All member reviews for My Sister's Keeper

Sad drama has heavy themes about illness, family.

Kid, 9 years old February 7, 2011

Um, k, dont bring lil sis into room! ;D xD

WOW! amazing! I luv it! Ya, who cares if i'm 9, but i've seen the ''Elizabeth Smart story'' and, '' Lovley Bones''. xD, but i think its not to appropiate for tweens, and teens that are sensitive. And, well, my mom got bored halfway through when she watched it a year ago but to me it is AMAZING, but i read u guys's comments and some were asking if there were any blood in it besides the girl throwing up. YES, A LOT! The girl with cancer gets purple lips, at the beggining she throws up blood.......u get the point. But it's defintly not a horror movie, i'll tell u tht. I actually think it is quite a heartwarming movie, but if you are going to watch it, make sure ur little sis isn't in the room. ;D Haha. Pretty good advice from a little sis, dont ya think?
Adult Written byexpert on movies November 29, 2009

GREAT FOR 11 and up!!!!

my 11 year old watched this at her friends house and when she came home she said "that movie was amazing really enjoyed watching it with my friend!" So i watched it and it was a spectactular movie that wasnt that bad. The sex wasnt that bad either. But what i was slightly concerned about was the images my daughter was seeing of a child suffering cancer... But i decided that she was mature enough to handle it
Adult Written bygabbygirlcuccaro July 1, 2010

Are you in the mood for a sad movie?

This is a heartwarming but sad movie.It makes you realize what people with cancer good through. I recommend it.
Adult Written bykitkat10987 July 14, 2009

good sad movie

i say this and i cryed. it was a very good movie and it shows to always be strong no matter what.
Adult Written bywonder dove January 19, 2013

Deeply depressing but well portrayed.

I think this is a pretty good movie, but it's very depressing...you have to be in the mood for it. It deals with a lot of family situations on various subjects, mostly about illness though. Super sad if you've lost a loved one to any illness so bring a kleenex box along. I think Cameron Diaz as the mother was a pretty good placement, it was definitely a different role for her. It's basically about two close sisters (Anna and Kate) who are like best friends but one of them is dying from cancer. Anna was only born to save big sister Kate's life by donating her organs to give new life to Kate. However, Anna refuses to do it and arranges to sue her mother...which of course builds anger between them throughout most of the film. But Anna and Kate have a secret that finally unfolds towards the end. There is a lot of tension and sadness during the movie, you will think that Anna is a terrible person until you understand where she is coming from. Violence has lots of arguing and yelling, fighting between husband and wife, a mom slaps her daughter. Language is frequent with lots of common words including one "f" word. Sexual content includes a teen romance with making out, cuddling, a few sexual jokes, a teen implies she "did stuff" with her boyfriend but didn't go all the way. Some alcohol implied. I would say it's safe for viewers 14 and up who are mature enough to handle the content.
Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

far too intense

This movie is very emotional. Almost too much for me. I didn't particularly like the film, but it was acted well. It's too intense for anyone under 15 I think
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristopher K July 28, 2011

My Sister's Keeper

This film gave me a whole new definition of the word "beautiful." Don't make the mistake of missing it.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byJazB April 28, 2010

perfect for tennages plus :D

i watched this film with a friend and i am 14, i loved it! it showed me how lucky i am ( no illness ) and how families can pull together in bad times! at the end it is sad i did cry :( but i would recommend it to everyone! i have just brought it on bow office :D:D
Adult Written bysuper dad 1238976 November 29, 2009

PERFECT FAMILY FILM

i have 3 sons 1 is 9 the othe other is 11 and the oldest one is 14. And i have a wife. So we decided to bye this movie to watch as a family. After about 3 minutes we decided this movie wasnt appropreat for our 9 year old to watch. But our 11 year old and 14 year watched it till the very end. My wife cried a lot and my 11 year old didnt like 1 of the images that was in the movie but still he didnt mind that much. And my 14 year old just thought it was ok. As for me i loved it and thought it was perfect family film! I couldent have asked for a better one!
Adult Written bydrama fan November 29, 2009

great movie

the movie is very good and very well derected. When i watched this movie with my 10 year old daughter she cried at parts and 1 of the images in the movie i thought was bit much but still great movie.
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2009

Bring tissues

its so SAD!!!!!!but it was an amazing movie.it gave me chills the whole time!
Adult Written bysydneyg81 July 9, 2009

this movie made my grandma cry
Adult Written bysarahurgr8 July 8, 2009

FROM A CANCER SURVIVORS POINT OF VIEW

As a past teenage cancer survivor, I thought this movie was absolutely fantastic. It really shows teens how bad cancer really is and is definitely factual in medical terms and visual issues. Having gone thru all these treatments, it was truly great to see this movie that shows everyone the real experience people like me have gone thru. I highly recommend seeing it to others.
Teen, 15 years old Written byisacraftyx July 12, 2015

I think it was just too sad

I think this film is suitable for kids 12 and up, i didn't really enjoy it though because it was too upsetting
Kid, 11 years old June 19, 2015

Well...

This movie is beautiful and sad, my favourite type. There are a few scenes that really show her illness like spewing out a little blood, and bleeding from her nose. Otherwise, its great!
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2015

Watch this!

I thought that this movie was very sad but definitely something that you should see! The content is a bit deep for younger audiences, but older kids will enjoy. The story is something that may be too sad and intense for some kids. This movie has a wonderful message of love and care between two sisters.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygmvyoshi January 9, 2015

Book VS. Movie

"My Sister's Keeper" has a great story line. (¡SPOILER ALERT!) I have to say that the book is definitely better than the movie. So many things were changed in the movie compared to the book. The ending changes. In the book, Anna, the designer baby, dies in a car accident and goes brain dead. In the movie, Kate, the girl with leukemia, dies, which ruins the message about love and sisterhood. Language-infrequent, moderate language includes a few uses of each of the following: goddammit, for Christ's sake!, b--ch, bulls--t, and spoiled little s--t. And one use of f--k. Sex-Kate and Taylor make a bet and Kate loses. She doesn't have money so she asks him if she can give him sexual favors while her mom is right there (this is supposed to be joke. Kate and Taylor kiss. Later, they go to a dance and go in a hospital room. Later in the movie, Kate mentions that they didn't "go all the way" but they "did some stuff." In the scene, it's in a dark room and Kate is laying on top of him while they are both naked and just talking. (Implying that they didn't have SEX sex, but possibly something like oral sex or maybe mutual masturbation.) Violence/Scary Stuff-there's no actual violence. but, obviously, Kate is sick and looks very ill throughout the movie, no hair or eyebrows, just very ill. Kate vomits twice in two different scenes. When she is really little, before they know she has leukemia, it shows a line of bruises on her back. Campbell Alexander, Anna's lawyer for medical emancipation, has a seizure. This is a frightening scene. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking-No smoking. However, in one scene, Kate is so depressed because of her boyfriend's, Taylor's, death, that she is shown drinking alcohol and is throwing things around the room. She pops about 30 pills in her mouth, but Anna jumps on her to stop her from committing suicide. It's a great movie, but between the two, I recommend the book more, but the movie is still great. It sends a great message about loving your sister. 15+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMc876423 July 2, 2014

My Sister's Keeper

It's a sad story and a little intense but overall it was a really good movie that a lot of teens would like.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybloopy204 April 27, 2014

Sad

There's a lot of sadness in it makes me cry every time I watch it
Teen, 16 years old Written byselena Aguirre May 20, 2013

If is not like the book dont base it on the book.