All member reviews for My Babysitter's a Vampire

Twilight parody is bloodier than usual Disney fare.

Kid, 9 years old November 4, 2013

Awesome, if you're into that sort of thing

I'm in grade 4, and me and my friend Maevis are fans of My Babysitter' s a Vampire. We both love all things mythical and creepy, vampires in particular. However, not all kids our age would be fine with it. The movie seems like it's typically aimed at teens, and I'm assuming it's most popular with the 10-12 crowd. Little of the blood and gore is actually shown, and there are quite a few teaching moments when Sarah resists the temptation to drink human blood. However, the camera work is not as good as it could be. So all in all, if you are 9+, and you like this sort of thing, it's a good movie. But it doesn't really appeal to very many points of interest.
Kid, 10 years old October 17, 2013

A bit more mature than other Disney shows and movies.

This movie is okay, but I like the series better.
Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2013

second best movie from all twilight sagas

a really good movie
Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2013

depends on the kid

This depends on the kid I know a 8 year-old two 6 year-olds and a 5 year-old that didn't get scared the love it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPiperMaclain711 August 2, 2013

okay

not very good. to much violence and no character development. to scary for young kids.
Kid, 7 years old April 17, 2013

WATCH THE MOVIE

It is very good watch the movie and youl let your kids watch it.
Kid, 10 years old March 5, 2013

11 & +

Kid, 10 years old December 8, 2012

My babysitters a vampire (10 year old girl opinion)

This show isn't bad and if it was I'm pretty sure we know what this stuff is so my babysitters a vampire is not bad its really fun and cool don't take it away from us its for the best FOR THE CHILDREN
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2012

Awesome!

This show isn't bad at all.It has some romance in it, but it's really just characters might ask each other on a date.It's a kid friendly vampire show.You really can't find a good kid friendly vampire show,except this one.So if your child is into anything supernatural,and paranormal then this show is for them.
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byfastraxsg November 16, 2012

So OVER DRAMATIC! Stop insulting my favorite show! Even my dad loves the show! Im 12 btw..

PUHLEESE! You parents are being so dramatic with your " NOT FOR KIDS" sign.. If kids cant watch it, who will? Do you seriously think its an adult show?! *eyeroll* you obviously havent seen today shows and movies..okok i agree this show is leaned for a bit older kids.. Lets say 12. "NOT FOR KIDS" is a bit over the limit. If this is NOT FOR KIDS i guess twilight would be NOT FOR ANYONE lol! There isnt even bad language or sexual behavior in this! Gosh... Unbelievable.. Save your comments for shows like Kick Ass.. Not this.
Kid, 11 years old October 13, 2012

The reiew

My friends and I love it! I am 12 but I would say the age is 11 and up.
Parent Written byglobalgirl October 10, 2012

Cheesy supernatural, fantasy show that is funny if you don't take it seriously.

When I first watched this show, I found it really campy, cheeesy, and a little dumb. My child who is 7 found it scary and now refuses to watch it. I still watch it and the more I watch it, I find myself laughing out loud. The dialogue and the situations between the characters are hilarious. I also like the characters, especially Benny Weir. This show reminds me of the Twilight Zone with a dash of Twilight. Every episode the supernatural nerds and their vampire buddy have to battle a fantasy foe, like zombies or witches. This show has a subtle lesson to be learned at the end of the show, like when Benny makes a love potion, he learns not fool around with nature because it can create a backlash. Anyways, I hope this show has many more seasons because it's a great escape from boring sit coms, plus the writing and acting is good.
Kid, 11 years old September 22, 2012

It's not for little kids

To parents: Who ever said this show was for little kids? This show was angled toward tweens/teens who watch Disney. I think MBAV is a great show!
Kid, 11 years old September 4, 2012

Love this show

this show is AWESOME!!!!!!! I personally loe this show because the boy who plays the geek on this show is so CUTE! Not really appropriate for kids under ten. No language at all. Violence is included but limited. It is a PG rated show, so you shouldn't have a really young child watch it like no 7 year old. People say that Disney should have mickey mouse and toy story and thats for like 5 year old. The tweens need something to watch too, right?
Kid, 9 years old August 23, 2012

Love this show

It is my favorite show it has comedy and everything is great aboute it . It's a good thing to watch while going to bed
Teen, 14 years old Written byEthanCH August 19, 2012

Great show, parents read before u block series.

My babysitter's a vampire is a great show. A lot of parents think this show is bad for kids.....it's not. Now I will say its not for kids 9 and under. But it's great for Tweens. You parents need to know that us kids don't think like you! Parents shouldn't tell us what to watch and Wat not to watch (as long as its not sexual or anything bad) this show is great and if it gets cancelled my world will crash.
Kid, 10 years old August 17, 2012

Ok show

Well I like it but I would not recommend it for kids unless they like to be scared
Parent of a 8 year old Written byClearclearperson123 August 11, 2012

Great!

Listen guys I know the past episodes have been pretty bad but that Vanessa Morgan girl I love the way she acts and I can tell she loves pets
Teen, 14 years old Written byNiCocoSuxx August 11, 2012

What are you close-minded people thinking?

Are you people insane? This show is absolutely amazing. I'm happy this show is even on Disney Channel. It has became one of my favourites. They're trying to target to an older audience. If you don't like it... Just don't watch it. Go block it if you want to. The actors are amazing. It's rated PG for living sakes. You can look on Nick and find PG rated shows and you see close-minded people don't even enjoy this show a bit. I believe this show would catch the tween&teen audiences. This show has a positive message if you can give it thought to notice it. I always record this show on my AT&T U-Verse television and end up watching it when there are a few episodes recorded. It's complete entertainment. I could see this show being on air for a couple more years and being the highest rating show on Disney Channel within the teenage/tween age group. This show is freakin' amazing as I already had mentioned. If any part of this show scares your little ones... Just tell them that it's for older kids. If they like..they like it. I vaguely remember TV shows that I watched when I was 5 or 6. And those were higher ratings than this show. I grew up past it (maybe even regretting a bit, too) and I actually had enjoyed those shows at this age of a higher rate depending on the material that was aired now in this present era. Matthew Knight is my favorite one out of all the actors within the show. For his character, Ethan Morgan, I love when touches a certain object..he has a vision on what horrible has the possibility is going to happen later on in the episode. Himself, Benny, whomever portrays the usual to help stop it from happening. Matthew has this innocent look which I think portrays his character really well. My Babysitter's A Vampire is amazing, once again said. I wish I could have a supernatural power. This show clearly deserved a 5 star rating.
Kid, 11 years old July 31, 2012

Great Show, But Never Expected From Disney

I love this show!!!! But never expected from disney channel. This isn' t your normal disney show. It's very violent. The target with this show is to get veiwers from 7-10. But some children would think it's true and get scared so the target is really 10-12. But Disney dosn't realize that.