All member reviews for Napoleon Dynamite

One-of-a-kind high school comedy for the family.

Age

Teen, 15 years old Written byJazzyB12345 April 9, 2008

BEST MOVIE AWARD!

this waz an awsome movie ! this is a family movie i think this should be 8+
Teen, 15 years old Written byP dump April 14, 2010

Fun, the more I watch it, the more I like it.

That being said, I watched the movie 4 times in theater, and over 20 times total. Don't blame ya if you think its stupid. It is. But it's just as funny. No cussing, lots of "flips", "dangs", and the like.
Kid, 9 years old August 8, 2009

Be Careful But Watch It!

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! But some of it could be hard for kids under age 8; my brother kept asking me what the heck was going on; and lots of the word 'idiot' but otherwise AWESOME!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byzackk710 June 10, 2010

good, but lots of bullies, and fighting. some bad language used, sexual scenes
Parent Written byaimless1 December 29, 2012

Not everyone appreciates this movie, but we do!

Funny movie.... in a wierd way. Not everyone can appreciate it. It gets funnier every time you watch it then it is even funnier to talk about with others who love it. My 7 year old likes it and it doesn't have anything that gave me apprehension in letting her watch it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 February 25, 2012

great family film

this Comedy-Drama film from MTV is great for the whole family. there is some name calling. and Napoleon complains that none of the girls want to go out with him, and he says that his best friend is good at getting chicks (girls), and Napoleon's uncle bullies Napoleon. that is it.
Kid, 10 years old August 18, 2011

My Review

This movie is a little bit bad, but not really. It's a great, hilarious movie. The only thing I didn't like about it was the kind of cr*ppy backround of it. You kind of felt like it had no feeling, like it was a 'Just Because' movie. I know it was a comedy, but it doesn't make me feel good when I watch it except for the funny parts. I would reccomend it though.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bytch January 29, 2010

Quirky but safe!

This is a quirky movie that may not click with everyone...but there is no harm done in watching it. The strongest words are "frickin" and "What the flip". There are a couple of moments of sexual tension (though brief) and young kids won't get the breast enhancement subject. There is no drinking, sex, overt violence, smoking or swearing - it should get an award just for that because it's so unusual! It's about odd-ball characters who need love and respect too :).
Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist December 18, 2009

Loved it. Best comedy I've ever seen.

This movie is one of the best movies made by 20th century fox. Get's lots of laughs. There are some jokes that are inappropriate but will go over kids' heads.
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2009

Perfect for entire family! An all time Favorite!

Love everything about this movie! This goes to show that a movie can be made without using bad language, violence or drinking and still be one of the best movies ever!
Teen, 17 years old Written byTrinity3 March 21, 2009

Flippin Sweet!!

Lets just say its one of those love-or-hate kind of movies. I personally love it and watch it often. It has no profanity and is very clean. A cute family comedy that kids will love!
Adult Written bywhovian85 April 9, 2008
Parent of a 11 year old Written byedklat August 27, 2014

Kid, 10 years old July 25, 2014

MrLevi Parental Reviews: Napoleon Dynamite

Positive Messages ***: Though Napoleon is kinda a nerd and is kinda insulting he is still not a bad character and he is great friends with pedro (who is also a nerd) Violence: Napoleon slaps pedro in one scene (played for laughs) Not that bad! Sex: A character and is girlfriend have some sort-of-like sexual situations but they are nothing that your kids will do in fact I think they will die laughing at the movie at one point. There is one scene that is meant to be immature comedy humor when they buy a time machine online that must be located near the pelvis area (I will admit,I laughed) Language: Not much but your kids after the movie might say "Retard, Idiot (strongly) etc. I would not talk to them about unless they say it!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byzelda415 June 30, 2014

Fun, light, comedy with tons of quotable moments

Napoleon Dynamite is hilarious without really any "adult humor." There are a few words like "freaking," "crap," and "idiot," but nothing an older elementary school kid hasn't heard before. The only two things that might concern adults is an off-screen animal slaughter, some implied sexual scenes (for example, Uncle Rico starts to take off his shirt in a sexy way before revealing he's just pulling out a product flyer) and the fact that one product Uncle Rico is selling is a breast enhancer, (although these will probably elude any kid not old enough to understand these things anyway). Younger viewers may not appreciate the quirky humor as much as others, but it's not "inappropriate" for them by any means.
Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2013

Laugh out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost died ! It is sooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Parent of a 3, 3, and 5 year old Written byjonallypugliese1023 November 1, 2013

Napolean Dynamite is great

Great movie one of my favorites its really funny would definitely let my kids watch a lot of you people have horrible tastes in movies if you say this movie sucks and seriously people learn how to spell it makes you look like an idiot and crap and freaking aren't cuss words people come on I'm tired of seeing reviews with nothing in them its so annoying
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. August 2, 2013

Stupidest most awkward movie I've ever seen.

Teen, 13 years old Written bypemugymtx00 May 4, 2013

Hilarious Movie for the Family!

This is and amazing movie with many life stories. Very mild language like "crap" "idiot" etc. and some mild character to character combat such may be used but, otherwise it has a great story line. I only recommend this to kids 10 and up only because they can understand it the most. It is not inappropriate but, the plot line may not make sense to a younger audience.
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd November 18, 2012

this movie is da bomb!!!!!!

despite it`s budget being only $400,000 dollars it`s actually one of the best movies i have ever seen