All member reviews for My Babysitter's a Vampire

Kid, 9 years old August 23, 2012

Love this show

It is my favorite show it has comedy and everything is great aboute it . It's a good thing to watch while going to bed
Teen, 14 years old Written byEthanCH August 19, 2012

Great show, parents read before u block series.

My babysitter's a vampire is a great show. A lot of parents think this show is bad for kids.....it's not. Now I will say its not for kids 9 and under. But it's great for Tweens. You parents need to know that us kids don't think like you! Parents shouldn't tell us what to watch and Wat not to watch (as long as its not sexual or anything bad) this show is great and if it gets cancelled my world will crash.
Kid, 10 years old August 17, 2012

Ok show

Well I like it but I would not recommend it for kids unless they like to be scared
Teen, 14 years old Written byNiCocoSuxx August 11, 2012

What are you close-minded people thinking?

Are you people insane? This show is absolutely amazing. I'm happy this show is even on Disney Channel. It has became one of my favourites. They're trying to target to an older audience. If you don't like it... Just don't watch it. Go block it if you want to. The actors are amazing. It's rated PG for living sakes. You can look on Nick and find PG rated shows and you see close-minded people don't even enjoy this show a bit. I believe this show would catch the tween&teen audiences. This show has a positive message if you can give it thought to notice it. I always record this show on my AT&T U-Verse television and end up watching it when there are a few episodes recorded. It's complete entertainment. I could see this show being on air for a couple more years and being the highest rating show on Disney Channel within the teenage/tween age group. This show is freakin' amazing as I already had mentioned. If any part of this show scares your little ones... Just tell them that it's for older kids. If they like..they like it. I vaguely remember TV shows that I watched when I was 5 or 6. And those were higher ratings than this show. I grew up past it (maybe even regretting a bit, too) and I actually had enjoyed those shows at this age of a higher rate depending on the material that was aired now in this present era. Matthew Knight is my favorite one out of all the actors within the show. For his character, Ethan Morgan, I love when touches a certain object..he has a vision on what horrible has the possibility is going to happen later on in the episode. Himself, Benny, whomever portrays the usual to help stop it from happening. Matthew has this innocent look which I think portrays his character really well. My Babysitter's A Vampire is amazing, once again said. I wish I could have a supernatural power. This show clearly deserved a 5 star rating.
Kid, 11 years old July 31, 2012

Great Show, But Never Expected From Disney

I love this show!!!! But never expected from disney channel. This isn' t your normal disney show. It's very violent. The target with this show is to get veiwers from 7-10. But some children would think it's true and get scared so the target is really 10-12. But Disney dosn't realize that.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKC+CJ=4eva July 20, 2012

I can see why some parents are concerned, but it's completely fine for tweens and teenagers.

I don't understand why parents are so worked up about this. I think that Disney was genious for thinking this up. I continiously have to struggle with staying away from negative peer-pressure because I go to one of the worst school districts in my state! This show really helps with kids in staying away from the negative influences of your average day school where bullies, drugs, and pregnencies are everywhere. I don't think that it is appropriate for children under 11 or ten years old, for they say things like "hickey" and also in one part Benny gets a little horny, as well as a mention of alcohol use.... But have any of you parents ever been to a MIDDLE SCHOOL? There are kids making out on lockers, fights in the hallway, pregnant girls walking around, people in gangs (well at least in my middle school, I haven't an idea about yours). They see that stuff pactically everyday, I think that this is probably more appropriate than going to school. I'm actually glad that Disney is trying to break away from being a Christan channel, which my friends and I always thought was a little rascist (no offense). The mention of Holy Water and Vampires are a part of everyday life and conversation and are not rascist in the least, to me. My 10 year-old younger sister and I watch and love this show to death, and watch it practically every night. She understands all the jokes and we even make jokes about the show. One thing that parents SHOULD be concerned about though, is that Benny does get a little horny, there is some kissing and violence, and mentions of alcohol. So any parent that has a tight leash on their children should watch the show first, before allowing their children to watch. Watch out for the younger children though, they should not be watching this, in my opinion, until they are AT LEAST 10 years old. Again, it has some things that parents might want to be concerned about. I over-all thought that this was a really good family movie, and thought that almost all of the characters were good role models.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGabiey July 19, 2012

Fangtastic show

This show is the best ever in a long shot, everyone else thinks the show is inappropriate for kids, this show is amazing, the plot of the show is wonderful and the acting is amazing. To all of you out there who said this show stinks then why is the show currently in its second season, and if you think you can do better then why aren't your shows on disney yet. I personally think that this show is a step up for disney, like the channels rivals like nick and cartoon network, they finally have a show that's not a sitcom but still has some good comedy and action. I love disney's new shows because there new and there is not really anything like this on television. Sure there is a little blood but its about vampires what did you expect, unicorns and fairies to be on screen all the time. I have never heard one bad word come out of their mouths, and I've seen all the episodes and the movie. So go ahead and try to tear the show down, there are to many fans to make this show go away, and I'm one of them this show is great for ages 8- any age above. My 8 YEAR OLD BROTHER watched the movie with me twice and we both adore the show, I more than him of course, but still go ahead and try to do better than this, but I guarantee that you can't. This show is just to amazing to take off the air.
Kid, 10 years old July 16, 2012

NOTHING IS BAD!

Parents need to settle down. Good Luck Charlie isnt good. It has cheating and kissing. The main character sneaked to a party and threw a party while parents were away twice. And Wizards of Waverly Place has the same supernatural stuff like MBAV. MBAV is nothing bad. Parents just need something to hate on.
Kid, 10 years old July 12, 2012

The best of all!

I think this show has violence alittle. but I agree it is a fantastic show. parents stop disagreeing about this show. I am ten year old and adore it.I live in Canada and have american channels which includes Disney Channel. My mom agrees with me to watch this show . she agrees i can handle all that, sometimes my five year old brother watches My babysitter a vampire. I tell my brother if he is scared and he says no. I watch this show alot and my mom lets my little brother watch it to but it is his chioce.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySkybluefox14 July 9, 2012

Awesome show

I love this show. I'm a teen, so this is kinda my thing. I do agree this is not really for younger kids and parents are over reacting. I suggest watching it yourself then with your kids. Decide for yourself because everyone has different opinions. I do realize Disney is now making more crappy shows than ever but some are great like Good Luck Charlie, Ant Farm, and Jessie. I really miss That's so Raven, Suite of Zack and Cody, and movies like The Cheetah Girls. This show is different and it's awesome. Parents will be parents and have different says on this but kids really like it. I hope it doesn't get removed because of parents like Naruto was put off of Disney XD...
Teen, 15 years old Written byGuardianBrother July 4, 2012

Vampire trash

Never before have I seen such a show on Disney Channel. I found my siblings watching one episode, and it really does a bang up job of promoting the occult. As a Christian, I am incredibly offended by the amount of occult content on the show. Here is a short list of things your child(ren) could get themselves into if they get interested (and these are far more dangerous and less innocent than Harry Potter): Ouiji boards, bibliomancy, black magic, cartomancy, demonology, exorcism, and evocation. The sex and language is bad too (the "a" word is in here), however the magic dominates this show along with the violence. An option you can take to avoid this train wreck is to show your kids what you used to watch as a kid (but nothing inappropriate). As for this mess, tell Disney to shove a stake into the heart of this show and cancel it.
Kid, 10 years old June 30, 2012

Awesome Show!

This show is great, but some blood and scary images are shown. There is also the occasional "Crud!"
Kid, 11 years old June 24, 2012

Vampires!

This show is disturbing. I have always hated the thought of vampires, they scare me. I read Harry Potter and the Hunger Games, but something about vampires shakes me up. Why, why did Disney create this show/movie? So many younger kids watch Disney, and this is how they treat their viewers? With violence, blood, make out scenes, and the word A**! Kids will have nightmares!!! The whole thing about taking souls and drinking blood is just pure evil. I think Disney only created My Babysitter's A Vampire because they wanted to draw in teen viewers, expand their show and movie age range. But the big question is: What if a little kid watches the movie instead? How will they feel? Their parents? Kids already think their are monsters under their bed, now Disney is promoting the thought of vampires?! Disney may have crappy shows, but everything is mostly clean. Not this movie. And the whole holy water thing? Who actually breaks into a Church to steal holy water, puts it in a water gun and goes on a vampire hunt?
Kid, 11 years old April 18, 2012

ok for older tweens

the show is really good but sometimes disturbing the show should PG-13 and this should not be a disney animation
Teen, 14 years old Written byhonda150 April 12, 2012

innapropriate

to many gays and black people
Teen, 13 years old Written bylevelupfreak12 March 27, 2012

It's a great show/movie :D

I personally don't understand why everyone is freaking out over this movie and how it was sooo inapropiate and stupid because it's not it's actually really cool. Yes there is some mild violence but it's about vampires what do you excpect. But i think it's a cool show and I'm a girl. Most people would excpect the movie to appeal to boys but it's a good movie for everyone. It's really cool and I'm glad that the show came out, I just wish it would play more often. But rather than mild violence there isn't anything wrong with the show or movie.
Kid, 10 years old March 7, 2012

Seriously?

Oh my gosh. This is so awful! It's off in my house, but it doesn't bother me. I can't believe Disney used the a word! I mean sure it's one time, but still! Very scary stuff. When this comes on I turn on On Demand and watch something else, or turn the TV off. I think Disney has better things to do then copy the Twilight Series.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 February 4, 2012

zsfsxhbxdf

this show is amazingly good.
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2011

NO SELF RESPECTING 11 YEAR OLD WOULD WAATCH THIS FOR ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!!!!!

i never really gave this show a chance cuz it looked stupid but i was flipping channel and stopped to watch yesterday.it alot bloodier and egier than most disney shows but just as stupid as i thought it would be.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylizzy1234 December 5, 2011