypocrite. It shows the realistic lives of teens (excluding the vampires and magick) and gives examples and tips on coping with those experiences. This show is good for anyone 9+ as it will allow a transition into middle-school, and then finally, high-school. And, while teaching this transition, it will serve as a leisure for your children after a long day of school and chores.
Teen, 13 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 June 26, 2011

sooooooooooooo bad for disney

Don't bother with this one. It's not the normal Disney Channel movie. This is filled with violence, making out, and (surprisingly for Disney) the a word. I can't believe Disney would show something so awful. And the series is just scary for kids!!! And for everyone saying it's so great and to lay off - I will NOT lay off! Disney has gone beyond in the wrong direction. Vampires, making out, mild language, and violence all packed in one. Yeah, sooooo great for kids, right? Christians like me especially shouldn't because it's everything against God. :'( That's the worst part. Please don't!
Teen, 16 years old Written bylindseynicole July 14, 2011

Fantastic show!

Fantastic show! I find all the anger towards this show absolutely ridiculous. You concerned parents are ruining this show for older teenagers that don't like majority of the shows on Disney Channel. If you don't want your children watching the show, simply turn off your TV. It's not that difficult. If you weren't already aware, vampires are very sexual creatures, but Disney toned it down as much as possible to make it presentable. If you think this is a violent and sexual show, go watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Now, that show is definitely not for kids. This show is bringing something different to Disney Channel, & it's not a bad thing. In fact, I think it's pretty great. I love this show a lot. Everything about it is fantastic. My mom loves the show as well! She actually watches it with me every night. Parents, get your heads out of the gutter, this show isn't bad. This show is not telling your children to lash out, become sexually active, or bite someone's neck. It's a quality show. Please be open minded.
Teen, 14 years old Written byobvidancer July 9, 2011

A Great T.V Series! A Mustsee

My Babysitter's a Vampire is mostly for tweens (12 and up) and teens, not necessarily for younger children. I think this a great T.V series and I would be crushed if they cancel it. I know a lot of people who love the show and I see nothing wrong with it. If you don't want your child to watch this show, be a good parent and block it. And yes, it does have kissing but c'mon Hannah Montana and the other shows don't? There is no killing either. Everyone knows that vampires drink human blood, but they don't do it on the show. Just by seeing the title of the show you should expect what would happen. Whoever says that this is not comedy is wrong. My 9 year old sister and I laughed through the whole last episode (Smells Like Trouble). Seriously c'mon, don't ruin it for the other people who like it (like myself and my 9 year old sister). Sarah (fledgling) is caught onto peer pressure from her best friend Erica (vampire). She doesn't give into the temptation and the peer pressure which makes her a great role model. Again, in my opinion, this is not a show for younger kids it's more for tweens. I'm a teenager and honestly this is the only show on Disney Channel that I really ever liked so, if it's cancelled I will be very upset.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCornholio July 6, 2011

This is baloney salami.

If you parents don't like it then BLOCK the show when its on so your kids won't watch it. US teens want to watch something that is our age. No more Phineas and Ferb and Hannah Montana (Not saying these shows are bad). The rest of the Disney shows are for 8 and under. Oh and people who are saying that the blood and violence are bad- THE MAIN CHARACTERS AND VAMPIRE HUNTERS! Whenever Sarah smell's blood of course she's going to act like its a drug- SHE DOESN'T LIKE HUMAN BLOOD. God. Stupid people these days.
Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2011

my baby sitter is a vampire

i think your kids should watch my baby sitter is a vampire beacause the movie is funny kinda scary but it will keep your kids entertain for about an hour and thirtey minutes.And some characters are good rolemodles for your children!!!!!! and thats why i think your children can watch my baby sitter is a vampire .
Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2011

MY BABYSITTER'S A VAMPIRE

This is an amazing show for kids 11-14. Some of the violence isn't good for the littler kids. And yes, I know that a lot of you have your knickers in a twist because Disney of all channels is producing it. They are doing this because they have a LOT of little kid stuff. By the age of 11, most of the shows are just cute shows for younger kids. Disney is just trying to be appealing and entertaining to ALL ages so they can run a good business and have an all ages friendly channel.
Teen, 13 years old Written byI have new socks on July 4, 2011

the newest hit series

This show has gotten a lot of bad reviews, why? This show is surprisingly really good. I understand not letting a seven year old watch it but for tweens and teens this is a great show! It teaches lessons like don't give into peer pressure and always stick up for your friends. As for the whole religon thing the shows only one of the guys taking holy water. That type of thing is to be expected in any vampire movie or show. It does not dishonor anything! The show was created to replace wizards of waverly place which had vampires and werewolves. The russo family even had a budda statue. This show is very light compared to harry potter, the vampire diaries, or twilight. The show is full of comedy and friendship appealing to tweens. The cast is full of talented actors like mathew knight and ella farlinger. The show isn't graphic and people dont die. I would reccomend this show to anyone who likes wizards of waverly place. Bottom line this show is perfect for kids 10-14
Teen, 13 years old Written byKeykers June 29, 2011

Really Disney? Really?

My Babysitter's a Vampire is in my opinion one of the worst shows Disney has had. In one of the episodes one of the main characters was checking out the girls when they were stretching, basically got horny when the babysitter said she was going to get a shower and tried to follow her until she said, "At Home!". This show is too sexual, has horrible acting (the "fangs" aren't even in the right place, the fangs are supposed to be on the K9s not beside the two front teeth) The blond vampire boy got horny when they were stuck in the blood bus and said to skip to the end of the romantic movies... Thats what Disney wants kids to be thinking about? Sex? Too much violence, and it seems like when they smell blood, its like a drug. The language isn't really helping kids choose other words then shut up, and the whole nine yards. And I wouldn't choose one star but I have too to post it.
Kid, 11 years old June 19, 2011

It's AMAZEING but it's not for younger kids

This movie is SO cool!! Usually I hate vampire stuff and don't really like to watch them but this is really good! But there is a little to much violence for younger kids and is a has a little to much sexual stuff. But it's awesome! I can't wait for the series!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydoodlebuggy(: July 23, 2011

Have some sense, Disney!

Okay. So. I'm 13 and personally really hate this show. It's a really lame parody of Twilight and I the people are horrible actors. There is way to much talk of being "hot" and there's way to much kissing. BUT, on the other side, my sister's 16 and PG/G is all we're allowed to watch. We're not allowed to watch TV-14. My sister seems to like it. Bleh. ~THEREFORE, Disney needs to bring something for older teenagers to watch, maybe towards the evening, while keeping a steady balance for those who are 8 or 9. I like the way Nick plans their stuff out. They have Nick@Nite, Nick, and NickJr. I like that. Walt Disney would be so disappointed in this show. :(
Teen, 14 years old Written byGothraindrop June 28, 2011

Teens only all depending on the mature too

I like this show i do think it could be better though BTW i'm 14 my mom lets me look at whatever i want and I say this show is only good for teens
Teen, 15 years old Written byGuardianBrother July 4, 2012

Vampire trash

Never before have I seen such a show on Disney Channel. I found my siblings watching one episode, and it really does a bang up job of promoting the occult. As a Christian, I am incredibly offended by the amount of occult content on the show. Here is a short list of things your child(ren) could get themselves into if they get interested (and these are far more dangerous and less innocent than Harry Potter): Ouiji boards, bibliomancy, black magic, cartomancy, demonology, exorcism, and evocation. The sex and language is bad too (the "a" word is in here), however the magic dominates this show along with the violence. An option you can take to avoid this train wreck is to show your kids what you used to watch as a kid (but nothing inappropriate). As for this mess, tell Disney to shove a stake into the heart of this show and cancel it.
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2011

What Was Disney Thinking?

Okay, I'm only twelve, and I'm really grown up for my age, and I know this is NOT appropriate! I mean, I didn't see the whole movie, but they said the a word and the vampires were killing people! What was Disney thinking?!? Just terribleee movie and series! Why did they even make a series? The movie was bad and just had a terrible plot in the 1st place. Man Disneys just going downhill. I love WOWP, Good Luck Charlie, Fish Hooks is okay I guess, I loved SLOD and before that SL of Z and C, and Phin. and Ferb is good, OH and A.N.T Farm is. . . okay. . . but this? Worst movie and series (Other than Pair of Kings!) by Disney! All the other kids my age that reviewed this (you know, the ones with bad spelling and bad grammar XD) liked it, but if you ask me, they have no sense in good media (No offence!) Duces! (Look it up XD)
Teen, 13 years old Written by_rhirhi_13 July 22, 2015

Parents, You Honestly Need To Admit That Your Kids Are Growing Up!

I'm 13, and honestly I think this show is great for kids! It's good for the younger ones, (no younger than 8) because they can laugh. But it's also good for the more mature audiences because, Disney Channel has and always will add sexual jokes in their scripts so that the more mature audiences can laugh. BUT, there is also great messages in the show! There might be more violence than usual but, don't forget that older kids still watch Disney too! Just like in every Disney show, there is a message at the end of each episode that honestly, only parents and older kids will understand. I know this show isn't even on TV anymore but it is still streaming on Netflix. The only reason why Disney Channel isn't playing the show anymore is because of parents complaining that the show is too sexual or violent. It's a great show! My friend's little sisters aren't even allowed to watch this and it's ridiculous. My conclusion is that kids are growing up, and Disney Channel is growing up with them. It's ok to laugh at a few sexual jokes.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJraya4life July 14, 2015

Truth About My Babysitters a Vampire

OMG. Here goes my thoughts. 1.This is not a parody of Twilight- and if u are saying that u never watched twilight. In twilight there is no magician, twilight is about romance between Bella and Edward and etc while M.B.V (my babysitters a vampire)is about a group of friends 3 are vampires, 1 does witch craft and the last one gets visions about the past or future depending on the situation. The similarities here are vampire and their in highschool. 2. There was no cussing- people stop starting rumors grow up. Take that pacifier out of ur mouth. I watches all the episode twice both seasons and there was no use of the word a** and if ur gonna say stuff tell me what episode it was used. And if you cant dont say nun. 3. Theres a lot of violence- I'm not gonna say alot cuz there is only a few thibgs i got to say. Compare this to twilight or insidious chapter 3 and tell me violence. Smh you people are crazy if a few punches a little blood give ur child nightmare and their 5 something aint working properly, because blood is something that kids see.
Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2015