All member reviews for Nanny McPhee Returns

Fantasy isn't as enchanting as original, but it's still fun.

Kid, 10 years old May 30, 2011

PATHETIC

I think that this movie is pretty pathetic, A kid would NEVER be able to disfuse a bomb! and anyway, I think that if "Nanny mc Phee" Was real then she would simply be arrested for child abuse! [Ok maybe she would get her stick] But in a word Pathetic
Kid, 10 years old August 30, 2010

PG for a reason. saw the movie,here is some of the scenes from the movie...

im going to b explaining this: first scene: they show their (ugly) home and animals pooping on the farm and yelling and "get off the furniture because i want the house to look nice for our rich cousins" towards the next scene: all the items in a shop start talking and saying "THE PERSON YOU NEED IS NANNY McPHEE" and also before that part,there is more bratty rich cousins realizing when they step out of the car they will be stepping in animal poop...and the diva-like young daughter is FIGHTING to stay in the car. after her clothes are dropped and ruined, there is a scene shortly after they are in the house where the cousin (boy) gets 'dad's jam' which is a jar of jelly they took years\months to make and opens it when they say put it back and then slides it across the table and breaks it to pieces. they are then violently fighting in another scene where the mom can't individually handle the children herself so nanny mcPhee appears magically and greets the kids upstairs,(she greets the mom first). it may be a bit intense for young children whenever they are fighting when the camera people show a better view of it. nanny mcPhee then says,"stop fighting" and also a kid throws this paper thing in a fire. they don't listen SO SHE WHIPS OUT HER CANE AND BANGS IT!!! -it pauses everything,and a black bird can then get the paper thing out of the fire instead of making the kid do it (which is why she is upset at him). she also would make them fight themselves instead of fight others. she said she wouldnt make it stop unless they said they were sorry like they meant it. they then said they were sorry and she made it stop and she went downstairs and told the mom lesson 1,stop fighting,was complete. then they obeyed her when she said to go to bed. but they were having trouble with that and they were saying "ID RATHER SHARE WITH A GOAT" or "ID RATHER SHARE WITH AN ELEPHANT" so she magically makes a goat and elephant sleep with the kids who said that. they said that since they didnt want to share with someone else (human). one of the kids wouldnt have to share a bed. then in the morning,she blows a loud trumpet to wake them up and says "out of bed get dressed and downstairs for breakfast on the double"(right now). well whenever all the kids are downstairs except one cousin (the girl) they find her in the kids moms dress (not hers)she said it was the only nice thing for her to wear cause her other clothes got covered in poop. they were then telling her how she cant wear that and all. when they got to the farm, the piglets were gone. so they had to chase the piglets (my favorite part of the movie). nanny mcPhee used her magical cane to make the pigs "fly",climb trees,and swim in a fanciful way. yet they still didnt catch the pigs. so the cousin (boy)'s strategy was to use an important part of the dress she was wearing to catch the pigs. they showed the mom the pigs they had caught,but she was upset about what they had used to get the pigs. i cannot remember much more. PLEASE give this a "helped me decide" or "had useful details" :D P.S. i gave itage 9+ cause of the violence (pretty mild though).
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byAquiladog August 25, 2010

Predictable, delightful, fun. Children get to watch children struggle and overcome challenges and the magical parts are goofy and funny. It drags a bit in spots for the adults... but the children are happy throughout and at the end...so its a winner for the family.
Educator and Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byTV free family November 27, 2014

Odd violence and "training" methods

I rented this movie after reading reviews on this website, stating it was suitable for young children but what a shock! My boys (8 and 10) were really stunned and upset by the scene where Nanny McPhee "trains" the kids by having them hit themselves and hurt themselves repeatedly. I could not believe they would put this on a kids movie, neither could my boys, judging from their faces and how they tried to hide in my arms. This was not funny at all, it shows children being abused and brutalized, and forced to do it themselves, which is even worse. I would not recommend this movie at all. Children should be encouraged to behave properly by example and good, loving, manners, not by what is shown there. So I turned this into a conversation about the nanny's ways and whether or not they were appropriate. I am very disappointed I showed this to my boys and I am very happy they had no interest seeing it again.
Educator Written byAlan Wang March 29, 2013

Nanny McPhee Returns Preview

I Think, The Movie "Nanny McPhee Returns" is A Good Movie And Children Can Watch The Film Whatever They Want And I Want Parents To Be Mor e Strict And Protect Their Kids From Watching "Nanny McPhee Returns" A nd Let Them Judge What is Right For Their Children And Safety is Always Followed When Watching The Movie And I'm Also A Writer And Screenwri ters of "Nanny McPhee Returns" And I Let Fans Watch And Have A Good Laugh!
Educator and Parent Written byAllen Wang March 28, 2013

Nanny McPhee Returns Ratings of The Film

I Think, The Movie "Nanny McPhee Returns" is A Good Movie But The Ra ting of This Film is Full of Language, Rude Humor And Mild And So, The M ovie is OK To Watch But Don't Let Kids Learn Bad Humor And Language! OK? Thank You, Parents And Care Providers For Letting Kids Watch And One More Thing I Need To Tell You is Be Always Strict When Kids Watch "Nanny McPhee Returns"!
Kid, 7 years old August 19, 2012

Enjoyable Family Movie.

This is a great family movie that my seven year old wants to watch again and again. There are many surprises and delights, a bad guy uncle who tries to cause trouble for his beautiful sister-in-law and family, in hopes of coming to their rescue by taking over their farm.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 March 26, 2012

get some wart freezer!

what the heck was wrong with this movie. i dont know why they bothered to make it in the first place, but it just didnt work.
Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2011

comnedy

stupid movie
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2011

Too Much Torturing

Do not watch this! The nanny tortures the kids! If they dont behave, shell make bad things happen! Avoid this movie, NOW!
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byedmmomof2boys June 18, 2011

Enjoyed it more than I thought

My kids really liked this movie. My 5 year old doesn't usually enjoy ANY movie, as he gets scared at the littlest of things. I actually can't even think of another movie like this that he would choose to watch again. Didn't really like the side plot of the uncle trying to get the farm and the 2 women loan collectors after him, but other than that I thought it was great.
Parent of a 3, 4, 6, 9, and 12 year old Written bynanny1 March 11, 2011

Perfect for the Whole Family!

It was by far better than the first movie! Great! We loved it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEquestrian.Samantha March 10, 2011

Great for the Whole Family

This is such a cute movie. Six year old and sixteen year olds alike will enjoy it. Also, Asa Butterfield's acting was stupendous. He did a great job.(: Highly recommend.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCityofbonesfan019 February 12, 2011

Anyone who like the 1st must see this one!

I really did like this movie, but not as much as the original. Although each movie has its advantages... but each had beautiful endings
Kid, 11 years old January 28, 2011

Very disappointing movie

1 a little funny thing in there. But overall it was just so boring. There should not have been a second one.
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written bylititzmom January 25, 2011

A fun, family film

Terrific movie, great for family viewing. Provided some thought-provoking themes and ideas (launched discussions of WWII as well as divorce at that time). Nothing too scary or intense. Just a fun, uplifting movie.
Adult Written byimjh January 8, 2011

the greatest movie I"ve seen in years. besides the first one
Parent of a 7 year old Written byestebang9 December 30, 2010

Kid, 10 years old December 23, 2010

Not bad

it was a good film and nothing wrong with it but it just wasnt my type of genre it was kinda boring but it had positive messages and it was educational
Kid, 9 years old December 21, 2010

perfect for 4 and over

only a little sexy stuff