All member reviews for My Babysitter's a Vampire

Twilight parody is bloodier than usual Disney fare.

Teen, 15 years old Written bycutediszy May 27, 2015
Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2015

AWESOME

ITS AWESOME!!!!
Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2014

Good Movie

This movie did not scare me, however it did have some very mild scary scenes. This movie was a parody of Twilight, but that is PG - 13 and more scary. This is kind of like Twilight for kids, but there is some scary scenes like when Sarah pulls out knives, and threatens to kill, but it depends on what your kids get scared over. I don't get that scared, and some of my favorite TV shows and movies are The Haunting Hour and Mockingjay. Thanks!
Adult Written byvampiregirl2005 November 6, 2014

BEST SHOW EVER!!!!

yes does have some violence but I am 9 I showed my the trailer and she said ''why bother asking me, your turning ten and that's nothing I thought it would be rated 12 I would rate that appropriate for 6year olds!!!''
Kid, 11 years old October 19, 2014

Love it But here is the problem

My babysitters a vampire is awsome and has great lessons. You parents need to understand that we should make the decision to do most things we want I meant what we like is what we like. All of Yall are saying you are Christians so you dont like it. Nobody asked. You being a Christian has nothing to do with anything your against. There is nothing evil about the main Characters. They stop evil. They are good people who just try to save the world. You should look deep into the show instead of making up your mind when the barely kiss. Sarah hates drinking blood because she thinks its bad no matter how bad she wants it. Its basically saying get away from bad things no matter how much you want it. The only time she needed to was to save Ethan. So they have mentioned hickey or making out. I plY A game that mentions Making Out Or Crap Stuff like that And its a kids game. MAking out is just kissing. My babysitters a Vampire is a positive thing with a lesson on almost ever show like Love is stronger than fear itself. I hate it when ppl say WERE TO YOUNG I mean were just little versions of you parents. Disney is getting boring the only other good thing is GMW. Everything else is. Eh..... Take it from a kid its time you listen to the kid.
Kid, 9 years old October 10, 2014

great show!!!!!!!!

I think the show is ok. But I just think it shows to much violence I have been watching the show and they have been sucking blood and souls from other people
Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2014

I think it's a great tv show most tv shows about vampires are age 12+ this show gives little kids a chance to see vampires
Teen, 13 years old Written byhello_people23 July 17, 2014

Awesome!

Really parents? I was looking at the rating stuff and a positive message no there isn't one but that doesn't mean that it is bad I mean most of the shows your kids watch will not have a positive message at the end, now positive role model I would say the positive role model is the vampire girl, sara why? you parents may ask, because she didn't want to do something after the other vampires were trying to make her do so she stood up to them parents if you dont find that a role model well then you have serious issues with your kid(s) growing up. Now violence yes there is violence this is a VAMPIRE show okay it's not barbie or elmo your kid will see violence one day. You parents said that there was sex in it now listen here there is no sex the hickeys are bites and even hickeys are sex why would disney show sex?! Language, yes there is MILD language they say crap like 1 or 2 times so what. There is nothing else ok and there is a message here it is, Sara wanted to help her friend at the beginning and when she found out she couldn't help she was sad but her 2 other friends helped her out to and they were trying to save people, if that's not positive to you parents well then you are just strict and don't want your kids to have a life ok they are growing up and they will do it fast and they say bad language all the time behind your back. Just leave if you think this is the worst thing disney has ever made ok all of the good shows and movies are done what else did we have before this was cancelled? NOTHING!! RIP good disney shows
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlegacey June 27, 2014

Amazing Show

This Series tells a great story! I honestly watched every single episode and I'm not to happy with how they left a cliff hanger and did not continue it, It's been two years now and no word from the show. Parents if your worried about the show being appropriate or not, The show has some grown parts to it but if you think your kid is mature/smart enough to be able to watch this show then it's ok, and I have not yet seen anything seriously scary so I give this show a good rating. :)
Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2014

should be rated "TV-G"

everyone exaggerates the violence, but it's just a little hand to hand combat. vampires are disintegrated with holy water, and no neck biting is shown (Erica comes out of a room all dizzy with a vampire with blood on his teeth). so it's not even that violent. lighten up, people!
Kid, 10 years old May 3, 2014

MBAV<3

I think that "My Babysitter's a Vampire" isn't that appropriate for some children. It depends how some people take it. I'm 10, and it's my favorite show. It's slightly inappropriate how boys are acting about girls. Rory got a hickey, which isn't very appropriate for children. The episode, "Three Geeks and a Demon" has something very similar to a ouija board. It's a board that lets you communicate with spirits, but different. You don't have a planchette or whatever. It just appears on the board. The rules are kinda the same, but I doubt any child under 12 would realize that, so it's not a big deal. If you watch it on Teletoons, Benny has said the word "boobies" and "holy crap" so that's kind of an issue, but I've heard worse from children my age and early middle school. It's a bit sexual because of how boys are watching girls, but children my age still watch it and love it!
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2014

LITTLE BLOOD?

I THINK THIS IS A BAD VAMPIRE SHOW. ITS NOT ABOUT THE COMDEY IS ABOUT THE VAMPIRES. THEY ALSO SHOW A LITTLE TINY BIT OF BLOOD. SOOOO DISAPPOINTING
Parent Written byzjayjay22 November 7, 2013

Disney Vs Reality

OK, so overall the show looks okay from the outside if you weren't really thinking about it. This goes for most of these new trending Disney shows. But, I notices a few things that made me feel a little odd. My 7 year old nephew watches this show constantly by the way. I don't like the way its presented first off the Intro song "she's the girl next door" sounds like the sex crazed lonely teenage boy anthem.Then the title "My baby sitters a vampire" also sounds confusing, in the fact that she babysits Ethan( and also his little sister but still) he has a crush on her. I don't really like that setup it's just not the way kids should think about the role of babysitting I don't like it. The girls in the show are of course attractive and there are tons of little sexual innuendos if you look. I'm not super conservative or overprotective I just feel like its brainwashing kids. it's made to keep the eyes of every kid glue to the TV regardless. I'd rather see stuff like sex and violence presented in a realistic way instead of fluffed up and glamorized. Anyways not a good show for 10 and under id say. For those older just be careful what is going in your brain.
Kid, 9 years old November 4, 2013

Awesome, if you're into that sort of thing

I'm in grade 4, and me and my friend Maevis are fans of My Babysitter' s a Vampire. We both love all things mythical and creepy, vampires in particular. However, not all kids our age would be fine with it. The movie seems like it's typically aimed at teens, and I'm assuming it's most popular with the 10-12 crowd. Little of the blood and gore is actually shown, and there are quite a few teaching moments when Sarah resists the temptation to drink human blood. However, the camera work is not as good as it could be. So all in all, if you are 9+, and you like this sort of thing, it's a good movie. But it doesn't really appeal to very many points of interest.
Kid, 10 years old October 17, 2013

A bit more mature than other Disney shows and movies.

This movie is okay, but I like the series better.
Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2013

second best movie from all twilight sagas

a really good movie
Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2013

depends on the kid

This depends on the kid I know a 8 year-old two 6 year-olds and a 5 year-old that didn't get scared the love it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPiperMaclain711 August 2, 2013

okay

not very good. to much violence and no character development. to scary for young kids.
Kid, 7 years old April 17, 2013

WATCH THE MOVIE

It is very good watch the movie and youl let your kids watch it.
Kid, 10 years old March 5, 2013