One-of-a-kind high school comedy for the family.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJazzyB12345 April 9, 2008

BEST MOVIE AWARD!

this waz an awsome movie ! this is a family movie i think this should be 8+
Teen, 15 years old Written byP dump April 14, 2010

Fun, the more I watch it, the more I like it.

That being said, I watched the movie 4 times in theater, and over 20 times total. Don't blame ya if you think its stupid. It is. But it's just as funny. No cussing, lots of "flips", "dangs", and the like.
Kid, 9 years old August 8, 2009

Be Careful But Watch It!

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! But some of it could be hard for kids under age 8; my brother kept asking me what the heck was going on; and lots of the word 'idiot' but otherwise AWESOME!
Educator and Parent of a 11, 18+, and 18+ year old Written bykathryn ford May 30, 2010

don't even consider wasting 5 min on this

we watched 1/2 of this with our 11 yo before bailing out. all of us thought it depressingly stupid. every character has the same flat affect which seems to be consistent with low IQ, depression or both. no redeeming social value. YUK
Kid, 11 years old September 16, 2012

Napoleon Dynamite

The Movie is about a teenage named Napoleon that goes to a high school with a new kid in school named Pedro. Napoleon starts to fall in ''love'' with this girl in school that is not too popular named Deb. But instead of asking her to the dance Napoleon ask's another girl. When they arrive at the dance she takes off with her friends and Pedro is seen with Deb dancing. Pedro sees Napoleon alone so he tells him to go and dance with Deb. And they have a wonderful night. The movie contains some scenes of violence and there is some cussing but it's mainly like: Crap or Freaking. The Movie would be appropriate for kids that are 9 years and up.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byluvdasox June 5, 2012

One of the Funniest Movies Ever!

This is a quirky movie about the quintessential misfit in high school. It is truly hilarious and I laugh every time I watch it. Superficially it seems like a silly movie, but what I like is that Napoleon doesn't care what people think about him. It teaches kids to be themselves. There is really nothing inappropriate in the movie but some of the humor will go over younger kids' heads. It is a classic, must see movie for all pre-teens and teens.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byzackk710 June 10, 2010
good, but lots of bullies, and fighting. some bad language used, sexual scenes
Parent of a 11 year old Written byedklat August 27, 2014
Kid, 10 years old July 25, 2014

MrLevi Parental Reviews: Napoleon Dynamite

Positive Messages ***: Though Napoleon is kinda a nerd and is kinda insulting he is still not a bad character and he is great friends with pedro (who is also a nerd) Violence: Napoleon slaps pedro in one scene (played for laughs) Not that bad! Sex: A character and is girlfriend have some sort-of-like sexual situations but they are nothing that your kids will do in fact I think they will die laughing at the movie at one point. There is one scene that is meant to be immature comedy humor when they buy a time machine online that must be located near the pelvis area (I will admit,I laughed) Language: Not much but your kids after the movie might say "Retard, Idiot (strongly) etc. I would not talk to them about unless they say it!!!
Parent Written byaimless1 December 29, 2012

Not everyone appreciates this movie, but we do!

Funny movie.... in a wierd way. Not everyone can appreciate it. It gets funnier every time you watch it then it is even funnier to talk about with others who love it. My 7 year old likes it and it doesn't have anything that gave me apprehension in letting her watch it.
Adult Written byAlphaZK93 January 24, 2011

Every child should see this movie before they become teenagers. But be careful with youngsters. They might start saying 'idiot'

Best. Comedy movie. From the 2000's. Ever. My only concern is that little kids will start saying "freakin', flippin, idiot, stupid, retarted" a lot. And the herbal enhancer scene might leave young minds in the dark, prompting an uncomfortable discussion. But other than that, pretty much any kid over 10 would be fine.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bytch January 29, 2010

Quirky but safe!

This is a quirky movie that may not click with everyone...but there is no harm done in watching it. The strongest words are "frickin" and "What the flip". There are a couple of moments of sexual tension (though brief) and young kids won't get the breast enhancement subject. There is no drinking, sex, overt violence, smoking or swearing - it should get an award just for that because it's so unusual! It's about odd-ball characters who need love and respect too :).
Adult Written bywhovian85 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written bypemugymtx00 May 4, 2013

Hilarious Movie for the Family!

This is and amazing movie with many life stories. Very mild language like "crap" "idiot" etc. and some mild character to character combat such may be used but, otherwise it has a great story line. I only recommend this to kids 10 and up only because they can understand it the most. It is not inappropriate but, the plot line may not make sense to a younger audience.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 4, 2012

napoleon dynamite

Families can talk about adolescence in different times and places. How is life for the teens in the movie like or not like your own experiences of adolescence? Why do you think Napoleon Dynamite caught on so well even though it's so quirky? If you've seen the animated series of Napoleon Dynamite, how do you think it compares with the movie?
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 February 25, 2012

great family film

this Comedy-Drama film from MTV is great for the whole family. there is some name calling. and Napoleon complains that none of the girls want to go out with him, and he says that his best friend is good at getting chicks (girls), and Napoleon's uncle bullies Napoleon. that is it.
Kid, 10 years old August 18, 2011

My Review

This movie is a little bit bad, but not really. It's a great, hilarious movie. The only thing I didn't like about it was the kind of cr*ppy backround of it. You kind of felt like it had no feeling, like it was a 'Just Because' movie. I know it was a comedy, but it doesn't make me feel good when I watch it except for the funny parts. I would reccomend it though.
Kid, 10 years old December 12, 2010

Hilarious!

My 8-year-old brother is actually watching this right now! There is no reason for this to be rated innapropriate, but younger kids might not UNDERSTAND it, that's the prob. It's one of my faves and it's SUPER funny!
Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist December 18, 2009

Loved it. Best comedy I've ever seen.

This movie is one of the best movies made by 20th century fox. Get's lots of laughs. There are some jokes that are inappropriate but will go over kids' heads.
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2009

Perfect for entire family! An all time Favorite!

Love everything about this movie! This goes to show that a movie can be made without using bad language, violence or drinking and still be one of the best movies ever!