All member reviews for National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Silly humor for the holidays; some iffy.

Teen, 13 years old Written byaidanqm1996 August 21, 2009

OH MY GOSH!!!!! TOO MUCH LANGUAGE!!!!!!

Language, language, and more language. You can barely go a scene in this movie without at least 1 profanity.
Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2010

HILARIOUS HOLIDAY COMEDY, IF YOUR MATURE ENOUGH

This is the funniest thing ever! I watch it every Christmas and every year I end up crying it is so funny. THE LANGUAGE IS THE WORST THING ON THIS MOVIE! The f word is said once. i can't remember whether the s word was said or not. It is a funny movie that kids can most likely watch. But I would not recomend it to anone under 10. Unless they are very mature.
Adult Written byhellomynameisgeorge November 26, 2010

great for middle schoolers and up

this is a great christmas movie for the whole family. some kids wont get all the jokes, and there is nothing bad in it. the slapstick humor is funny. this is for middle schoolers and up. mabey a fifth grader if he acts mature. overall i give this movie for a great christmas movie a 10/10
Teen, 13 years old Written bymannymateo10isback December 27, 2010

pretty okay, but not that good, its funny though!!

well it was pretty okay, but in one scene it shows a lady appears in a daydream stripping out of her bathing suit, and a camera cuts away, but the breasts almost appeared, and theres alot of profanity in here also
Parent of a 9, 11, and 11 year old Written byBex6911 December 19, 2015

If profanity is a problem for you, then no kids. Otherwise,

There is swearing. My kids do not have virgin ears. If you tell your kids that they make bad choices and none of it could really happen, they should be fine. It's funny as heck!!!
Parent Written bydavidrox January 21, 2013

CLASSIC

I really liked this movie. we watch it every christmas season, however, know you're child. there is a lot of swearing including, the S word, the F word, the B word, and lots of other profanity. also lots of sexual innuendoes, and implied masturbation. know your kid, but i say twelve and up. My MPAA Rating is: PG-13 For course language, constant sexual situations, and brief smoking
Parent Written byThe smart guy May 25, 2015

Some parents are way too wimpy! (No offense)

This is the best Christmas movie ever! I recommend this movie to every Family! The language isn't that bad (which my kids can handle. ) There is hardly any sexual content. So watch this movie this movie this Christmas on either DVD , Netflix, or T.V! Regards, The Smart Guy.
Adult Written byOpiemom December 25, 2011

Not appropriate

Yuck! There is some slapstick humor, but really the language and the sexual overtones are inappropriate. Lying, and adultery are not funny in any circumstance
Kid, 10 years old December 14, 2014

Quite iffy...

Well,I watched this with my 7 and8 year old sisters and they honestly didn't care. The iffy parts were when Clark gets his"Christmas bonus" and says a never ending list of swears referring to his boss;he goes Christmas Shopping at the mall and finds himself talking to a woman in her mid-20s with ridiculously large breasts and slipping up words like:"It's very nipply outside--I mean nippy". Also later that night he is looking outside the window and sees the woman again in a day dream: the woman is on the diving board of the pool he wants, she gestures for him to come outside and strips down her bathing suit entirely. The camera is put back on Clark just as she turns around to face the camera. Other than that,There are positive messages and role models.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bybwolfe90 November 28, 2012

Fun, but not for young kids

It is a fun movie and a personal modern Christmas classic along with A Christmas Story and Scrooged. It's important to note though that presents from Santa are discussed.
Parent of a 5, 6, 7, 10, 10, and 17 year old Written byCharlie The Cat December 17, 2011

chevy chase funnies

very funny but they say some curse words
Adult Written byBlackSamurai October 26, 2012

A Legendary Movie

This is one of the greatest movie I ever watched. I watched it for as long as I can remember, being at least age 3 when I first saw it, and it remains to this day a legend. I don't find this movie too offensive, except for the long lines of cussing and the occasional sexual inneudo, but it's not really meant to offend, just used to add to the humor. (Just remind your children not to do the things the characters in the movie do.) I think this is a great family movie for the holidays.
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2011

You don't know what disfunctional means until you've seen this holiday movie

An average family comedy for the holidays that features probably the worst family ever. The put their waste in the gutter, the wrap a cat in a box and then accidentally electricute it, set fire to a tree, kidnap a man, crash a car, destroy a turkey and do just about every other crazy thing you could imagine.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybibliophile December 5, 2008

NOT APPROPRIATE

This movie had sexual dialogue and scenes and pictures, and plenty of language. Many sexual and crude comments, and I can't see how anyone could say an eleven year old could watch it. DO NOT WATCH!
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

Ok, not for kids, but still...

The funniest National Lampoon movie of them all!!! You've got to see this at Christmas. If you've got kids, wait until it airs on television- that way it will filter some of the language and sexual content.
Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2011

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too profane for a child's eyes:X

the language, let me tell you all, is DOWN-RIGHT PROFANE!!! This movie should be rated R instead of PG13. For suggestive humor, strong profane language, and strong humor
Parent Written byBPmichigan December 26, 2012

Good movie, but not the best choice for a family

I'm a fan of Christmas lights, so I can relate to the character in the movie. There are some funny parts (like the Christmas tree that's too large for the living room, getting trapped in the attic, difficulty with the ladder, putting so many adapters on each outlet that the plugs are about ready to fall out, discovering the real reason as to why the lights won't turn on), but also a lot of bad language and angry outbursts, especially during the scene where he's chewing out his boss (you will get an earful if you don't hit the mute button). The scene where he imagines the woman he saw at the store as being topless (the camera cuts off at just the right moment) is not a necessary addition to the movie. The movie is OK for a family without little kids (who might not know that some of the behavior and language is inappropriate), but parents might want to watch the movie with their kids, rather than letting their kids watch it alone.
Parent Written bymattbruns3 May 24, 2015

Funny but iffy for younger kids without supervison.

A lot of language is used in this movie. One scene of partial nudity but not very much is shown. Some sexual humor. OK for 12 but under 12 should be supervised.
Parent of a 5, 5, 11, and 13 year old Written bylittch June 17, 2010

A Tradition

We watch it every year at Christmas. It's a tradition. There is some language.
Adult Written byameliaw1 November 26, 2015

Family

Watch this with my family every thanksgiving!