All member reviews for Mystery Men

Witty comic-book story is edgy, with lots of potty humor.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 14, 2013

Maybe younger teens will like it better than I did!

Of course being huge into superheroes, these eccentric and occasionally annoying ones in "MM" would've likely enchanted my imagination at the age of 10 or so. The Spleen's speech impediment, the Blue Raja's accent and other little things like the excessive wide angle lens magnifying everyone's faces into grotesqueness. I have to give points for originality though, I haven't seen many movies quite as quirky.
Adult Written bydaystar58 April 9, 2008

Parents, run right out and get this movie...

so that everyone can have a good laugh. Probably the best ensemble acting ever, with a stellar cast. The violence is cartoonish but clever, there is no racial stereotyping (check out William H. Macy in a bi-racial marriage) and everyone plays it for laughs. There is no language that is objectionable, a first for Hollywood, the humor is quirky, the kitsch is over-the-top (us products of the '70s gotta love that disco theme ;-) and the good guys triumph in the end. Note that, when Greg Kinnear gets incinerated, he deserves it -- Jeanene Garofalo tries to clarify whether or not she's doing the right thing and he keeps saying, flip the switch... This rates as one of our all-time family movies.

Great Movie!

There is a little violence and some barely recognizable language, but it is a very good movie and well worth seeing.
Parent Written bymusicmama4 July 8, 2011

One of our family's favorites! Watch more than once, for sure.

This movie has hilarious lines. We watch it over and over, and find ourselves quoting it often, while laughing. It is a spoof, so the violence doesn't seem bad, if the child is old enough to understand the movie's humor. There is some language, and a scene where a shrink ray shrinks some girls' clothing, which is uncomfortably inappropriate. But overall, it's a little known jewel of a movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysubzero70 January 24, 2011

it should be mystery kids

its very wekid i give it 4 stars lol
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byYBNormal January 7, 2009
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Funny Movie

This is a good spoof movie. It will be funny for most teenagers.
Parent of a 7, 8, 9, and 12 year old Written bycacklingwoman April 26, 2009

Very funny and great role models for girls. ('Tho hopefully the PMS avenger who tries out for the team will go right over their heads.) Kinda wondering about the rating of 11 yrs. old and up. This movie is so innocent and sweet.