All parent member reviews for Nancy Drew

Adult Written bytredmer April 9, 2008

Great role model for young girls

This movie was appropriate for 10 and up. I think 8 might be a bit young for some of the suspense. Nancy is such a great role model. She is smart and resouceful, yet very apprehensive of getting involved with Ned. The movie was fun and had the mild suspense that my kids loved. My son even enjoyed it. While I was watching it the single mom aspect never occured to me or my kids and I have two 10 year olds. I wish they would make more movies like this.
Adult Written byallyren April 9, 2008

Childhood Memories!

Nancy Drew brought back wonderful childhood memories reminding me of the hours that I spent reading the series of books over and over again. I was fortunate enough to share the movie experience with my 7 year old daughter who absolutely loved it. Nancy Drew is a great role model and I wholly recommend this movie to anyone who has a daughter or who simply loved Nancy Drew growing up!
Adult Written bykeekee504 April 9, 2008

this is why it's so hot

Adult Written bypaigeturner89 April 9, 2008

Spooky, Spunky, and Sweet

I just took my 11-year-old brother out to see this movie. It's a little spooky (the tweens in front of us kept screaming and giggling, to our chagrin) but not too scary. Thriller-like pop outs and suspense. Emma Roberts does a good job at portraying the quirky teenager from the '30s. Fun, fast-paced, and fresh.
Parent of an infant, 3, and 11 year old Written bygrahamandheather April 9, 2008

Cool with a few creepy parts

My ten-year-old son gripped my arm really tightly during a few of the creepy scenes in the old house, but otherwise thought it was a very cool movie. We both thought Nancy was a great role model for kids.
Adult Written byjj75771 April 9, 2008
What needs to be addressed is that the woman the mystery is surrounding was an unwed mother who gave her child up for adoption. I was not prepared to explain the circumstances creating that situation to my 7 year old. The problem, and my frustration that it wasn't even mentioned in the review, is that this "situation" is a integral part of the mystery which is adressed multiple times. I was so concerned with answering the questions that would arise from the movie that I was not able to enjoy it what-so-ever.
Adult Written byajgy April 9, 2008