All member reviews for My Babysitter's a Vampire

Twilight parody is bloodier than usual Disney fare.

Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2014

LITTLE BLOOD?

I THINK THIS IS A BAD VAMPIRE SHOW. ITS NOT ABOUT THE COMDEY IS ABOUT THE VAMPIRES. THEY ALSO SHOW A LITTLE TINY BIT OF BLOOD. SOOOO DISAPPOINTING
Teen, 15 years old Written bykelseyerin412 November 4, 2012

Watch it once for yourself and you'll know!

I am a teenager and I find this show terrible!! I'm not talking about quality, but it is completely inappropriate to be put on a kid's network. I have seen only one episode of this show. In the episode I saw a little girl get possessed by some sort of "evil spirit", promotion of drinking blood, and many other things that made me, a 15 year old, want to turn the channel immediately. If you would like positive things for your children you will not find it in this show. I come from a christian family and am a strong christian myself. I was and am always aloud to watch what I think will be positive for me. So as a parent allow your mature, trustworthy child to choose for themselves, but this is not for ANY child or tween.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEthanCH August 19, 2012

Great show, parents read before u block series.

My babysitter's a vampire is a great show. A lot of parents think this show is bad for kids.....it's not. Now I will say its not for kids 9 and under. But it's great for Tweens. You parents need to know that us kids don't think like you! Parents shouldn't tell us what to watch and Wat not to watch (as long as its not sexual or anything bad) this show is great and if it gets cancelled my world will crash.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCaBoOsE February 1, 2012

Good role models=Good shows

Why would anyone hate this show? I'm 13 and know that there are thousands of people who love this show. SO it has some violence and some sexual stuff but tv changes. It can't remain the same forever. Though i wouldn't recommend this for anyone under 12. Most of the shows on disney are for children under 8, it's about time they have a good show for once for tweens and teens. It has kissing big deal, what show on disney doesn't? So what if it's not like the other shows disney usually has, things change.This show wasn't even made by disney it was made by teletoon kind of like a canadian version of it and was created for tweens-teens. So it's rated pg in canada so it got the same in america. And how is this against God? It mentions vampires(there not real) or demons it talks about the devil in the bible. All of you parents out there(except ones that are okay with the show) are just trying to keep your children from growing up and your not giving them any freedom. Sure SOME of the language isn't great for younger kids, but they will all here those words eventually!! AND there is only some violence like people getting pushed or kicked in the stomach, etc. You never see any one getting bitten (except for Rory-Cameron Kennedy).In the show it show five teens trying to survive how hard high school can be, with one trying to deal with the peer pressure from her best friend. That right there is a good role model that shows kids how to say "no" and to not give into peer pressure. Disney has need a show for tweens-teens for a long time. If you keep trying to stop your children from doing something they like they will start to listen less, SO LAY OFF. If you saw some of the shows that children in my middle school watch or if your children watched those shows you would be begging them to watch My babysitter's a vampire. GIVE THIS SHOW A CHANCE.
Kid, 10 years old July 24, 2011

ok but not for adorable little kids

Ok well, I didnt watch the movie and one day i watched the series and it was so innapropiate its very nasty and i know in the movie sombody said the a word and mentioned a hickie watever that is?! but its just crazy for disne y to do that! i gave two extra points bcz its actually kinda good
Kid, 10 years old July 24, 2011

for kifds

It is an allsomeshow and ejm1701d it is for kids and 10 year old should not be watching micky mouse and i am a christen
Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2016

I really like it!

I think it does NOT have language, and it is NOT about Twilight. Have you SEEN the movie, "Liar, Liar Vampire"?
Parent Written bySarah D. October 18, 2016

INAPROPIATE

I was really disappointed by this movie. I can't believe I heard "a**". There is also sexual content I URGE YOU NOT TO LET YOUR FAMILY TO WATCH THIS MOVIE
Teen, 13 years old Written byFantasyGal21 August 9, 2016

Amazing starting movie for Teens who want to watch scary movies

I typically don't like scary movies, but if you want to start watching them this is a great start.The last part of the movie is a little creepy, but it has a lot of things every movie needs... -----Ethan is the main character and a great role model. He is smart and resourceful. -----Benny is Ethan's best friend who is the goofball. Together the two geeks are hilarious -----Sarah is a vampire (technically fledgling) who hasn't drank human blood yet. She is constantly being verbally harassed by people who want her to drink human blood and turn into a true vampire. -----There's a lot of humor, for example, the ignorant parents who go dancing every Friday evening and think everything's a school project. As well as the little sister who bargains with Ethan not to tell their parents. ***If you really like the movie there's a television series based off of it. Some of the episodes are more scary then the movie, like: "Die, Pod!" and "Three Geeks and a Demon", but I really enjoy the television series more than the movie.*** I hope you will watch the movie then, if you like it, watch the TV series. -FantasyGal21
Kid, 9 years old June 27, 2016

One of the best movies ever!!!

In my opinion I think it is one of the best movies ever! I am a big vampire fan so I really like it! What I want to inform you about is blood is in a couple of scenes and kissing but anyone above nine should be able to handle it all.
Kid, 12 years old April 9, 2016

Good :)

I mean it's sorta of violent, but not terrible. There's no harsh language, and it's a pretty good show. It's about vampires and supernatural highschoolers so if that your thing, your probably going to like it.
Teen, 13 years old Written by_rhirhi_13 July 22, 2015

Parents, You Honestly Need To Admit That Your Kids Are Growing Up!

I'm 13, and honestly I think this show is great for kids! It's good for the younger ones, (no younger than 8) because they can laugh. But it's also good for the more mature audiences because, Disney Channel has and always will add sexual jokes in their scripts so that the more mature audiences can laugh. BUT, there is also great messages in the show! There might be more violence than usual but, don't forget that older kids still watch Disney too! Just like in every Disney show, there is a message at the end of each episode that honestly, only parents and older kids will understand. I know this show isn't even on TV anymore but it is still streaming on Netflix. The only reason why Disney Channel isn't playing the show anymore is because of parents complaining that the show is too sexual or violent. It's a great show! My friend's little sisters aren't even allowed to watch this and it's ridiculous. My conclusion is that kids are growing up, and Disney Channel is growing up with them. It's ok to laugh at a few sexual jokes.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJraya4life July 14, 2015

Truth About My Babysitters a Vampire

OMG. Here goes my thoughts. 1.This is not a parody of Twilight- and if u are saying that u never watched twilight. In twilight there is no magician, twilight is about romance between Bella and Edward and etc while M.B.V (my babysitters a vampire)is about a group of friends 3 are vampires, 1 does witch craft and the last one gets visions about the past or future depending on the situation. The similarities here are vampire and their in highschool. 2. There was no cussing- people stop starting rumors grow up. Take that pacifier out of ur mouth. I watches all the episode twice both seasons and there was no use of the word a** and if ur gonna say stuff tell me what episode it was used. And if you cant dont say nun. 3. Theres a lot of violence- I'm not gonna say alot cuz there is only a few thibgs i got to say. Compare this to twilight or insidious chapter 3 and tell me violence. Smh you people are crazy if a few punches a little blood give ur child nightmare and their 5 something aint working properly, because blood is something that kids see.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycutediszy May 27, 2015
Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2015

AWESOME

ITS AWESOME!!!!
Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2014

Good Movie

This movie did not scare me, however it did have some very mild scary scenes. This movie was a parody of Twilight, but that is PG - 13 and more scary. This is kind of like Twilight for kids, but there is some scary scenes like when Sarah pulls out knives, and threatens to kill, but it depends on what your kids get scared over. I don't get that scared, and some of my favorite TV shows and movies are The Haunting Hour and Mockingjay. Thanks!
Kid, 11 years old October 19, 2014

Love it But here is the problem

My babysitters a vampire is awsome and has great lessons. You parents need to understand that we should make the decision to do most things we want I meant what we like is what we like. All of Yall are saying you are Christians so you dont like it. Nobody asked. You being a Christian has nothing to do with anything your against. There is nothing evil about the main Characters. They stop evil. They are good people who just try to save the world. You should look deep into the show instead of making up your mind when the barely kiss. Sarah hates drinking blood because she thinks its bad no matter how bad she wants it. Its basically saying get away from bad things no matter how much you want it. The only time she needed to was to save Ethan. So they have mentioned hickey or making out. I plY A game that mentions Making Out Or Crap Stuff like that And its a kids game. MAking out is just kissing. My babysitters a Vampire is a positive thing with a lesson on almost ever show like Love is stronger than fear itself. I hate it when ppl say WERE TO YOUNG I mean were just little versions of you parents. Disney is getting boring the only other good thing is GMW. Everything else is. Eh..... Take it from a kid its time you listen to the kid.
Kid, 9 years old October 10, 2014

great show!!!!!!!!

I think the show is ok. But I just think it shows to much violence I have been watching the show and they have been sucking blood and souls from other people
Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2014
I think it's a great tv show most tv shows about vampires are age 12+ this show gives little kids a chance to see vampires
Teen, 13 years old Written byhello_people23 July 17, 2014

Awesome!

Really parents? I was looking at the rating stuff and a positive message no there isn't one but that doesn't mean that it is bad I mean most of the shows your kids watch will not have a positive message at the end, now positive role model I would say the positive role model is the vampire girl, sara why? you parents may ask, because she didn't want to do something after the other vampires were trying to make her do so she stood up to them parents if you dont find that a role model well then you have serious issues with your kid(s) growing up. Now violence yes there is violence this is a VAMPIRE show okay it's not barbie or elmo your kid will see violence one day. You parents said that there was sex in it now listen here there is no sex the hickeys are bites and even hickeys are sex why would disney show sex?! Language, yes there is MILD language they say crap like 1 or 2 times so what. There is nothing else ok and there is a message here it is, Sara wanted to help her friend at the beginning and when she found out she couldn't help she was sad but her 2 other friends helped her out to and they were trying to save people, if that's not positive to you parents well then you are just strict and don't want your kids to have a life ok they are growing up and they will do it fast and they say bad language all the time behind your back. Just leave if you think this is the worst thing disney has ever made ok all of the good shows and movies are done what else did we have before this was cancelled? NOTHING!! RIP good disney shows