All member reviews for My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: Royal Pony Wedding

Sweet story has happy messages but a bit of conflict, too.

Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2012

Amazing

I may be almost a teen, but I love Friendship is Magic, and Royal Wedding was easily the best of the three two-parters in the series. First of all, the music. BBBFF will tug the heartstrings of girls who admire their brothers. This Day Aria reminds me of a scene in The Little Mermaid and is sung by a villain and a main character at the same time (but by one voice actress). Love is in Bloom gives an excellent closure to Season 2 and is all about love between two people. The two episodes are very well-written, and introduce multiple new characters but don't get too confusing. While super-sweet, Royal Wedding doesn't get overly sappy or cloying. There is some minor violence and scariness, but it's fine for kids 5 and up. The 'mane' 6 characters in the series (though Twilight Sparkle is the main protagonist in Royal Wedding) are fantastic role models as well. Overall this is a superb TV movie that will entertain, educate, and excite kids (maybe even the older kids and boys)!
Kid, 10 years old August 20, 2012

Good! Go watch it!

Great Movie! I was a little creeped out when imposter Candece reveled her true form. Although, this is a heart warming story that all MLP fans need to watch. WATCH IT NOW!
Kid, 11 years old May 2, 2014

Creepy

Great video but the evil people look like ZOMBIES!!!!! They are black with huge fangs and have holes all through them. Theres kissing and love too but oh well. The main evil pony throws insults at everypony and then starts using her dark magic to make her groom ACT like a zombie. He starts following her commands and is practically hypnotized.
Adult Written byRarityfan August 5, 2013

The perfect day

Twilight's Big Brother is getting married. That is Shining Armor a youthful stallion. Somewhere the villain is hiding in the meanwhile, and a story twist is coming up. Some of the songs includes the orchestral This Day Aria. A certain DJ pony comes back. The positive message is that love conquers all thanks to the power of love from two ponies. There are some kissing of course. The Wedding is spoiled by monsters that might upset some. For the first time an evil queen is shown in the pony universe. This show has a lot of consumerism like the famous figures, a load of DVD's and things like trains and the hot air balloon from the opening.
Parent Written byaimless1 February 8, 2013

Not sending the right message and scary in my opinion

I have heard how great the MLP Friendship is Magic shows are so we have borrowed a few from the library. The first two episodes on this dvd, which were the wedding episodes, were not good for my 4 year old. The "changelings" in the episodes (bad ponies trying to take over the kingdom) were very scary looking. The main bad pony had holes in her body and horn that made her look like something that was once dead. I have actually been very surprised in the episodes I have watched that the bad characters have been the stuff of nightmares. My 4 year old didn't seem to mind but she won't be watching them again. I have also noticed that too many of the episodes have been about finding romantic love also. I would like my children to grow up thinking about making themselves happy rather than looking for Mr. Right. These are disappointingly unappropriate in that respect. I do have to say that a few of the episodes have been about friendship and have had some very good humorous parts that we still laugh about. Too bad they are all not like that. I am not sure the right message comes through in all the episodes.
Adult Written bydogman15 September 28, 2012

Excellent writing and music

These two episodes, "A Canterlot Wedding", truly were the best way to finish off Season 2 of MLPFiM. Written by Meghan McCarthy and storyboarded by four artists, the story has a few very minor hiccups but is otherwise very solid. If I had to say only one strength of this finale, though, it would be the music. Not just William Anderson's score, but Daniel Ingram's songs, too. If "This Day Aria" (orchestrated by Steffan Andrews) doesn't win an Emmy next year, something's not right.
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2015

Heartwarming movie has some scary scenes but positive messages to tone down the scary scenes

Teen, 13 years old Written bykatie13years November 2, 2014

reveiw from a KID

I think that these 2 episodes (not a movie ppl) are FINE for kids. I am fairly disappointed that others are trying to say it is violent or scary. Although, I see the need to warn the parents of those children who are very sensitive (even if I am not that way myself) that it is a little bit suspenseful and some kissing, but if there was not kissing it wouldn't be a wedding, and the scene where Princess Celestia is trapped may worry some, but it isn't much higher of an intensity level than the other 2 t.v 2-parters beforehand.
Kid, 9 years old August 15, 2013

IT IS SO COOL AMAZING!!!! I LOVE MLP

yo i think it is so AMAZING I LOVE IT SO MUCH IT IS THE BEST THING EVER but there is one issue THE BRONYS THEY MAKE GROSS FANFICS AND DO NOT, LET YO CHLID PLAY BANNED FROM EQUESTRIA DAILY
Kid, 12 years old June 11, 2013

Great show for Tweens

I love my little pony and I love this movie. But there is a lot of violence. The changelings are scary looking so little kids might have night mares. There is kissing at the end (duh wedding). That inappropriate for little viewers. But for Tweens it just fine (why is it rated tv-y anyway). Anyway I love my little pony. It's awesome. And I love this movie. Make season 4.
Parent Written byJodie701 February 23, 2013

May cause nightmares

I'm glad I watched this before letting my 6 year old watch it. It's a shame that a cute character movie is totally spoiled by the evil looking scary changelings. Honestly the scary factor is over done. The changelings remind me of the creepy dementors from Harry Potter!
Teen, 14 years old Written byjackskellingtonlvr February 3, 2013

A little violence, one passionate kiss

if being watched on netflix/the hub, in between episodes, it seems a key character has been killed via fire. The villians are disturbing, though "this day aria" is a great villian song.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 November 25, 2012

Great MLP special

As a pegasister, I've seen ever My Little Pony episode :). I didn't get the DVD, though (this episode was a two-part episode in season 2). I really liked this special. The plot was bit more complex, and the plot twist was interesting. I don't think, however, kids are going to understand how Twilight feels when she discovers her brother is engaged. But this is kid-friendly, and I'm sure kids will enjoy it. There is some violence; the main villain may be scary for young kids, and her minions attack Canterlot. There's also some romance, since this revolves around a wedding, and there's a kiss. Of course there's consumerism, and the entire show could be seen as an entire ad for the My Little Pony merchandise.