All member reviews for Nacho Libre

A sweet, offbeat movie about caring for others.

Teen, 13 years old Written byv-ball_luver April 9, 2008

BIG Dissapointment

My dad took me and my brother, all three of us expecting a really funny movie. It's not. They jam almost all of the jokes, and funny moments in the trailers, and the movie is too long and too boring. My brother loved it, but my dad and I didn't. Don't waste $20.00 and 2 hours of your life watching this. You'll be dissapointed.

This is an awesome movie. I love it when he said NACHOOO!!! And the movie is appropriate too.
Adult Written byjgisler596 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bypaigeturner89 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bycloudvx1 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymarketing April 9, 2008

A li'l dull, but funny enough to make it worth while

I was a little disappointed with the movie because the comedy was uneven...but that's only because I expected a lot from Jack Black. It was still funny enough to go see, and I felt fine having my kids there. The fight scenes might inspire some mimicking, though.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymom4Him April 9, 2008

We loved it!

My kids and I own this movie and have watch it probably eight times. All four of my kids loved it but, my husband hates it. The more you watch it the funnier it is because you miss some the humor the first time. You have to be a Jack Black fan to love this movie. I could watch it several more times with my kids.

BORING!!!!

I got to Run up and down the isles because only 2 people were there! BORING!
Teen, 14 years old Written bythat_one_guy726 April 9, 2008

LOL!

You have no idea how funny this movie is until you see it! But it is a wrestling movie so there is wrestling violence. And there's some odd things that happen. It's fine for anyone ages 10 and up!

I'd watch it again if I were you!!

Nacho Libre is a very funny, and good movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Nacho Libre is no Napoleon Dynamite

Nacho Libre looked pretty hilarious from the trailers, and it's from the same people who made the hilarious Napoleon Dynamite, so I was expecting it to be at least mildly funny. Well, there were a couple of genuinely hilarious moments in Nacho Libre, but overall it was more dumb than funny. Not worth seeing, even though there are a few funny parts. As far as content goes, there is some comic violence and a couple of gross moments, but it's good for kids 6+
Teen, 14 years old Written bymatt_m April 9, 2008

Adult Written bydmjimenez April 9, 2008

Histerical for the kids and adults, especially if latino!!

This movie was hysterical for my kids and my husband and I. There are lots of great one liners. Though the social behavior at times is questionable as well as the at times crude wrestling scenes overall we really enjoyed it. I would say that it is geared more towards Latino in the subleties throughout the movie that most non latinos would be oblivious to and in that lies most of the humor, or lack there of if you aren't aware of it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byblondie101 April 9, 2008

DUMB

This movie, in my opinion is probably the dumbest movie I have seen this month. Jack Black is not the funniest, again, in my opinion. Whatever you do, don't buy it without renting it first!
Adult Written bysnuffy9000 April 9, 2008

cute movie if not a little gross

nacho libre is a movie your kids will love and the good news is you probably will not mind being dragged to it but there is some innuendo and rough fighting moves but most of them are comic.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyankee01 April 9, 2008

stupid

my dad and i hated this movie