All member reviews for Nacho Libre

A sweet, offbeat movie about caring for others.

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bydsloanak March 7, 2009

No way would I let my children watch this.

I personally thought the movie was extremely weird. I think there are way to many sexual comments made to allow a child to watch this movie. I would not recommend this as a family movie.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

WORST MOVIE EVER! SHIELD YOUR EYES!
Teen, 17 years old Written byTrinity3 March 21, 2009

Really funny!

This movie is hilarious and has a good message about caring for others and using God to help you thru lifes little speedbumps. A great family movie!
Written byAnonymous September 13, 2014

Silky awful wrestling comedy has a few laughs but disappoints

My rating:PG-13 for violence,crude humor,sexuality,language and drug references
Adult Written byjcarole April 9, 2008

So Bad, Not Just Lame But BAD

I took my daughter who's seven and what we didn't expect was how violent the wrestling scenes were - she was distressed by the punching, hitting, kicking, slamming, beating and more that all happens in the ring. I admit, I blew it. I forgot about that wrestling was so gross (I never watch it and just spaced). I spent a lot of time explaining to her that it was fake. We both agreed, the movie was BAD. We want that 90 minutes of our life back!
Teen, 14 years old Written byjmhall97 December 14, 2012

Nacho Libre--One for the ages

One of the best movies of the decade, "Nacho Libre" is full of hilarious sayings and entertaining action. The plot line is different from any movie I have seen and Jack Black does a fantastic job. The story shows that you don't have to be the most athletic or most popular to become the best. You can create your own path in life by just believing in yourself and persevering, and with help from your friends, you can go far. His entire life, Ignacio dreams of leaving the orphanage and becoming a great wrestler, although he doesn't want to leave the children of the orphanage. This conflict causes Ignacio to create an an alter-ego and become Nacho, the great Luchador. That's all I will say, and hopefully I have said enough to convince you to watch this fantastic film
Parent of a 6, 9, and 11 year old Written bykboulia October 11, 2012

Slow and stupid...don't waste your time!

My 6th grader came home talking about this movie so once I checked out the previous reviews I decided to let the entire family watch it. I wish I could get the 92 minutes wasted watching it back! My 7 & 9 year olds were totally bored by it. My 11 year old liked it but didn't love it. We all like Jack Black and think he's generally funny. THis movie fell way short. It was beyond stupid. The wrestling scenes were more comical than violent but there is hitting, punching, kicking, etc so if your children are sensitive to that, then be aware. At the end, I felt this movie was way too slow for the few laughs we had. There are better family choices out there.
Teen, 13 years old Written byway245 June 14, 2010

Hilarious Movie!

Love this movie. The wrestiling is not bloody or really violent at all. dou*he is mentioned once.
Parent of a 16 year old Written byMeeshRuss November 5, 2009

Parent Written byskylivmom February 1, 2009

The only "family movie" my 10 year-old walked away from

We were looking for a movie that was innocent enough for our 10 yr-old daughter, but meaty enough for our 13 yr-old son. He loved it, but my daughter didn't get it at all. It starts out slow and if your kids don't get the whole monastery thing, and the subtleties of the attraction between the nun and Ignacio, it takes forever to get interesting. My son and I liked it, but my husband ended up walking away too. I just don't think the subject is interesting enough, and the humor obvious enough, for a 10 yr-old (girl, anyway).
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirecterdude123 April 9, 2008

I almost died from laughing so hard

The hole movie every single part of it made me laugh ! ! LOVE it ! !
Parent Written byralucaploog July 22, 2015

My 3 boys are all under 10, and they've watched this movie over a dozen times. I don't get the negative reviews, since it's a funny movie. It's one of those movies, which the more you watch, the funnier it gets...and you find yourself using lines from the movie in everyday situations. Jack Black is awesome in this, and his character is really funny. I can't imagine any other actor playing this part. Give it another chance, and maybe you'll enjoy it the 2nd time around.
Parent Written byPMR February 13, 2015

Grotesque violence

Nacho Libre, mystifyingly described as "sweet," is excessively and gratuitously violent, featuring, among many other things, a scene of a man being stabbed in the eye with an ear of corn. The message that fighting is worthwhile when it's done for a good cause is highly suspect, in my view. Further, that message is overwhelmed by repeated violent wrestling matches, and by a lurid seduction scene. I would not recommend this for children of any age.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byfleecy34 November 30, 2014

Really funny

This is a really funny comedy my 5 year old loves it as well as my 17 and my 13 year old it is the best you must watch this really funny film Nacho Libre
Teen, 15 years old Written bywilsonbiggs November 7, 2014
Parent Written bysquiggles March 22, 2014

Kids said "disturbing"

Had just enjoyed School of Rock so went with another Jack Black film, but this wasn't really a movie geared towards children. Pacing was slow, humor was subtle and quirky, stereotypes were misunderstood by the children, wrestling violence made my kids cringe, and the corn cob in the eye freaked out my eleven year old. They can handle a lot, but this movie bothered them.
Kid, 10 years old August 16, 2013

Rent School Of Rock Instead

I Have Been Wanting To See This For A Long Time. I Finally Have. I Thought It Would Be HILARIOUS,Becuase I Saw School Of Rock And Thought It Was Hilarious,And Since This Is Written By The Same Person Who Wrote School Of Rock ,I Thought I Would Love It. I Was Wrong. These Are The Problems I Have With Nacho Libre: 1.I Didn't Have A Plot.It Just Went From Nacho Being A Cook To A Wrestler.No Reason Why,Just Cause He Wanted To,I Guess. 2.It Wasn't That Good,Or Funny.It Had It's Good Jokes,But,It Isn't THAT Good. Instead Of Watching This,Pretty Please,Invest Your Time Into Something Funnier,Better,And More Original,Like School Of Rock,Like I Mentioned Earlier.It's All Those Three Adjectives Above. And That's All I have To Say About Nacho Libre.
Kid, 10 years old June 10, 2013

NACHO LIBRE IS HILLARIOUS

Jack Black is hilarious, after his brilliant performance in School Of Rock Jack Black comes back for another hilarious comedy abot, a man who works in a monastery and dreams of being a wrestler. When he meets Esqueleto a poor man, who Ignacio catchs stealing his cornflakes, the two decide to make some money and become wrestlers, when they earn a lot of money[from losing] Ignacio has to keep it a secret from the monastery. When Ignacio becomes tired of losing, he challenges the best wrestler ther e is[cant remember his name] anyway Nacho Libre is a sweet comrdy with plenty of funny jokes
Parent Written byJdmoviecritic April 1, 2013

Fun goofy offbeat humor and well directed
Parent Written byvasbakos March 2, 2013