All member reviews for My Girl

Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2009

this movie is based on a song

2 cool

this movie was so cool. i cried every time i saw it. it was sensational, funny, and sad.it was so sad when tomas.j died. i cried my eyes out. i saw it last night and i still cried. i cant wait till i see it agin I LOVED IT!
Teen, 13 years old Written byxskittlesx August 21, 2011

Touching, Moving Film for Mature KIds

I'm thirteen and I bawled at this movie! It is so moving and touching, and touches on a very important subject. Spoiler::: When Thomas J. died looking for Vada's ring, I cried my eyes out. There are such sweet characters, and its a great film. Must see! Just make sure your kids can handle the mature death theme.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

my mom watched it and she liked and she told me to watch it so i did an i liked it but it was sad when the one kid died
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 June 19, 2010

Very sad, yet effective

The name "My Girl" isn't just using the Temptations' song to promote the film, it refers to all the relationships crawling around this deeply impacting film. The kids say things that real kids say all the time, it's also very funny. Watch it, please!
Kid, 8 years old December 29, 2011

This is better than it looks

SPOILERS! Good and sad movie. It gets sad once Thomas dies around the end.
Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2010

It's definitly a good movie:)

I really loved it but there is a dying scene and I cried but it had great messages I definitly think. You definitly need to be older so you can understand it younger people may not quite get it and find it boring.
Kid, 12 years old November 11, 2010

Buddies Never Die

This movie is one of my very few M.T.M.M.C.(Movies That Made Me Cry) movies. The messages in this film are very comforting, espespecially to one who has lost a loved one like myself (MY best friend died in 2006, and this movie helped me out BIG time).
Teen, 14 years old Written bylilalovelylily September 24, 2010

:-(

This movie makes me cry every time, I love it. But I can't watch it due to the fact I can't stop crying. I'm tearing now writing about. I love the story line of a first chrush. I also like the movie Flipped. Although I haven't saw it.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 April 2, 2010

Iffy for ages 12-14

This was a great movie, but it was extremely sad. I don't think this movie is suitable for anyone under 12.

So sad!

It is an awesome movie but it is not very good for people under the age of about 9. It is very sad and it might make them think that they are going to die from being around bees. But if you are older it is an awesome movie and you should watch it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byquinns November 4, 2014

Wonderfully heartbreaking

I just watched this movie and I can't stop sobbing! Although it was sad, the acting was great and the plot was wonderful. Overall great movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written bycheesymovie567 October 4, 2014

This movie made me cry the entire last 20 minutes=great
Teen, 13 years old Written byRiverRose July 9, 2014

This movie was heartbreaking- just heartbreaking

I went into watching this looking for a movie that would be good and not as long as Titanic, my other option. This movie had so much depth, so much emotion, and so many layers. Vada is a hypochondriac- due to the fact that she lives in a funeral home, her father is getting remarried, she gets her first period, and her best friend dies. At one point, sex is illuded, though not said right out "My mommy and daddy did that?" "Yes, but without it there would be on Vada" The real trial is when Thomas J. dies, the grief will make you sob and howl. I would not personally let my future children watch this until they are at least my age, possibly older if they are very emotional. When Vada was first told about Thomas J., tears welled up in my eyes. Before long I was full out sobbing- this movie illustrates beautifully what it must be like to lose a close friend- especially when you lost your mother os early on.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlink41 February 9, 2014

Heartbreaking

This movie is great but also very, very sad. This not really any inappropriate content except for the general subject matter. When Thomas J dies it's absolutely terrible. He gets stung by bees. You don't really see much of this until at his funeral you see his body but he's cleaned up. This movie is soul crushing, but great.
Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2012

Fantastic, but ALWAYS makes you cry

I love this movie! I cry EVERY time I see it, but who cares? It is sad when a main character dies- not Vada, just so you know- and it is romantic where Vada's father falls for one of his employees. If you like this movie, get the second. It is more romantic and less sad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLibstudent9 February 28, 2011

i love this movie it is really age approprite,
Teen, 13 years old Written byAuddrey. November 21, 2009

I could watch this over and over:)

If you don't like to cry don't watch this moive:) It is so sweet.

A must-read book for every 8 year old

i realy like the movie! it was very cute