All parent member reviews for Nancy Drew

Adult Written bytredmer April 9, 2008

Great role model for young girls

This movie was appropriate for 10 and up. I think 8 might be a bit young for some of the suspense. Nancy is such a great role model. She is smart and resouceful, yet very apprehensive of getting involved with Ned. The movie was fun and had the mild suspense that my kids loved. My son even enjoyed it. While I was watching it the single mom aspect never occured to me or my kids and I have two 10 year olds. I wish they would make more movies like this.
Adult Written bykeekee504 April 9, 2008

this is why it's so hot

Adult Written bypaigeturner89 April 9, 2008

Spooky, Spunky, and Sweet

I just took my 11-year-old brother out to see this movie. It's a little spooky (the tweens in front of us kept screaming and giggling, to our chagrin) but not too scary. Thriller-like pop outs and suspense. Emma Roberts does a good job at portraying the quirky teenager from the '30s. Fun, fast-paced, and fresh.
Adult Written byjj75771 April 9, 2008

What needs to be addressed is that the woman the mystery is surrounding was an unwed mother who gave her child up for adoption. I was not prepared to explain the circumstances creating that situation to my 7 year old. The problem, and my frustration that it wasn't even mentioned in the review, is that this "situation" is a integral part of the mystery which is adressed multiple times. I was so concerned with answering the questions that would arise from the movie that I was not able to enjoy it what-so-ever.
Adult Written byclimb4time2 April 9, 2008

Good Mystery Fun

This was perfect for my 10 year old. She doesn't like too scary. This was a good mystery with enough plot and emotion that she dealt with small "tense" spots well. 12 year old liked it as well. I ended up taking my 4 year old in as well. It wasn't anything she couldn't handle, but she was a little bored right in the middle. I liked the movie. It was fun and not full of unneccesary "bad stuff" that seems to be in everything lately. ENJOY!!!
Adult Written byajgy April 9, 2008