Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for My Fake Fiance

Romcom is cute, but story is based on deception.

Based on 1 review

Adult Written bywonder dove February 8, 2013

Good comedy for older kids!

My Fake Fiance is an okay movie for tweens, I don't think older teens and adults will have much interest as it's a little cheesy and childish. But, that's why it's an excellent comedy for older kids, it's fairly safe and quite clean! Usually a movie starring Melissa Joan Hart (Jennifer) will be something kids will like, she is one of a very few great role models! The story is funny but deals a lot with lying to get what you want. There is also a loan shark involved who are after Jennifer's fake fiance Vince but in a comedic way. They meet at someone's wedding and right off the bat they don't get along too great. But they both have one thing in common, they need money and come up with the perfect plan to fake their wedding and cash in on all the expensive gifts. After hating each other for too long and a lot of time spent together, they eventually develop feelings for each other and happily end up together. Cute but predictable, tweens will like this one! Violence is innocent and made to be funny. Sexual stuff has a make-out session, a few "naughty" words to represent a sexual meaning (not graphic). Language is very mild (no swear words). Some light drinking. Okay for 12 and up.