All member reviews for My Babysitter's a Vampire

Twilight parody is bloodier than usual Disney fare.

Teen, 16 years old Written bylindseynicole July 14, 2011

Fantastic show!

Fantastic show! I find all the anger towards this show absolutely ridiculous. You concerned parents are ruining this show for older teenagers that don't like majority of the shows on Disney Channel. If you don't want your children watching the show, simply turn off your TV. It's not that difficult. If you weren't already aware, vampires are very sexual creatures, but Disney toned it down as much as possible to make it presentable. If you think this is a violent and sexual show, go watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Now, that show is definitely not for kids. This show is bringing something different to Disney Channel, & it's not a bad thing. In fact, I think it's pretty great. I love this show a lot. Everything about it is fantastic. My mom loves the show as well! She actually watches it with me every night. Parents, get your heads out of the gutter, this show isn't bad. This show is not telling your children to lash out, become sexually active, or bite someone's neck. It's a quality show. Please be open minded.
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2011

What Was Disney Thinking?

Okay, I'm only twelve, and I'm really grown up for my age, and I know this is NOT appropriate! I mean, I didn't see the whole movie, but they said the a word and the vampires were killing people! What was Disney thinking?!? Just terribleee movie and series! Why did they even make a series? The movie was bad and just had a terrible plot in the 1st place. Man Disneys just going downhill. I love WOWP, Good Luck Charlie, Fish Hooks is okay I guess, I loved SLOD and before that SL of Z and C, and Phin. and Ferb is good, OH and A.N.T Farm is. . . okay. . . but this? Worst movie and series (Other than Pair of Kings!) by Disney! All the other kids my age that reviewed this (you know, the ones with bad spelling and bad grammar XD) liked it, but if you ask me, they have no sense in good media (No offence!) Duces! (Look it up XD)
Teen, 13 years old Written byKeykers June 29, 2011

Really Disney? Really?

My Babysitter's a Vampire is in my opinion one of the worst shows Disney has had. In one of the episodes one of the main characters was checking out the girls when they were stretching, basically got horny when the babysitter said she was going to get a shower and tried to follow her until she said, "At Home!". This show is too sexual, has horrible acting (the "fangs" aren't even in the right place, the fangs are supposed to be on the K9s not beside the two front teeth) The blond vampire boy got horny when they were stuck in the blood bus and said to skip to the end of the romantic movies... Thats what Disney wants kids to be thinking about? Sex? Too much violence, and it seems like when they smell blood, its like a drug. The language isn't really helping kids choose other words then shut up, and the whole nine yards. And I wouldn't choose one star but I have too to post it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGothraindrop June 28, 2011

Teens only all depending on the mature too

I like this show i do think it could be better though BTW i'm 14 my mom lets me look at whatever i want and I say this show is only good for teens
Teen, 13 years old Written byLyvhatter October 19, 2015

I'm amazed Disney channel put this out!!

I'm 13 and I DO NOT approve of this. I watched the movie/series and even I think this is crud. In the movie they mention Hickys and Sex. They don't say sex but when the blonde haired girl Erica comes out of a bedroom sweaty and messy hair with a boy, it's pretty clear they had some sort of sexual content. And they also say ASS!!!! That's crazy for Disney channel!!! I can't believe Disney channel would put out this teen movie. Kids should not be exposed to this. And they also mess with religion (the church) and I DONT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANY KID UNDER 13!!! I hope parents read this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNightSky3 August 11, 2011

Disney channel has a new line of tv shows and it's vamp theme!!'

I think this show should be for ten and up because some mild violence and because you don't want you seven year old child biting someone's neck do you? It has some like 1 second kisses in it but I say 10 and up!!!!
Parent Written byJLMOM July 19, 2011

Good show for the family

Many of the shows on disney are aimed at children under 10. This is one of the few shows that I can watch with my 13 yr old. It is rated TV PG and is on Disney, so you know there is not going to be anything really questionable on the show.Disney channel wasn't created just for little kids, its for big kids too. If you feel it isn't right for your child, turn off the TV or change the channel.
Kid, 11 years old June 19, 2011

It's AMAZEING but it's not for younger kids

This movie is SO cool!! Usually I hate vampire stuff and don't really like to watch them but this is really good! But there is a little to much violence for younger kids and is a has a little to much sexual stuff. But it's awesome! I can't wait for the series!
Kid, 10 years old July 26, 2011

crystal world

Parent Written byAnnaAnna July 14, 2011

The show is a comedy

This show is fine, whenever I babysit, the kid loves to see it, he's 11 and never misses an episode. Honestly, the show's a comedy, and the movie MIGHT scare kids that are scared of vampires, other than that, it's actually quite humorous. And, if you're worried about messages that the show sends, it's mostly just about three friends and a girl who's a vampire. Your kids will mostly just see it as entertainment. I think it's a GREAT show, and people that don't want their children to watch it, should just switch to something else, infact, with all the childhod obesity, and the obesity epidemic, you should be more scared of McDonald commercials, they're all over the children's channels (Nick and Cartoon Network).
Adult Written byLolabelllabella October 7, 2014

Awesome

Okay so I'm a kid and I love this show your kids should watch it, nothings wrong with it in my perspective, it may have have a bit of violence in it but they are fighting vampires what do you expect. The only part is in the movie it has a bad word or two just to warn you!
Adult Written byTelevision Guide November 6, 2011

Not for Kids, but Great for the Mature Audience

This movie is actually well done. For a teenager/adult, this movie actually delivers quite some life lessons such as: Not giving into peer pressure, not to do drugs... It also has quite a level of entertainment most Disney Channel Original Movies fail to deliver. The plot is suspenseful, thrilling, and funny all at once. The acting is plausable as well. Now for kids, I would not recommend this movie. If you're trying to be a good parent then this is not the movie you sh3ould allow your kids under the age of 12 to watch, especially unacco32mpanied. There are several references to tongue kissing and making out (hickeys are shown and are referred to). A girl at a party tells another girl not to worry since no one is drinking anyway (reference to alcohol). A vampire takes a teenage girl into the room and she comes back out all messed up (sexually). A mother tells her son not to ever do drugs. Plus, there's the violence. There are several usages of butt, geek, nerd, and fartface, and one instance of "ass". Overall, this movie should not have been shown on Disney Channel. It earns a TV-14(LDV) However, I disagree that this movie is inappropriate and reprehensible because of those elements. It is probably because of these mature references that the movie appeals to the older audience which Disney was probably trying to do.
Teen, 13 years old Written byI have new socks on July 4, 2011

the newest hit series

This show has gotten a lot of bad reviews, why? This show is surprisingly really good. I understand not letting a seven year old watch it but for tweens and teens this is a great show! It teaches lessons like don't give into peer pressure and always stick up for your friends. As for the whole religon thing the shows only one of the guys taking holy water. That type of thing is to be expected in any vampire movie or show. It does not dishonor anything! The show was created to replace wizards of waverly place which had vampires and werewolves. The russo family even had a budda statue. This show is very light compared to harry potter, the vampire diaries, or twilight. The show is full of comedy and friendship appealing to tweens. The cast is full of talented actors like mathew knight and ella farlinger. The show isn't graphic and people dont die. I would reccomend this show to anyone who likes wizards of waverly place. Bottom line this show is perfect for kids 10-14
Parent Written bysahm2 June 29, 2011

This is NOT the Disney channel that I grew up with!

I wondered how this show got through our high filter settings...we have our TV locks set to block any show PG-13. Well, this is the only show on the Disney channel that is rated NR. Pretty tricky. Thanks to this site I showed her that this show is best for teenagers, not 8 year olds. She is a compliant child otherwise I would have to block the whole Disney channel. Still considering it...
Parent Written bySacowillove December 16, 2013

Wonderful Series with many incorrect assumptions and judgements....

Reading through most of these reviews, I am finding that many judged too quickly. One episode, or merely the movie is not an accurate representation of the show as a whole. And there are several points which I have read that I would like to qualify or correct. 1) I have watched nearly every episode and the movie, several times. Not once have I heard inappropriate language. If you think you heard naught words, please listen again. The language is clean. 2) The concept of vampires is a little darker than Playhouse Disney. That is the nature of the show. And that is why it is not recommended for 4 year-olds. Understand that the shows interesting to a young child are not the same for a tween or teen. Disney simply is gearing shows to that audience, just as there are shows for the little tykes. The two types of shows are split into morning and evening for a reason. 3) There are many misconceptions within the various reviews. Statements that the show is too "sexy" or "violent." I admit that this isn't Winnie the Pooh. There are human/vampire vs. vampire/other supernatural creature battles. But the majority of these battles are with domestic means: squirt guns, nerf guns, moon rocks, wonderfully funny magic and ingenuity. It is in no way as violent as it may appear at first. Basically, what I am trying to say is give it a chance for yourself, not what other people tell you, which may be wrong.
Parent Written byneneeagle August 6, 2011

What I think of this show

This show is a great show. I sat down with my daughter one day and watched a few episodes with her, and i myself found it very entertaining. I find this show very appropriate for ages 10 & up. this show sends out great messages for children: friendship, resisting temptation, and learning to love and accept who you are.
Parent Written bykmitk July 18, 2011

Disney headed in the wrong direction

Very disappointed. I was shocked at the preview of this show, but I watched an episode to see how it was. This did not look like a Disney Channel show at all! I don't see why they aired this. Disney doesn't have to be like every other network out there. They are supposed to be DIFFERENT......and SAFE for kids. As for us parents being "overprotective", more parents should be. We care about our kids & they don't need to see these images at such a young age. I shouldn't have to block Disney shows from my children. That's crazy. I don't allow my kids to watch this show, but I still have to beware of the previews of it when other shows are on. If they were going to put a show on like this, they should've at least put it on DisneyXD.... My 5 and 7 yr olds don't watch that channel. Of course, if there's any question about it, maybe it's a good idea not to air it at all.
Adult Written byvampiregirl2005 November 6, 2014

BEST SHOW EVER!!!!

yes does have some violence but I am 9 I showed my the trailer and she said ''why bother asking me, your turning ten and that's nothing I thought it would be rated 12 I would rate that appropriate for 6year olds!!!''
Adult Written byMclauren1018 June 21, 2015
My brother is 5 years old and just going into kindergarten and watches it ALL the time. He loves it. It hasn't influenced him in any way, it hasn't taught him anything he doesn't know, and I think it's one of disneys greatest shows that has aired (tho it isn't showing often anymore). My mom lets home watch it and usual she's rely strict on what we can and can't watch but she found there's nothing wrong with the show. There is violence, mild language, and a lot of blood but nothing inconsiderate tbh tho. And if u r reading any of these other parents reviews that say it's wrong, they're wrong and DBEYR ppl!! There's nothing wrong with vampires... I saw one mom out the show is "PURE EVIL" shut up lady you're soooo dramatic tbh ugh.
Parent Written byjesus.rocks77 December 28, 2011

Clean, Good Kids' Movie

I particularly enjoyed the movie. It was quite a bit cheesy, but kids 10-13 should enjoy it, and teens my age and up... Well, it depends on the person (I'm 14, by the way). Language: None. There was some name-calling and some impolite things,like, dork, stupid, shut up, etc... Sex: A couple of background kisses at a "senior vampire party," and 2 implied make-outs between a human and a vampire. Drug and Alcohol: None. One girl made one comment, "Besides, no one here is even drinking." To which another girl replied, "Not yet..." Though the second WAS referring to it as a vampire-drink theme, and the first was speaking about alcohol. Violence: Your typical cheesy violence, not very literal. You see a few vampires smoking from UV burns and water burns, and you see no blood at all in the movie. Overall, it was very clean, and something kids should enjoy. :)