All member reviews for Nacho Libre

A sweet, offbeat movie about caring for others.

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bydsloanak March 7, 2009

No way would I let my children watch this.

I personally thought the movie was extremely weird. I think there are way to many sexual comments made to allow a child to watch this movie. I would not recommend this as a family movie.
Parent Written byralucaploog July 22, 2015

Get that review out of my face!

My 3 boys are all under 10, and they've watched this movie over a dozen times. I don't get the negative reviews, since it's a funny movie. It's one of those movies, which the more you watch, the funnier it gets...and you find yourself using lines from the movie in everyday situations. Jack Black is awesome in this, and his character is really funny. I can't imagine any other actor playing this part. Give it another chance, and maybe you'll enjoy it the 2nd time around.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTrinity3 March 21, 2009

Really funny!

This movie is hilarious and has a good message about caring for others and using God to help you thru lifes little speedbumps. A great family movie!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

WORST MOVIE EVER! SHIELD YOUR EYES!
Teen, 13 years old Written byway245 June 14, 2010

Hilarious Movie!

Love this movie. The wrestiling is not bloody or really violent at all. dou*he is mentioned once.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjmhall97 December 14, 2012

Nacho Libre--One for the ages

One of the best movies of the decade, "Nacho Libre" is full of hilarious sayings and entertaining action. The plot line is different from any movie I have seen and Jack Black does a fantastic job. The story shows that you don't have to be the most athletic or most popular to become the best. You can create your own path in life by just believing in yourself and persevering, and with help from your friends, you can go far. His entire life, Ignacio dreams of leaving the orphanage and becoming a great wrestler, although he doesn't want to leave the children of the orphanage. This conflict causes Ignacio to create an an alter-ego and become Nacho, the great Luchador. That's all I will say, and hopefully I have said enough to convince you to watch this fantastic film
Parent of a 16 year old Written byMeeshRuss November 5, 2009
Adult Written byjcarole April 9, 2008

So Bad, Not Just Lame But BAD

I took my daughter who's seven and what we didn't expect was how violent the wrestling scenes were - she was distressed by the punching, hitting, kicking, slamming, beating and more that all happens in the ring. I admit, I blew it. I forgot about that wrestling was so gross (I never watch it and just spaced). I spent a lot of time explaining to her that it was fake. We both agreed, the movie was BAD. We want that 90 minutes of our life back!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymovieman09 April 9, 2008

Hilarious

I went into Nacho Libre expecting a stupid, pointless movie. I was certain that all of the funny parts were the ones they show on the commercials. I was dead wrong. It was so funny that i actually found my self laughing out loud at the whole thing. Jack Black was hilarious. This movie is worth seeing it in the movie theatre.
Teen, 15 years old Written bywilsonbiggs November 7, 2014
Parent of a 6, 9, and 11 year old Written bykboulia October 11, 2012

Slow and stupid...don't waste your time!

My 6th grader came home talking about this movie so once I checked out the previous reviews I decided to let the entire family watch it. I wish I could get the 92 minutes wasted watching it back! My 7 & 9 year olds were totally bored by it. My 11 year old liked it but didn't love it. We all like Jack Black and think he's generally funny. THis movie fell way short. It was beyond stupid. The wrestling scenes were more comical than violent but there is hitting, punching, kicking, etc so if your children are sensitive to that, then be aware. At the end, I felt this movie was way too slow for the few laughs we had. There are better family choices out there.
Adult Written bybasbel October 7, 2011

ok

cute and funny. it is a family movie. Jack Black is soooooooo funny Nachooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! rules
Teen, 15 years old Written byTeamCOCO1963 June 14, 2010

Eh. Guy comedy.

There are some ridiculous parts in this movie. But, like funny ridiculous. I personally like the part when the fat girl flirting with the sidekick has secret tunnels in the house.
Parent Written byskylivmom February 1, 2009

The only "family movie" my 10 year-old walked away from

We were looking for a movie that was innocent enough for our 10 yr-old daughter, but meaty enough for our 13 yr-old son. He loved it, but my daughter didn't get it at all. It starts out slow and if your kids don't get the whole monastery thing, and the subtleties of the attraction between the nun and Ignacio, it takes forever to get interesting. My son and I liked it, but my husband ended up walking away too. I just don't think the subject is interesting enough, and the humor obvious enough, for a 10 yr-old (girl, anyway).
Adult Written bytackyspoons April 9, 2008

Typical 8- to 10-year old humor.

Kids will love this. It's filled with the silly physical humor we've come to know and love out of Jack Black. The only part that made us edgy was when one of the bad guys was nailed in the eye socket with corn on the cob. Otherwise, it was all about farts and poops and cross-dressing. :) The good stuff!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirecterdude123 April 9, 2008

I almost died from laughing so hard

The hole movie every single part of it made me laugh ! ! LOVE it ! !
Teen, 14 years old Written byictchis August 23, 2016

Nochoooooo!!!!

Where do i even begin... First of all it has Jack Black, Second Its totally funny.. and third its a good family movie. I really thought that this was a great movie. So you should watch it to get a good laugh!!
Teen, 17 years old Written bydanny 7000 March 19, 2016

nacho libre is not for little kids

i think nacho libre is a amazing movie but its not for little kids because the wrestling scenes are very vilonte and nachos partner throws a corn on the cob into a guys eye and it also has some sexual innuendo with that being said i dont reccomend nacho libre for anyone under the age of 12
Teen, 15 years old Written byFlowers4You November 1, 2015

Good For Nine, With A Few Exceptions

Good for your 4th-grader and mature 3rd-grader because there is no real violence, but there is a couple times where they say “floozy” which, in the movie, means “sl*t.” There is also a "douche" and a few other bad words. There is a few Refferences to death, and the protagonist is put down/insulted a lot. The main message of “keep trying” and “fight for good” is rather weak, if I say so myself. That's pretty much all.
Adult Written byclarence August 5, 2015